Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > TalkBoard Topics
Reload this Page >

Voting Over, Motion Passed: Other Air Travel+ Private and Non-Airline Aviation Forum

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Voting Over, Motion Passed: Other Air Travel+ Private and Non-Airline Aviation Forum

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2016, 3:43 am

Programs: AA, United, Delta, Alaska, Aeroplan
Yes!

Yes. A great idea .... looking forward to this very much.
Old Jun 15, 2016, 1:03 pm

Yes. I also agree. I look forward to learning a lot from the new forum.
Old Jun 16, 2016, 8:19 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
This motion has received more than the required six "Yes" votes and will pass.
Old Jun 16, 2016, 9:34 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
The CommunityDirector moved quickly & has created the forum.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other...-aviation-754/

The list of possible topics that the forum would cover that MSPEconomist created has been made into a sticky by the CD. The senior mods have been asked to start moving appropriate threads into the new forum. Hopefully they'll check the discussion thread as oenophilist & kagehitokiri posted quite a few threads/links that would belong in the new forum.

Cheers.
Old Jun 16, 2016, 1:57 pm

Programs: UA 1K
Yes. Great Idea
Old Jun 16, 2016, 5:03 pm
Ambassador, New England

Programs: Amtrak, WN RR, Choice
dchristiva, I might suggest in the future that if there is an idea that you have any reservations about, even if you're having trouble quantifying what those reservations are, that you post something in either the public thread or the private one saying so instead of just sitting back and waiting for the motion to be made and seconded to raise your concerns. That way you might just be able to buy some time to contemplate things before the motion takes off without you being on board.

So as to not derail this thread any further, I would suggest dchristiva and any others interested in discussing the voting/announcement procedures either start a new thread or bump up one of the threads where such procedure has already been discussed.

Kudos on this new forum, and while I don't know if I will be a regular participant, I hope it does well for those who are! ^
Old Jun 16, 2016, 6:21 pm

Originally Posted by lo2e

Kudos on this new forum, and while I don't know if I will be a regular participant, I hope it does well for those who are! ^
+1.

Cheers.

Last edited by JDiver; Jun 16, 2016 at 7:28 pm Reason: Close quote
Old Jun 16, 2016, 7:28 pm
Moderator: Avianca, Travel Photography, Travel Technology & USA

Programs: Emeritus VIP Fromins Deli Encino grandfathered successor program - UA MM & HH Diamond
Significant editing of the thread has occurred. Open forum bickering between TalkBoard members after a motion is definitively going to pass or fail, is a distraction to the community. Also, a good slice of the "bickering" wasn't even related to the core topic.
Old Jun 24, 2016, 4:35 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
On June 24, 2016 TalkBoard succeeded to pass with 7-0-2
"Creation of a Private Jet Forum"

Voting Yes: jackal, Canarsie, CMK10, jason8612, skiAdcock, nsx, rwoman,

Abstaining: dchristiva, MSPeconomist
Old Jun 25, 2016, 7:17 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Voting process related posts have been moved to http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/talkb...e-related.html

JDiver, Moderator
Old Jun 29, 2016, 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by CMK10
On June 24, 2016 TalkBoard succeeded to pass with 7-0-2
"Creation of a Private Jet Forum"

Voting Yes: jackal, Canarsie, CMK10, jason8612, skiAdcock, nsx, rwoman,

Abstaining: dchristiva, MSPeconomist
Surprise, surprise.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 8:05 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I decided to abstain not because I believe that my vote doesn't matter but because the motion was vague and incomplete. I tried to initiate discussion of exactly what would be included in the proposed new forum, but those initiating the motion didn't want to discuss that or include even such details as where the new forum would be located on FT. IMO TB recommendations should be specific and more than just an endorsement of an idea.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 8:35 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
I decided to abstain not because I believe that my vote doesn't matter but because the motion was vague and incomplete. I tried to initiate discussion of exactly what would be included in the proposed new forum, but those initiating the motion didn't want to discuss that or include even such details as where the new forum would be located on FT. IMO TB recommendations should be specific and more than just an endorsement of an idea.
Speaking as the person who seconded the motion, this is an absolute falsehood.
Old Jun 29, 2016, 8:38 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by CMK10
Speaking as the person who seconded the motion, this is an absolute falsehood.
What's false? There were no details in the motion, my reasons for voting as I did, or that fact that it's my opinion that TB recommendations should contain specific details and not just suggest some idea?
Old Jun 29, 2016, 9:03 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
What a total crock. You had plenty of time to put forward your specific ideas re: what the motion should include, beyond what was already included, before the formal motion was made & seconded. You were even asked to do so - but didn't. It should also be noted that it was discussed where the forum would reside.

The motion was similar to other motions over the last 15 years. It had a forum name, a forum description - and in this case a list (originally created by you but then amended by the CD) re: topics/threads that would make sense for the forum that was to be made into a sticky for the new, thriving forum. If you were expecting every granule of sand or snowflake to be itemized in this particular motion, then you were expecting more of this motion than other motions over the last 15 years.

It should also be noted that the forum had 100% support by FTers & so far the only two complaining about it after the fact are you & dchristiva. And even DC said he thought the forum was a good idea; his abstain had nothing to do w/ the forum at all, but his current problem w/ the process. Given you've banged on & on about "your" list being made public I truly wonder (please note I am speaking only for myself), how much of this is your thinking the motion was incomplete vs. you're still being pissed off that a generic (yet great starting point) list created by you was made public. It should also be noted that you were encouraged to make the list public yet chose not to do so.

Anyway, while I do not agree w/ your reason for abstaining, I appreciate your posting why you did so.

Cheers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.