Search

Suggestion: New Developments Forum

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2013, 11:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA 1M
Suggestion: New Developments Forum

Along the lines of my special credit cards thread and the facts only AA/US merger thread, I was wondering if it would make sense to have a forum that will have threads with links to threads discussing changes/developments. There should not be any discussion of the development in this forum, but be a place where busy people can take a look everyday to see if there is something newsworthy.

Threads could be changes to award charts, new or cancelled destinations, new fees. People should post the thread in the relevant forum e.g., the UA award chart changes would be in the UA forum. That person or someone else could also post a thread in the New Developments forum with a link to the discussion thread that has been created in the UA forum. Mods for that forum can lock the thread as they get created and a rule should be strictly enforced to not discuss the thread in the New Development forum. The rule to cross post will have to be relaxed for this forum.

Thoughts?
Old Dec 19, 2013, 11:26 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
How would this relate to the newly refocused MilesBuzz forum? To Travel News with its new posting rules?
Old Dec 19, 2013, 12:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Travel news seems to have miscellaneous new articles many of which don't really have an effect on people. Milesbuzz pertains to ways to earn miles right?

Or maybe use the Travel News forum to also cross post a thread from the other forums that are deemed useful/newsworthy and then have them locked down. When creating such a thread, create a dropdown called Cross-post so that mods can quickly lock down such threads.
Old Dec 19, 2013, 12:21 pm

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by UA Fan
Along the lines of my special credit cards thread and the facts only AA/US merger thread, I was wondering if it would make sense to have a forum that will have threads with links to threads discussing changes/developments. There should not be any discussion of the development in this forum, but be a place where busy people can take a look everyday to see if there is something newsworthy.

Threads could be changes to award charts, new or cancelled destinations, new fees. People should post the thread in the relevant forum e.g., the UA award chart changes would be in the UA forum. That person or someone else could also post a thread in the New Developments forum with a link to the discussion thread that has been created in the UA forum. Mods for that forum can lock the thread as they get created and a rule should be strictly enforced to not discuss the thread in the New Development forum. The rule to cross post will have to be relaxed for this forum.

Thoughts?
My initial response is I don't see the need for the forum, & think it could actually be more confusing.

Cheers.
Old Dec 19, 2013, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
My initial response is I don't see the need for the forum, & think it could actually be more confusing.

Cheers.
I am also having doubts. But what about this suggestion:

Or maybe use the Travel News forum to also cross post a thread from the other forums that are deemed useful/newsworthy and then have them locked down. When creating such a thread, create a dropdown called Cross-post so that mods can quickly lock down such threads.
Old Dec 19, 2013, 12:31 pm

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Still not working for me. But if you're having doubts & you're the one that's suggesting a forum it makes me wonder if one is actually needed.

Cheers.
Old Dec 19, 2013, 12:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Still not working for me. But if you're having doubts & you're the one that's suggesting a forum it makes me wonder if one is actually needed.

Cheers.
I forgot about the Travel News forum when I made the suggestion.

I have been trying to select a blog to follow to keep up with developments, but always worry if they miss something. Thought that if something like this idea happened it would be a collaborative effort and be more successful.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.