Jumeirah Hotels and Sirius forum

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Jumeirah Hotels and Sirius forum

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2012, 9:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I think this is a great idea. They are now becoming a nice change from the usual Hilton, Marriott or IC.

The hotels are starting to have a good presence around the world. Great detinations in London, Rome, China and Mallorca.
Old Jul 1, 2012, 11:09 pm

Yes, I'd like to see it as well.
Old Jul 8, 2012, 3:32 pm

Programs: Persona Non-Status, DYKWIA Club President, Formerly of Pa Kettle Fame
It's a pretty major chain, I'm surprised that this hadn't been done earlier.
Old Jul 8, 2012, 4:04 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club
Glad to see a positive reaction, even if not the tidal wave of yes's talkboard may require.

I think this one is a bit of chicken and egg situation personally.

The more Jumeirah pages people create, the more traffic it will create and so on and so forth.

Build it and they will come!
Old Jul 9, 2012, 7:55 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by PanGalactic
Glad to see a positive reaction, even if not the tidal wave of yes's talkboard may require.

I think this one is a bit of chicken and egg situation personally.

The more Jumeirah pages people create, the more traffic it will create and so on and so forth.

Build it and they will come!
Can't speak for other TB members, but in my opinion, it would help your request if you answered the following:

The following are qualitative criteria that the TalkBoard believes are useful to consider when evaluating proposals to create, close, split, or move forums. Whenever a forum change is discussed on the TalkBoard Topics, the TalkBoard encourages posters to fully address these criteria in addition to any other reasons supporting or opposing the change.

1. Will the forum be (or is it now) beneficial to FlyerTalk?

2. Will the new forum benefit a relationship with FlyerTalk? E.g., does the forum provide value for FT members, such as a friendly ear highly placed in the company

3. Is FT the best place to discuss this subject?

4. Is there a passionate following? This is essential in order to provide dedicated expert helpers to get questions answered.

5. Is a critical mass of posts and readers anticipated or existing? We need adequate traffic to keep everyone visiting frequently. One living forum is more valuable than two mostly dead ones.

6. Is this the best place on FlyerTalk for this subject? This is the classification issue. The answer depends primarily on achieving and maintaining critical mass. It also depends on whether or where the discussion might (or does) occur in the absence of the forum.

7. For proposals to split a forum, is the split expected to improve the signal to noise ratio? Why?

Cheers.
Old Jul 13, 2012, 10:41 am

Programs: UA MM/1P, EK Au, QR, TK, Marriott Life Ti, Hilton Dia, IC Dia, Hyatt Glob, Accor Pt, Shangri-La
Shangri-La is a significantly larger chain than Jumeirah. I know that this is irrelevant to the OP's request -- I would certainly support a Jumeirah forum, as it's an outstanding, growing product with a viable loyalty program -- but if Jumeirah meets the criteria, then Shangri-La does, too; perhaps even more so, since has less of a home in the Luxury Hotels forum than does Jumeirah.
Old Sep 10, 2012, 7:48 am
gum

Programs: LH Blue, BA Blue, Hyatt Gold
The forum will be beneficial to FT!

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Can't speak for other TB members, but in my opinion, it would help your request if you answered the following:

[I]The following are qualitative criteria that the TalkBoard believes are useful to consider when evaluating proposals to create, close, split, or move forums. Whenever a forum change is discussed on the TalkBoard Topics, the TalkBoard encourages posters to fully address these criteria in addition to any other reasons supporting or opposing the change.

Yes it will be. Due to their global expansion Jumeirah doesn´t offer fine hotels only in UAE but also in UK, US and China!

American Express is impressed by their quality and services delivered and therefore they offer Jumeirah as a partner for the Membership rewards programme - where you can transfer MR points to the Sirius Card!

I think such a forum will provide valuable hints for other travellers. ^
Old Sep 10, 2012, 8:03 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club
Originally Posted by gum
Yes it will be. Due to their global expansion Jumeirah doesn´t offer fine hotels only in UAE but also in UK, US and China!

American Express is impressed by their quality and services delivered and therefore they offer Jumeirah as a partner for the Membership rewards programme - where you can transfer MR points to the Sirius Card!

I think such a forum will provide valuable hints for other travellers. ^
Thanks for your support, I would strongly encourage anyone who has posted favourably in this thread to add a line to their signature like mine with a link to this thread in order to increase awareness to other FT members
Old Sep 10, 2012, 8:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
I would be happy to see this - my view has always been that a forum is worth having even if there would be minimal traffic, as long as the reward programme is interesting, which it is. Not that Talkboard historically agrees with this view ....!
Old Sep 11, 2012, 12:27 am

Thanks for your support, I would strongly encourage anyone who has posted favourably in this thread to add a line to their signature like mine with a link to this thread in order to increase awareness to other FT members

The following are qualitative criteria that the TalkBoard believes are useful to consider when evaluating proposals to create, close, split, or move forums. Whenever a forum change is discussed on the TalkBoard Topics, the TalkBoard encourages posters to fully address these criteria in addition to any other reasons supporting or opposing the change.

2. Will the new forum benefit a relationship with FlyerTalk? E.g., does the forum provide value for FT members, such as a friendly ear highly placed in the company

4. Is there a passionate following? This is essential in order to provide dedicated expert helpers to get questions answered.

5. Is a critical mass of posts and readers anticipated or existing? We need adequate traffic to keep everyone visiting frequently. One living forum is more valuable than two mostly dead ones.

6. Is this the best place on FlyerTalk for this subject? This is the classification issue. The answer depends primarily on achieving and maintaining critical mass. It also depends on whether or where the discussion might (or does) occur in the absence of the forum.

7. For proposals to split a forum, is the split expected to improve the signal to noise ratio? Why?

Cheers.
Old Sep 11, 2012, 3:11 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Not sure if this is an automated message as you have posted it 3 times so far, but I will try to answer your questions point by point....

Absolutely yes. Please remember there are other countries in the world apart from the USA!

Not at the moment, but I have no doubt that if FlyerTalk engaged with them at a high level something could be arranged.

I can't think of anywhere better.

There are a few passionate followers, yes

As there is no forum at the moment there are not a huge amount of posts.

Can I ask what would be considered critical in terms of number of posts?

I can't think of anywhere that would be better!

This is not a proposal to split a forum so I will not answer this one.
Old Sep 11, 2012, 3:27 am

Not sure if this is an automated message as you have posted it 3 times so far, but I will try to answer your questions point by point....
Sorry it took 3 requests to get you to answer it point by point

Cheers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.