2013 Talkboard Election results

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2013 Talkboard Election results

Search this Thread

Old Jun 19, 2014, 11:23 am
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by ozstamps
Anyway Talkboard does not seem to be interested in any innovation or new ideas, so back on with the eyeshades and earplugs, and lets keep that FT relevance dial set on 1998.
Listen, do you really think people are going to want to help you out, or have an open mind if you keep talking like that? Respect is a two way street and it's about time you started showing it.
Old Jun 19, 2014, 11:33 am
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

Talkmail highlights random popular threads Carole or IB stumble across in their travels, and has ZERO member input to its content.
That statement is completely inaccurate.

Click on the Thread Tools pop-up menu immediately to the left of Search this Thread at the top right of this — or virtually any — “page” on FlyerTalk.

There is a choice called Suggest Thread for TalkMail. That option has been there for greater than ten years; and you may use it any time you like to suggest a discussion to be highlighted for a future issue of the TalkMail newsletter.
Old Jun 19, 2014, 12:18 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
First question - who decides on "the winner"? Talkboard simple majority vote. No record of who voted posted here - just the result.

Second question - What constitutes a "candidate thread"? The threads that FT MEMBERS nominate here, in the new permanent thread headed Nominate here - your "Thread Of The Month"

Third question - Is this a TB function? Only if you choose to make it one - I cannot image Carole will object, indeed it gives Talkboard SOMETHING specific to do each month,

Fourth question-where and how does "the winning thread" get posted? In post #1 of the thread outlined in #2 above. Done by VP same as motion results are done.

All very simply and straightforward really.

-----------

See my post above.

Perhaps I have read your mind, as all your pressing questions are answered I think.
Bolding and bluing mine: I disagree as this is NOT a Talkboard function and as to Talkboaard votes, while they are made "in secret to the members at large" (unless a TB member chooses to disclose publicly how they voted [which is entirely voluntary and up to them]), all Talkboard votes must be made public after a vote is taken. Also, why do you think this should be a Talkboard function?

Also, would you mind properly quoting vs highlighting a post within your own post not only to avoid the mishegas of having to try and identify what is your comment and someone else's post, it makes it easier for other members to see who you are quoting-thanks
Old Jun 19, 2014, 12:22 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by Canarsie

Click on the Thread Tools pop-up menu immediately to the left of Search this Thread at the top right of this — or virtually any — “page” on FlyerTalk.

There is a choice called Suggest Thread for TalkMail. That option has been there for greater than ten years; and you may use it any time you like to suggest a discussion to be highlighted for a future issue of the TalkMail newsletter.
Agree. And as a regular FTer I've used the suggest thread for TM function before for threads and know other FTers who have as well. ^

But we all digress from what this thread is all about, which is announcing the results of last year's election If oz wants to continue with his suggestion, I echo koko's recommendation that he create a new thread.

Cheers.
Old Jun 19, 2014, 12:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Million Miler. (1.9M) Virgin Platinum. HH Diamond + SPG Gold
Originally Posted by goalie

Also, why do you think this should be a Talkboard function?
Why NOT?

A perfect role for them to play.

It is not as if it will overburden the action packed schedule of yearly events there.

If I was on Talkboard, I'd be ensuring it DID become a TB function.

I'll start a new thread later, as Sharon and Koko suggest.
Old Jun 19, 2014, 12:33 pm
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
Originally Posted by Canarsie

Yeah, that's what i meant. I should have been more specific.

In any case, I am quite certain that that's not a feature that is commonly known about or understood. Perhaps that can be part of the discussion in the new thread I'm sure Oz will start once he has slept off his soccer hangover. ^

Originally Posted by CMK10
Listen, do you really think people are going to want to help you out, or have an open mind if you keep talking like that? Respect is a two way street and it's about time you started showing it.
“Politeness is organized indifference.”
― Paul Valéry
Old Jun 19, 2014, 12:41 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Why NOT?

A perfect role for them to play.

It is not as if it will overburden the action packed schedule of yearly events there.

If I was on Talkboard, I'd be ensuring it DID become a TB function.

I'll start a new thread later, as Sharon and Koko suggest.
I already knew you couldn't answer a question without having to insult us yet again (it's really becoming tiresome, get some new material) but you didn't even answer the question. What are you? 6?

Why?
Why not?

If being an internet blowhard doesn't work out you should go into professional debating. Soon as we find a Douglas to your Lincoln I could see a real future for you.
Old Jun 19, 2014, 12:44 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
oz/CMK, let's keep the discussion on the topic when a new thread is actually created.

Cheers.
Old Jun 19, 2014, 12:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I agree with oz.

It's a great way for TB to interact with people and drive traffic to TBT.

Sad to see it won't happen.
Old Jun 19, 2014, 12:59 pm
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
Originally Posted by CMK10
I already knew you couldn't answer a question without having to insult us yet again (it's really becoming tiresome, get some new material) but you didn't even answer the question. What are you? 6?

Why?
Why not?

If being an internet blowhard doesn't work out you should go into professional debating. Soon as we find a Douglas to your Lincoln I could see a real future for you.
This is not constructive, imho.

Old Jun 19, 2014, 1:21 pm
Moderator: Avianca, Travel Photography, Travel Technology & USA

Programs: Emeritus VIP Fromins Deli Encino grandfathered successor program - UA MM & HH Diamond
This thread was intended to be about events that occurred last year. There is no reason for it to remain open, as the subject has gotten sidetracked.

I'm sure there will be multiple opportunities for members to vent, as we approach election season in fall 2014.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.