Search

Motion Passed: Renaming Airline & Hotel Chain Forums

Search this Thread

Old Dec 24, 2013, 8:35 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by drewguy
Thanks for update - just saw a few that are changed!
It's now complete!

Cheers.
Old Dec 24, 2013, 4:54 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, UA 1K
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
It's now complete!

Cheers.
Any reason why the Flying Blue board does not follow the same format as the others?
Old Dec 24, 2013, 10:13 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Wickersley
Any reason why the Flying Blue board does not follow the same format as the others?
FB is a special case as the FF program includes two separate but equal carriers, AF and KLM, plus several others. It's been structured as FB with AF and KLM subfora for a long time, so that any reorganization into AF the airline and KLM the airline would leave no obvious and easy-to-find place for all of the info about FB.
Old Dec 25, 2013, 10:39 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
FB is a special case as the FF program includes two separate but equal carriers, AF and KLM, plus several others. It's been structured as FB with AF and KLM subfora for a long time, so that any reorganization into AF the airline and KLM the airline would leave no obvious and easy-to-find place for all of the info about FB.
As does Lufthansa and Swiss (sort of) but a question regarding the Untied forum name description*....

It now reads "United Mileage Plus and Continental OnePass merger and new program discussion" and for me, its a bit misleading as it implies only discussing MP and not "all things about the airline and its program" plus OnePass is now defunct and in a closed forum. Any thoughts about tweaking the description?

*I can't speak for the other forums as to be honest, I only fly United and haven't looked at the other airline forums so I don't know what they have as a description.
Old Dec 26, 2013, 12:41 pm
Original Poster

The motion actually had the simplified verbiage for the airline & hotel programs

"(Example of forum description: "For all discussions related to United Airlines and the Mileage Plus program") and so forth for airlines & hotels

Cheers.
Old Dec 26, 2013, 11:51 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by goalie
As does Lufthansa and Swiss (sort of) but a question regarding the Untied forum name description*....

It now reads "United Mileage Plus and Continental OnePass merger and new program discussion" and for me, its a bit misleading as it implies only discussing MP and not "all things about the airline and its program" plus OnePass is now defunct and in a closed forum. Any thoughts about tweaking the description?

*I can't speak for the other forums as to be honest, I only fly United and haven't looked at the other airline forums so I don't know what they have as a description.
Swiss is part of the Lufthansa Group, so people would know to look for Swiss under LH. The same for Austrian, etc., but other LH Group carriers don't have their own subfora.

For the case of KLM and AF, AFAIK it's a common ownership but so far they're run as two separate airlines, although they are close partners. It wouldn't be at all obvious for someone with a KLM question to know to look for the AF forum or vice versa. There's no obvious dominant or much larger airline of the two.
Old Dec 31, 2013, 2:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
For the case of KLM and AF, AFAIK it's a common ownership but so far they're run as two separate airlines, although they are close partners. It wouldn't be at all obvious for someone with a KLM question to know to look for the AF forum or vice versa. There's no obvious dominant or much larger airline of the two.
Agreed.

There's definitely differences in their product.

One example is Premium Voyageur (specific class of service) on AF and Economy Comfort (regular Y seat with more recline/legroom) on KL. Very different animals in many ways.

Old Jan 1, 2014, 6:09 pm
Ambassador, New England

Programs: Amtrak, WN RR, Choice
Not sure if this is already in the plans, but are the car rental forums and Amtrak going to be changed to this format as well?
Old Jan 1, 2014, 9:48 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by lo2e
Not sure if this is already in the plans, but are the car rental forums and Amtrak going to be changed to this format as well?
Funny you should ask, as Canarsie has just suggested the following:

Avis | Wizard
Budget | Fastbreak
Dollar | EXPRESS Renter Rewards
Hertz | Gold Plus Rewards
National | Emerald Club
Sixt |
Thrifty | Blue Chip Rewards

What should the Amtrak forum say?
Old Jan 1, 2014, 9:54 pm

Programs: PA WorldPass Platinum, AA, DL, LH. GHA Black, SPG and HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K

Avis | Wizard
Budget | Fastbreak
National | Emerald Club
Sixt |

I would strongly advise against using all upper case (i.e. "EXPRESS" versus "Express") in any of these. While some companies may display a trademark or brand in this manner, there's no obligation for anyone else to do that (hence, it's verboten in almost all editorial style manuals).

Re Amtrak, it should simply be Amtrak | Guest Rewards as far as I can see.
Old Jan 2, 2014, 1:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM 2MM, BA Bronze, Various Hotels
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K

Avis | Wizard
Budget | Fastbreak
National | Emerald Club
Sixt |

We could use "MySixt" for now...assuming they give it a name at some point?
Old Jan 2, 2014, 5:53 am
Ambassador, New England

Programs: Amtrak, WN RR, Choice
Originally Posted by jspira
Agreed
Old Jan 2, 2014, 9:08 am
Original Poster

Agree.
Old Jan 2, 2014, 10:55 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
...Re Amtrak, it should simply be Amtrak | Guest Rewards as far as I can see.
Agreed as well

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.