Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What's happening with the BD forum?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2013, 8:15 am

Programs: AA ExP
Originally Posted by GUWonder
I prefer that the BD forum status quo remain for at least the better part of this year, with a scheduled revisit of this issue at some point in the last quarter of the year or at the turn of the year.
Based upon the excellent points made, that would be my conclusion as well.
Old Oct 10, 2013, 10:56 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend
Original Poster

Programs: Tamsin - what else is there to say?
Ten months later, activity in the BD forum has all but dwindled.

Nine threads active in the last two weeks, some of which are nothing to do with the current BD (Scottish exams, who are you flying with now).

Any news? Any sign of proactive management?
Old Oct 10, 2013, 11:48 am
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
Originally Posted by Jenbel
Ten months later, activity in the BD forum has all but dwindled.

Nine threads active in the last two weeks, some of which are nothing to do with the current BD (Scottish exams, who are you flying with now).

Any news? Any sign of proactive management?
Are you suggesting that the time has come to pull the cord?
Old Oct 10, 2013, 4:35 pm

Programs: Seniors Bus Pass
As per the original views of GC, after the last redemptions have been flown (now I think?) and the final refunds and cancellation hiccups are resolved (pretty soon about now). New problems have emerged that had not occurred back in January.

There are still problems for the rolling status matches into the second year which are entirely for bmi status matchers - and not really a BA board thing. They will disappear in a few months when the last possible renewal has moved along.

The bmi card is still earning points (fully convertible to BA Avios) and there are problems accessing the old Diamond Club site. I solved a problem for someone only last month (not publicly on FT) over access and transfer of points.

The BD forum may be on life support, and measured for the coffin, but the invitations for the wake should still be a few months away.
Old Oct 10, 2013, 4:40 pm

Programs: EI-GCE, BD-G, BA-G, A3*G, TK*G, FB-G, HH-G, Hyatt-Dia
The lack of a sign visible does not not imply the lack of active management. Such would be simply an inference.

There is a detailed plan for the wind down and closure as decided upon by the CD - and the 3 forum mods have unanimously assented to her vision and will undertake any groundwork required before the plug is pulled.

If the CD wishes to share details of her vision, she may chose to do so.

As antichef has noted, there is some critical - and not elsewhere available - assistance being derived from the forum still, but the coffin certainly has been measured. [/flips though hymnal]

GoldCircle
bmi forum Mod team
Old Oct 11, 2013, 1:13 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
So will you have an irish wake?
Old Oct 11, 2013, 2:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: Tamsin - what else is there to say?
Originally Posted by kokonutz
Are you suggesting that the time has come to pull the cord?
No, I'm asking for information, since there was nothing on the board and nothing on here.

The fact that there is a plan, and I'm sure it's been discussed in full with the mods and the TB is reassuring though.

Is there a reason why it is being kept quiet?
Old Oct 11, 2013, 8:00 am

It's not being 'kept quiet'. There are no conspiracies or plots afoot.

Sometimes things take time to work through appropriately. I'm sure there will be an announcement at an appropriate time, from appropriate source(s) when everyone necessary is in the loop.

For now, it is business as usual in the bmi forum. By 'as usual', I intend it be understood that we are in wind-down mode and that traffic is diminishing, as might be expected.

Originally Posted by oliver2002
So will you have an Irish wake?
I refer the 'Gentleman' to my previous...

Originally Posted by GoldCircle
...and will undertake any groundwork required before the plug is pulled.
GoldCircle
bmi forum Mod team
Old Oct 11, 2013, 11:12 am

Originally Posted by Jenbel
No, I'm asking for information, since there was nothing on the board and nothing on here.

The fact that there is a plan, and I'm sure it's been discussed in full with the mods and the TB is reassuring though.

Is there a reason why it is being kept quiet?
The last post I can find about it in the private TB forum is mine on Jan 21, 13, 3:19 pm.

The information provided by Gold Circle is news to me. So I wouldn't be so sure...
Old Oct 11, 2013, 11:34 am

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
It's not being 'kept quiet'. There are no conspiracies or plots afoot.

Sometimes things take time to work through appropriately. I'm sure there will be an announcement at an appropriate time, from appropriate source(s) when everyone necessary is in the loop.

For now, it is business as usual in the bmi forum. By 'as usual', I intend it be understood that we are in wind-down mode and that traffic is diminishing, as might be expected.

GoldCircle
bmi forum Mod team
Sounds about right. From posts in this thread earlier in the year it was anticipated that towards year end, bmi (w/ all the appropriate farewell drinkies ) would probably wind down. Sounds like that's on track & when the final death knell rings, I'm sure the CommunityDirector, mods & TB will touch base.

Speaking only for myself I don't see a need for TB involvement at this point based on antichef & GoldCircle's recent posts. Sounds like bmi is in its final death thralls but not quite dead yet.

And again speaking only for myself & not other TB members, I don't think that when the funeral is held for bmi, that it really needs a formal TB motion/vote to move it to discontinued programs vs. the CommunityDirector just doing so after making an announcement in the forum & here. But that's just my take on it. Other TB members may feel differently.

Cheers.

Last edited by SkiAdcock; Oct 11, 2013 at 12:16 pm Reason: changed a couple words to clarify something...
Old Oct 11, 2013, 11:41 am

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Sounds about right. From posts in this thread earlier in the year it was anticipated that towards year end, bmi (w/ all the appropriate farewell drinkies ) would probably wind down. Sounds like that's on track & when the final death knell rings, I'm sure the CommunityDirector, mods & TB will touch base.

Speaking only for myself I don't see a need for TB involvement at this point based on antichef & GoldCircle's recent posts. Sounds like bmi is in its final death thralls but not quite dead yet.

And again speaking only for myself & not other TB members, I doubt when the funeral is held for bmi, that it really needs a TB motion/vote to move it to discontinued programs vs. the CommunityDirector just doing so after making an announcement in the forum & here. But that's just my take on it. Other TB members may feel differently.

Cheers.
Ultimately all we do is make recommendations. <shrugs>
Old Oct 11, 2013, 2:58 pm

Everyone serves at the CD's pleasure.
Old Oct 11, 2013, 5:12 pm

Programs: Seniors Bus Pass
I don't even think a vote will make any difference! As these last problems are aired and discussed or resolved it will just fade away as the last vestiges of the scheme die off.
Old Oct 11, 2013, 11:01 pm
Community Director Emerita

There is a detailed plan for the wind down and closure as decided upon by the CD - and the 3 forum mods have unanimously assented to her vision and will undertake any groundwork required before the plug is pulled.
We committed to a plan just a week ago. We'll wrap up the forum yearend and move it onward to the discontinued programs. It will be the end of a lovely program.
Old Oct 16, 2013, 8:34 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
As has been indicated by the Community Director, a plan for the BD forum is in place; there is no further need to flog a deceased equine. A decision has been made and announced about it, and as the thread has no further purpose it is now closed for discussion.

Thanks each and everyone for your input and concerns.

/Moderator

Last edited by JDiver; Oct 24, 2013 at 3:06 pm Reason: add closure

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.