Increased Transparency in TB Votes

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Increased Transparency in TB Votes

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2015, 9:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by Moderator2
The tradition has been to allow open debate in this forum. However some of the postings in this thread are downright immature, aggressive, and lack constructive commentary.
Agree, and I think all parties involved here needs to take a giant chill pill--perhaps big enough that it takes a week or two to digest, during which time everyone can step back from the situation and analyze his or her own responses to see if they are escalating or de-escalating the tone of the conversation. (Hint: it's not the latter.)

Originally Posted by tom911
I don't doubt that. You make yourself very visible on this forum compared to some other members, so you're going to be involved in more dialog and more discussion/conflict here because of that. You have more posts in this thread than anyone else, and you're very visible in threads throughout this forum. Maybe it's time to scale back some and give other Talk Board members the opportunity to contribute more.
I think that's a positive thing. And I vehemently disagree that any TalkBoard member should artificially stifle his or her voice in the public forum. As long as the contributions are substantive and add to the conversation or otherwise engage those whom the member represents to help add to the conversation, there is no such thing as too much engagement.

Originally Posted by Dovster
I don't have the half hour to watch that episode at the moment, but I do have to ask: how many times is Mrs Slocombe's cat mentioned in this episode?
Old Mar 9, 2015, 9:46 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Pub24
Well, if nothing else, at least this thread has made one of my upcoming ballot choices much clearer.
Jokes on you, I'm not planning to run again
Old Mar 10, 2015, 7:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
That's unfortunate. You have been exceptionally conscientious.

Bruce

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.