Wiki Posts
Search

re new forum proposals

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2012, 12:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

re new forum proposals

if there is not something along these lines already, maybe have a "suggestion" that people who want a new forum start a thread in the most related existing forum where they and others start compiling a list of threads that they think would fit that new forum
Old May 20, 2012, 5:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

also - forum creation can be about "creating" demand on FT, instead of meeting demand on FT (as 'demand' is currently defined) when there is demand on the internet and not really any good forums out there
Old Jun 27, 2012, 4:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

would there be a reason not to consider formalizing the thought i raised in my original post?

is my original post clear?
Old Jun 27, 2012, 6:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
would there be a reason not to consider formalizing the thought i raised in my original post?

is my original post clear?
It's already covered in the current TB guidelines re: forum creation as far as I'm concerned. Don't know that it needs to be further formalized, but I'm speaking only for myself as a TB member. Can't speak for the others.

Cheers.
Old Jun 27, 2012, 8:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

what im saying is this >

"a forum request thread in TB forum must link a thread which contains links to threads/posts which one considers appropriate for the requested forum"

(or contain the links itself, which i recall one thread here doing, seem to recall it was one that eventually got a forum..)

the idea here is making things a little more concrete, and a little less abstract ('explain in x sentences/paragraphs or less about the demand there is')

this is actually much easier for those posting (and surely they have at least some threads/posts in mind when theyre posting..) as well as TB when looking at it (instead of lengthy back and forth to begin with, with little/no data)

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Jun 28, 2012 at 7:52 am
Old Jun 29, 2012, 8:28 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
what im saying is this >

"a forum request thread in TB forum must link a thread which contains links to threads/posts which one considers appropriate for the requested forum"

(or contain the links itself, which i recall one thread here doing, seem to recall it was one that eventually got a forum..)

the idea here is making things a little more concrete, and a little less abstract ('explain in x sentences/paragraphs or less about the demand there is')

this is actually much easier for those posting (and surely they have at least some threads/posts in mind when theyre posting..) as well as TB when looking at it (instead of lengthy back and forth to begin with, with little/no data)
I understood what you're saying. What I said was that I consider it already covered in the current forum creation guidelines & it doesn't need to be further formalized. Some FTers already do that when they ask for a forum to be created. Not all do, or some might do it later in the forum request.

While it certainly adds to argument for/adds validity, it's not absolutely required. And at times we're asked to consider a forum/take a bit of a leap of faith & as such, the threads might not exist. That's happened w/ a few forums, some of which have become quite active.

Again, I speak only for myself as a TB member. Others may feel differently (although my guess is at least a couple won't, since they already consider the 7 questions to be a bit of jumping through hoops ).

But thank you for your suggestion and wanting to help the process.

Cheers.
Old Jun 29, 2012, 6:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
they already consider the 7 questions to be a bit of jumping through hoops
thats what i was wondering about
Old Jul 2, 2012, 12:11 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
For members who may not be completely oriented and wonder what is being addressed here, the post titled What is the TalkBoard and How are New Forums and Other Suggestions Considered? (link) will take one to the criteria TB has suggested for making a case for new fora.
Old Jul 5, 2012, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Again, I speak only for myself as a TB member. Others may feel differently (although my guess is at least a couple won't, since they already consider the 7 questions to be a bit of jumping through hoops ).
I share Sharon's viewpoint.
Old Jul 5, 2012, 2:06 pm
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by bhatnasx
I share Sharon's viewpoint.
As do I

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.