Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > TalkBoard Topics
Reload this Page >

Proposal: Korea(s) Forum as a major travel destination.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Proposal: Korea(s) Forum as a major travel destination.

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2012, 11:32 am
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

I would support a consolidated N & S Korea forum.
Old Jul 30, 2012, 11:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by moondog
As mentioned earlier, NK gets 3-5 threads per year. IMO this isn't quite forum worthy.
I agree with this.
Old Jul 30, 2012, 11:55 am
Moderator: Flying Blue (Air France & KLM)

Programs: Flying Blue (AF/KL)
Provided that the information OP provided is correct, it would appear (s)he did his homework.
Old Jul 30, 2012, 11:57 am

Since I have a trip next summer planned for Seoul I can support a separate forum.
Old Jul 30, 2012, 12:18 pm

Programs: AA-UA-AS IHG-SPG-Carlson
I think it is a good idea.

Just because it was not done
5 years ago doesn't seem so important.
Many new forums not created when originally proposed
have since been created and do very well.
Old Jul 30, 2012, 12:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
I'm back to the land of the living, and will bring this up in the private TB forum.

Cheers.
Old Jul 30, 2012, 12:38 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Dovster
As do I -- the business traffic alone between the US and South Korea warrants it. The tourist traffic would be the icing on the cake.
(bolding mine), I personally don't think S Korea gets enough tourism consideration.

I support the forum.
Old Jul 30, 2012, 2:01 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Skyteam
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
I'm back to the land of the living, and will bring this up in the private TB forum.

Cheers.
Welcome back.
I made some updates based on the idea put forth by the community.
Using Spain / Portugal / Gibraltar Forum as an example...
Korea too can be shared by 2 countries.

Korea Forum
Korean Peninsula
Old Jul 30, 2012, 4:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Airline nobody. Sad!
Originally Posted by Sweet Willie
(bolding mine), I personally don't think S Korea gets enough tourism consideration.

I support the forum.
As someone who just went to Korea two months ago (enjoyed it, can't wait to go back, trip report at http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...-included.html) I completely agree with those who have posted already. I had to search all over FT for info on South Korea, it took me much longer than I expected. South Korea has a lot of tourist sites (there could easily be a combined thread on the palaces in Seoul). ICN is one of the highest rated airports in the world, and with two highly rated air carriers in KE and especially OZ to carry FTers there in style, it is more than deserving of its own forum.
Old Jul 30, 2012, 5:39 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
I as well support a Korea forum.
Old Jul 31, 2012, 12:51 am

Programs: BMI DC Gold, BA Gold, LH SEN, Priority Club Platinum, Nectar purple
Originally Posted by TheBOSman
As someone who just went to Korea two months ago (enjoyed it, can't wait to go back, trip report at http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-...-included.html) I completely agree with those who have posted already. I had to search all over FT for info on South Korea, it took me much longer than I expected. South Korea has a lot of tourist sites (there could easily be a combined thread on the palaces in Seoul). ICN is one of the highest rated airports in the world, and with two highly rated air carriers in KE and especially OZ to carry FTers there in style, it is more than deserving of its own forum.
I concur completely - as someone who's fortunate enough to visit South Korea 2 - 3 times a year on business, I'm always surprised that it rarely gets considered as a tourist destination. Admittedly it's not cheap, but then neither are Japan, Singapore, HK etc.

I often get asked for flight recommendations from friends and relatives who are going to Australia or New Zealand for holidays. I always tell them to fly Asiana (my favorite airline bar none) and stopover in Seoul. Several of them have taken this advice, and none have been disappointed.
Old Jul 31, 2012, 2:06 am

Programs: AA PLT, DL
You got my vote. My family's preferred airline to travel to Asian is KE.
Old Jul 31, 2012, 9:21 am

Programs: BA blue, LH Senator, KQ (FB) gold
Originally Posted by Sweet Willie

I support the forum.
I don't object to a Korea forum, but I don't think Flyertalk's influence is enough to create a groundswell of tourism to South Korea.
Old Jul 31, 2012, 10:44 am

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
Currently and logistically, Korea (as a destination) threads belong to Asia Forum on FT. W/r/t airlines discussion, we have airline fora for it. I am genuinely confused about a few folks' comments that they had to search "all over FT" for info about Korea, such as:

Originally Posted by TheBOSman
I had to search all over FT for info on South Korea,...
Originally Posted by Superguy
... it could benefit from having the information all in one place rather than trying to hunt all over FT for it.
Originally Posted by crabbing
... i have a trip to korea coming up next month and a separate forum would have saved me a lot of the burden of digging for information that is currently spread across the asia, china, and japan forums (not to mention the gems hidden in the korean air, asiana, and hotel chain threads).
If you did find Korea discussion threads somewhere other than Asia Forum, that mean they were misplaced and should have been moved to the proper destination forum. Did you RBP those misplaced threads so MODs could take care of them? I always RBP misplaced threads when I spot them.

For those who ever had to search all over FT for Korea info outside our Asia Forum, would you please enlighten me in which fora you located Korea discussion threads? Even better if you may provide some example threads.
Old Jul 31, 2012, 12:00 pm
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by You want to go where?
I don't object to a Korea forum, but I don't think Flyertalk's influence is enough to create a groundswell of tourism to South Korea.
butterfly wings

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.