Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > TalkBoard Topics
Reload this Page >

I voted today. But I didn't get a badge...

I voted today. But I didn't get a badge...

Old Nov 24, 2015, 2:41 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Formerly HPN, but then DCA and IAD for a while, and now back to HPN!
Programs: Honestly, I've been out of the travel game so long that I'm not even sure. Maybe Marriott Gold?
Originally Posted by Jinxy
Agree completely. The current talkboard has left a lot to be desired in my eyes. I only used 3 votes, and only for the candidates who I truly feel want to do the right thing and not inflate their egos. Agree that their statements and comments were very clear cut this time on who should and shouldn't be voted for.
I'm sensing a distinct theme here: the Dec 2014 to Nov 2015 version of TB was a disappointment. And yet we managed to get some significant things done. I guess how we get things done is as important as what we get done.

I am seriously reconsidering my qualifications for TB, however.

Last edited by dchristiva; Nov 24, 2015 at 3:24 pm
Old Nov 24, 2015, 2:49 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
The "I voted" icons disappeared awfully fast this time.
Sometimes, I'm able to be right on top of things. I was online when voting closed yesterday, and was able to ask IB to take down the I Voted icon. I was also able to get in touch with all the candidates and report the results. I remember some years when it took the better part of a week for that to happen.
Old Nov 24, 2015, 3:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by dchristiva
I'm sensing a distinct them here. The Dec 2014 to Nov 2015 version of TB was a disappointment. And yet we managed to get some significant things done. I guess how we get things done is as important as what we get done.
It is important and is mandated in TB Guidelines after all which hopefully will be followed by this TB and dealt with if not.
Old Nov 24, 2015, 6:29 pm

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
The "I voted" icons disappeared awfully fast this time.
Spare me the black helicopters. Sometimes the CD gets to it right away. Other times it takes a bit more time. Geesh.

Cheers
Old Nov 24, 2015, 7:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Formerly HPN, but then DCA and IAD for a while, and now back to HPN!
Programs: Honestly, I've been out of the travel game so long that I'm not even sure. Maybe Marriott Gold?
Originally Posted by tcook052
It is important and is mandated in TB Guidelines after all which hopefully will be followed by this TB and dealt with if not.
Spare me. I'll take actions over words any day. If you don't like how things are addressed, feel free to run for TB. Otherwise, I think your options are limited.
Old Nov 24, 2015, 7:31 pm

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by dchristiva
Spare me. I'll take actions over words any day. If you don't like how things are addressed, feel free to run for TB. Otherwise, I think your options are limited.
Spare me the refusal of a TB member to follow TB Guidelines.
Old Nov 24, 2015, 9:36 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis
The technical fault has been reported, repaired and elections are over. This thread has now moved on in other directions, so it's time to let it rest.

/JDiver, Moderator

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.