Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > TalkBoard Topics
Reload this Page >

Class Action Lawsuit/Settlement Forum

Old Feb 4, 2009, 12:17 pm
Moderator: Avianca, Travel Photography, Travel Technology & USA
Original Poster

Programs: Emeritus VIP Fromins Deli Encino grandfathered successor program - UA MM & HH Diamond

The following are qualitative criteria that the TalkBoard believes are useful to consider when evaluating proposals to create, close, split, or move forums. Whenever a forum change is discussed on the TalkBoard Topics, the TalkBoard encourages posters to fully address these criteria in addition to any other reasons supporting or opposing the change.

1. Will the forum be (or is it now) beneficial to FlyerTalk?

2. Will the new forum benefit a relationship with FlyerTalk? E.g., does the forum provide value for FT members, such as a friendly ear highly placed in the company

3. Is FT the best place to discuss this subject?

4. Is there a passionate following? This is essential in order to provide dedicated expert helpers to get questions answered.

5. Is a critical mass of posts and readers anticipated or existing? We need adequate traffic to keep everyone visiting frequently. One living forum is more valuable than two mostly dead ones.

6. Is this the best place on FlyerTalk for this subject? This is the classification issue. The answer depends primarily on achieving and maintaining critical mass. It also depends on whether or where the discussion might (or does) occur in the absence of the forum.

7. For proposals to split a forum, is the split expected to improve the signal to noise ratio? Why?

Procedural Statements by the TalkBoard

8. The TalkBoard does not anticipate using automatic sunsetting of forums, preferring instead to create forums only when we they are strongly expected to succeed.

9. At the end of each year, the TalkBoard President will ask the FlyerTalk Host for end-of-year forum activity metrics. Each February, the TalkBoard shall review the least-used forums for possible closure, based on the end-of-year metrics. Members should not expect public notice in advance of proposals to close forums due to the potential for manipulation of the metrics.

Passed June 28, 2010:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/town-...m-changes.html
Old Sep 1, 2015, 10:58 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Sixt Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Avis First, Caesars TR Diamond, Mlife Gold
Lightbulb Class Action Lawsuit/Settlement Forum

I have noticed several websites that list current Class Action Lawsuits, that are looking for claimants. In the past I received near $500 for a Class Action against Trans-Union.

Currently there is a Starkist Tuna Settlement that flyertalkers could get $50.00 Starkist Products or $25.00 cash, as shown with Clark Howard: http://www.clarkhoward.com/get-cash-...tarkist-tuna-s

This could be a profitable and much needed entry, to the flyertalk community.

Also, a sub-forum for airhelp.com which has so far for 2015, gotten me over $2,500 for my recent flights on BA, LH, and Swiss!!
http://techcrunch.com/2014/05/06/wit...ed-up-flights/

https://www.getairhelp.com/en#.VeisaflVhBc

I am amending my proposal to the following: S.P.A.M. Class Action/Air Help Sub-Forum

Last edited by gkbiiii; Sep 3, 2015 at 2:25 pm
Old Sep 1, 2015, 11:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by gkbiiii
I have noticed several websites that list current Class Action Lawsuits, that are looking for claimants. In the past I received near $500 for a Class Action against Trans-Union.

Currently there is a Starkist Tuna Settlement that flyertalkers could get $50.00 Starkist Products or $25.00 cash, as shown with Clark Howard: http://www.clarkhoward.com/get-cash-...tarkist-tuna-s

I can think of many more deserving forums than this one but that's merely MHO.
Old Sep 2, 2015, 1:23 am

Programs: AA Plat, Sixt Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Avis First, Caesars TR Diamond, Mlife Gold
Originally Posted by tcook052
I can think of many more deserving forums than this one but that's merely MHO.

Many flyertalker's are often trying to maximize their advantage. This forum would help them to do so and help those who need compensation for their problem.

I can't say enough great things about Air Help, without them, I could never have received the compensation (as an American) due me, under EU Law.
Old Sep 2, 2015, 5:47 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
I can't say enough great things about Air Help, without them, I could never have received the compensation (as an American) due me, under EU Law.
Pardon me? EU261/04 delay cancellation comp is paid out to anyone who asks for it in the right way. Nothing to do with where you live... EUclaim and Airhelp just do standard stuff and take a cut.
Old Sep 2, 2015, 8:01 am
Ambassador, New England

Programs: Amtrak, WN RR, Choice
IMO a single thread in OMNI dealing with class actions would be sufficient. Go ahead and start one! ^

I don't know enough about AirHelp, but from oliver's description, it sounds a lot like the places that charge you to get your credit report for you when US citizens can get one for free annually.
Old Sep 2, 2015, 8:59 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Most class action lawsuits and settlements aren't travel related.
Old Sep 2, 2015, 11:30 am
Moderator: Information Desk, Women Travelers, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold

Also, a sub-forum for airhelp.com which has so far for 2015, gotten me over $2,500 for my recent flights on BA, LH, and Swiss!!
I can't imagine why a travel website needs a Class Action board, particularly given that the example you provide has nothing to so with travel. When there have been travel-related class actions, I've seen threads for them in the appropriate fora.

If you're interested in class action settlements, I highly recommend getting a free subscription to TopClassActions.com's free enewsletter. No commercial affiliation with them, but I used to write a fair amount about class actions and found they were a great source of information.
Old Sep 2, 2015, 12:02 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
This says all I need to know. This type of material would be right at home in OMNI.
Old Sep 2, 2015, 12:33 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis
TransUnion CRA and StarKist on FlyerTalk?

About FlyerTalk:

About Us

FlyerTalk features discussions and chat boards that covers the most up-to-date traveler information. An interactive community dedicated to your favorite topic: travel! That's right: all travel, all the time. The FlyerTalk forums are open for business 24 hours, 7 days a week. Even better, all travelers -- from vacation travelers to mileage junkies -- are welcome in the community. Just choose a forum and you can get to the business at hand: conversing about programs, how to make the most of your miles and points, general travel, airports, destination and dining information.
EC261/2004 threads are found in TravelBuzz as well as in several airline fora.
Old Sep 2, 2015, 12:50 pm
mia
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend; Moderator: American Express, Capital One, Citi, Chase, Credit Card Programs, Diners Club, Signatures

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
Originally Posted by JDiver
TransUnion CRA and StarKist on FlyerTalk?
TransUnion is relevant because credit cards are an important source of miles and points, in some countries.
Old Sep 2, 2015, 6:54 pm

Originally Posted by oliver2002
Pardon me? EU261/04 delay cancellation comp is paid out to anyone who asks for it in the right way. Nothing to do with where you live... EUclaim and Airhelp just do standard stuff and take a cut.

BA, LH, & Swiss refused to pay, until the Air Help Lawyer took them to court. What am I supposed to do, fly across the Atlantic to file suit myself??
Old Sep 2, 2015, 6:56 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist

BUT, many items in the spam file and others, are not travel related either.
Old Sep 2, 2015, 8:20 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis
BUT, many items in the spam file and others, are not travel related either.
I've no horse in this race; TalkBoard evaluates and determines how well this horse trots.

I have attached the criteria used by TalkBoard in evaluating new fora (see the first post).

/Moderator
Old Sep 3, 2015, 8:17 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
Originally Posted by JDiver
I have attached the criteria used by TalkBoard in evaluating new fora (see the first post).
Didn't those pretty much go out the window when the smoker's forum was created?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.