Reload this Page >

Suggestion: amend name of VS forum

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2012, 12:26 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel
Original Poster

A housekeeping suggestion:

Change the name of the Virgin flying club forum to Virgin Atlantic Flying Club

The purpose is to improve forum list legibility, i.e. the title is amended to reflect the correct name of the airline (Virgin Atlantic), its FFP (Flying Club) and also to avoid confusion between VS and VX/VA.
Old Feb 14, 2012, 10:15 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
A capital idea, though is TB approval actually required? I thought from the debate about renaming the NYC forum it was a purely administrative process not requiring TB approval.
Old Feb 15, 2012, 6:28 am

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by tcook052
A capital idea, though is TB approval actually required? I thought from the debate about renaming the NYC forum it was a purely administrative process not requiring TB approval.
I agree. This isn't something TB needs to waste their time on. Just send a PM to Carol...
Old Feb 15, 2012, 8:51 am
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by PVDtoDEL
I agree. This isn't something TB needs to waste their time on. Just send a PM to Carol...
I agree. Prospero, please send a note to the forum mods and me. If they are in agreement, I am in agreement and will make the change.
Old Feb 15, 2012, 4:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi,

I will consult with my fellow mod , Jenbel and will let you know in due course of our choice.

Regards

TBS
Old Feb 20, 2012, 7:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
I agree. Prospero, please send a note to the forum mods and me. If they are in agreement, I am in agreement and will make the change.
Makes sense to me ^
Old Feb 21, 2012, 3:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
I think this was incorporated into my proposal to clean up/systematize forum names last year, but it fell flat.

If Prospero's proposal ever did make its way in front of TalkBoard, I would vote yes. ^
Old Feb 21, 2012, 10:34 am
Moderator: Smoking Lounge; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lifetime (for now) Gold MM, HH Gold, Giving Tootsie Pops to UA employees, & a retired hockey goalie
Originally Posted by bhatnasx
Makes sense to me ^
And to me as well ^
Old Feb 22, 2012, 5:01 pm
Community Director Emerita

This turned out to be more ambiguous than I anticipated. We (Jenbel, The_Banking_Scot) and I did settle on the proposed name change but apparently the proper name is the one that was in use. Now, they use a mix of names on their pages. Brand management, anyone? The new name makes it clear which airline is being discussed in each of the 3 Virgin forums.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.