Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > TalkBoard Topics
Reload this Page >

New post-count titles for FlyerTalk? Nominate your favorites!

New post-count titles for FlyerTalk? Nominate your favorites!

Old Apr 17, 2014, 3:46 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
The entire board was reindexed at the time that counting guidelines changed for the Omnis. People's post counts changed and match current practices.

No. However, I did see the list of 13. 11 of the 13 currently post. Several of the legends are identified in this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/commu...ng-legend.html
Interesting.

8 of 13/14 in there.
Old Apr 17, 2014, 10:38 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Interesting.

8 of 13/14 in there.
Congrats on passing the BIG 70 (over 70,000 posts, that is).

Are you the first? I would think so but I don't know the list of 11 or 13.
Old Apr 17, 2014, 12:24 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Congrats on passing the BIG 70 (over 70,000 posts, that is).

Are you the first? I would think so but I don't know the list of 11 or 13.
I thought doc was the first Posting Legend in terms of the 40k count. I'm not sure of the members' post count accuracy -- so I have no clue about who is the first FTer to post 70k times. [I've probably posted more than my profile post count publicly indicates to the average FTer, but I'm not about to have staff manually count all my posts and check out my keystroke and browser logs to know how accurate/inaccurate even this sentence is.] My projection is that we have 16 to 20 40k+ posters by year end. I have no doubt that post count and posting titles are not going to make or break this place, just as I have no doubt that things which aren't broken don't need to get fixed -- that is why I am a supporter of the status quo when it comes to post counts and post count titles.

Last edited by GUWonder; Apr 17, 2014 at 12:29 pm
Old Apr 17, 2014, 12:52 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
From our tech guy, IBxAnders:

More than 10k posts = 300 users.
More than 40k posts = 13 users
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Is there a way to see these lists, the way we can see the list of current moderators? I'm a bit curious how many of theese folks are no longer active of FT.
I've added a wiki to http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/commu...ng-legend.html; so far I have 10 FTPLs & 2 members within striking distance.
Old Apr 17, 2014, 1:00 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by beltway
I've added a wiki to http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/commu...ng-legend.html; so far I have 10 FTPLs & 2 members within striking distance.
Thanks. I just noticed it and clicked to check post counts on a few people. IIRC there's someone (sbm12) at about 65,000 and a few others more or less at 50,000 but no one close to GUWonder's 70,000.
Old Apr 17, 2014, 1:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Noticed spiff is not listed as a Posting Legend either in the wiki or in his title, despite having 53,497 posts.
Old Apr 17, 2014, 1:53 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by javabytes
Noticed spiff is not listed as a Posting Legend either in the wiki or in his title, despite having 53,497 posts.
Probably because he moderates a non-existent forum.

(With this addition, we're at 12 FTPLs listed.)
Old Apr 17, 2014, 2:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Plat, Nat'l Exec Elite, Avis Presidents Club
Jenbel (46,494)
Old Apr 17, 2014, 2:13 pm
Suspended

Jenbel (46,494)
Was already on the list, I'm afraid. I've removed the duplicate.
Old Apr 17, 2014, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Was already on the list, I'm afraid. I've removed the duplicate.
How'd I miss that? I swear I looked that list up and down like 4 times and Jenbel wasn't on it.

szg used to be a FT posting legend but must have gotten hit by the OMNI changes. (Edit: Though I see that was discussed back on page 15?) I'm afraid I can't find any more...

Last edited by javabytes; Apr 17, 2014 at 2:29 pm
Old Apr 17, 2014, 2:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Plato90s (44,348)
Old Apr 17, 2014, 2:41 pm

So now we have all of them, thirteen Legends, right?

I hope someone additional crosses the threshold soon as 13 is considered an unlucky number by some. (No, I don't think we should have stopped at 8 or tried to get to 88 fast.)

Congrats to javabytes for finding the missing link fast. Maybe he should get a prize for FT research skills.
Old Apr 17, 2014, 3:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Old Apr 18, 2014, 9:14 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Matre-plongeur des Muccis
Mods have their moderated fora display instead of any posting title.
Old Apr 18, 2014, 10:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JDiver
Mods have their moderated fora display instead of any posting title.
tcook052 is "A FlyerTalk Posting Legend and Moderator: Air Canada Aeroplan, Mileage Run & Manufactured Spending"

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.