New forum proposal for South African Airways | Voyager

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New forum proposal for South African Airways | Voyager

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13, 2015, 8:44 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
If this is going to go forward, I'd like to first see a consensus on whether the forum would be a traditional FT airline forum for just South African Airways (plus its regional affiliates), airlines of South Africa (including any budget or LCCs, like the Airlines of Russia forum) or a forum focusing on everything about South Africa, including air travel, like the China forum.
I repeat my sugggestion that we FIRST decide the form that a proposed new forum would take.
Old Oct 13, 2015, 9:25 am

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
I repeat my sugggestion that we FIRST decide the form that a proposed new forum would take.
Agree that this should be done before you all get to actual proposal stage, and then post suggested proposal when you've agreed for feedback (w/ CMK10 doing his well-done job of giving a heads up in affected forums).

Cheers.
Old Oct 13, 2015, 9:38 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
I repeat my suggestion that we FIRST decide the form that a proposed new forum would take.
Agreed. I'd really like to see the original FTer that proposed this forum and seemed pretty excited about getting it off the ground offer his input, but he seems to have disappeared.
Old Oct 13, 2015, 10:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC*G-E100K (once again)
Originally Posted by tom911
Agreed. I'd really like to see the original FTer that proposed this forum and seemed pretty excited about getting it off the ground offer his input, but he seems to have disappeared.
Hey I'm still here! LOL sorry... I've got work and a day job lol

I would love to see a forum for either:
1) South African Airways | Voyager
- or -
2) South African based airlines and mileage programs | SAA | Voyager | BA | Mango | Kulula | Safair

It doesn't matter which one - #2 would probably drive more traffic.

I'm not sure what the typical process is or what is required, but if you guys are going forward with a vote, I'm absolutely down for it
Old Oct 13, 2015, 11:00 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by cooleddie
Hey I'm still here! LOL sorry... I've got work and a day job lol

- or -
2) South African based airlines and mileage programs | SAA | Voyager | BA | Mango | Kulula | Safair

I'm not sure what the typical process is or what is required, but if you guys are going forward with a vote, I'm absolutely down for it
BA = British Airways???
Old Oct 13, 2015, 11:19 am
mia

Programs: AA & Marriott Perpetual Platinum; DL & HH Gold
BA = British Airways???
http://www.comair.co.za/brands/british-airways

As franchise partner of British Airways Plc and a member of the oneworld® alliance, we offer customers seamless connections to an international route network and serve local and regional customers with the same premium standards in mind. Customers can enjoy the the benefit of joining the British Airways Executive Club, which aims to recognise and reward frequent flyers.
Old Oct 13, 2015, 12:11 pm
Original Poster

BA = British Airways???
Comair operates under British Airways / is a franchisee partner of BA and flies domestically in South Africa and also to surrounding regions.
Old Oct 13, 2015, 12:13 pm
Original Poster

If this is going to go forward, I'd like to first see a consensus on whether the forum would be a traditional FT airline forum for just South African Airways (plus its regional affiliates), airlines of South Africa (including any budget or LCCs, like the Airlines of Russia forum) or a forum focusing on everything about South Africa, including air travel, like the China forum.
I think "airlines of South Africa" works better....
Old Oct 13, 2015, 12:39 pm

Programs: HH Silver
- or -

Perhaps however it might also simply divide existing threads between a generic "airlines of South Africa" forum and the current "Other airlines of Africa" and create some confusion so think giving SA its own would be the better choice. Just MHO.
Old Oct 13, 2015, 3:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Obviously, that's what we're doing.

Here's my draft proposal that I posted in the private forum:

Well for anyone who didn't see, I decided to put my money where my mouth is. I'm willing to entertain a Copa forum as well as keeping the Smoking Forum open so I figure my arguments only remain unhypocritical if I suggest we move forward with a South Africa forum.

I suggest that we call it "Airlines of South Africa Including South African Airlines, Comair and Mango" and we include in the description all the major South African Carriers.

Any thoughts?
Old Oct 13, 2015, 3:21 pm

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by CMK10

Did you do your normal heads up in the appropriate forum so you can get some input from those that frequent the forum/give them a few days to respond? You've been very good about that.

Cheers.
Old Oct 13, 2015, 8:13 pm

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Did you do your normal heads up in the appropriate forum so you can get some input from those that frequent the forum/give them a few days to respond? You've been very good about that.

Cheers.
You know what? I actually didn't. I'll go create one right now, thank you for reminding me.
Old Oct 13, 2015, 9:06 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by CMK10

How about this for a name and the description under the name?

---------------------

South African based airlines and mileage programs
South African Airways (SAA) | Voyager | British Airways (Comair) | Mango | Kulula | Safair | SA Airlink | Skywise Airlines | South African Express

---------------------
Old Oct 13, 2015, 11:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Excellent idea! I think it's right choice for everyone. Airlines of South African is a good name. It would be great.
Old Oct 13, 2015, 11:55 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by N830MH
Excellent idea! I think it's right choice for everyone. Airlines of South African is a good name. It would be great.
I still prefer my suggestion:

South African based airlines and mileage programs
South African Airways (SAA) | Voyager | British Airways (Comair) | Mango | Kulula | Safair | SA Airlink | Skywise Airlines | South African Express

Easy to find on the index page under "S" on http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/airli...-programs-374/

Also to follow the same naming convention as "Russian based airlines". Should include "and mileage programs" to include things like the Star Alliance Voyager program and Kulula's credit card, etc.

Last edited by cooleddie; Oct 14, 2015 at 12:01 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.