Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > TalkBoard Topics
Reload this Page >

TB Followers - Top issues TB should address in 2016? [flame free]

TB Followers - Top issues TB should address in 2016? [flame free]

Old Dec 1, 2015, 1:34 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by Canarsie

Would someone like to launch a discussion in this forum to advocate members of TalkBoard considering a motion on this particular topic so that we may review in detail the advantages and disadvantages of such an addition to FlyerTalk?
Uh, you mean like a TB member doing so or are we asking FTers to do the work?

Cheers.
Old Dec 1, 2015, 1:40 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Uh, you mean like a TB member doing so or are we asking FTers to do the work?

Cheers.
I do not know enough about what has been requested as of yet; so I did not want to appear that I was advocating for the implementation of the software to be added to FlyerTalk.

I would rather someone who is currently more passionate about this particular topic launch the discussion while we return to the topic of what other issues should be addressed to TalkBoard in the coming year.
Old Dec 1, 2015, 2:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Formerly HPN, but then DCA and IAD for a while, and now back to HPN!
Programs: Honestly, I've been out of the travel game so long that I'm not even sure. Maybe Marriott Gold?
Deleted.
Old Dec 1, 2015, 2:02 pm

Originally Posted by Canarsie
I do not know enough about what has been requested as of yet; so I did not want to appear that I was advocating for the implementation of the software to be added to FlyerTalk.

I would rather someone who is currently more passionate about this particular topic launch the discussion while we return to the topic of what other issues should be addressed to TalkBoard in the coming year.
Ah, got it.

Originally Posted by dchristiva
I'm not sure this is the message you want to deliver.
I understood what he meant & I'm sure others do as well. No diss involved. He could have used the word informed, but I think most understood his intent.

Cheers.
Old Dec 1, 2015, 2:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Formerly HPN, but then DCA and IAD for a while, and now back to HPN!
Programs: Honestly, I've been out of the travel game so long that I'm not even sure. Maybe Marriott Gold?
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
I understood what he meant & I'm sure others do as well. No diss involved. He could have used the word informed, but I think most understood his intent.

Cheers.
Glad you understood. I did not. Thought better of my post, though, and deleted it, but I'll own it since you quoted it. I think there's a world of difference between "informed" and "passionate". It kind of looked like, "well, I am not really in love with this idea, so I'll pawn it off on someone else to pursue the matter." Not "I don't really know anything about this, so would someone more technologically savvy take it up?".

But thanks for trying to make me feel stupid because I did not understand his intent the way you did.
Old Dec 1, 2015, 2:43 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Let me see if I can clear up this misunderstanding which I apparently caused.

My intent was simply to get a discussion launched as soon as possible pertaining to the addition of software to FlyerTalk which contains a functionality desired by some members of FlyerTalk; but I have not had a chance to do my research yet to have an opinion about it at this time to have initiated it myself.

I used the word passionate instead of informed not because “I am not really in love with this idea”; but because in general, it is possible to be informed about this potential proposal but not have any preference as to whether or not the software is implemented. IBobi is an example of someone who is more informed than I about this particular topic but seems to have no preference either way as to whether or not the software should be added to FlyerTalk.

That is all there is to it. I am not trying to pawn it off on someone else. I have no opinion as of yet pertaining to this idea...

...and I was simply attempting to return to the topic pertaining to what other issues should be addressed to TalkBoard in the coming year.

I hope that clears things up; but I also want to say three things that I hope my past history on FlyerTalk proves:
  1. I am only trying to do what is best for FlyerTalk.
  2. My intentions are genuine.
  3. I am not afraid of “getting my hands dirty” and doing the work myself.
Old Dec 2, 2015, 3:37 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by IBobi
There's a plugin I believe.

Should be doable. But would require a more high-level discussion among TT and Carol before implementation.

Essentially we need a vetted "yes" before we'd add such wide-ranging functionality to FT.
Can we get rid of the automated "wirelessly posted (.......)" header option that appear in posts so that it is eliminated from future posts? I don't see what purpose this language about device/browser habits serves any longer.
Old Dec 2, 2015, 2:43 pm
No longer with Internet Brands

Programs: DL DM 1.6MM, Marriott LT Plat
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Can we get rid of the automated "wirelessly posted (.......)" header option that appear in posts so that it is eliminated from future posts? I don't see what purpose this language about device/browser habits serves any longer.
Can you link to a post as an example?
Old Dec 2, 2015, 3:02 pm

Originally Posted by IBobi
Can you link to a post as an example?
It appears when some folk post from their smartphones. We can prob come up w/ some examples, but there might be some in tech support too.
Old Dec 2, 2015, 4:31 pm
Ambassador, New England

Programs: Amtrak, WN RR, Choice
Example: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/25796755-post5.html
Old Dec 2, 2015, 4:37 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by lo2e
That sure looks like something that would have come from the Mobile app.
Old Dec 3, 2015, 2:45 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by nsx
Is there any reason why those kind of headers need to be included in posts made via the mobile app?
Old Dec 3, 2015, 9:41 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by lo2e
Originally Posted by nsx
Thats a vestigial organ/function that shows to some bberry users that still bookmarked the older mobile skin. My bberry works fine with the new mobile version of FT and the text no longer shows if I post something from there.
Old Dec 8, 2015, 11:50 am

Programs: Marriott, AAdvantage, United, Club Carlson
1. Abolish the Talkboard. Done.
Old Dec 9, 2015, 2:39 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
With my two sons now going to school I find many parallels to FT... at the first parent teachers meeting last year 2-3 parents wanted to become the parents speaker immediately, so they got elected. They are busy liasing with the school management, organising things, feeling important etc. The other parents are happy somebody is doing it. For the younger sons class its the complete opposite, nobody really stepped forward and in the end somebody was nearly randomly chosen to do it. They go about it in a minimalist pragmatic way.

Either way school management is happy somebody is involved and gives non-binding input on how to run things.

Alternatively you could say the mods are the hall monitors, TB the student council and the regulars are the cool kids that hang out in a certain corner of the school yard and pretty much ignorant of any structure(s) that may exist. And then there are 000s of students who go to school and don't come in contact with either of the three groups because there is simply no need.@:-)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.