Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Our new Talkboard leaders for 2012

Search this Thread

Old Dec 12, 2011, 12:12 am
Moderator: Midwest, Las Vegas & Dining Buzz

Congrats to your re-election, Spiff!

And congrats to Sharon on your election. Have some champers to celebtate. Heck, go all out and have dinner at Olive Garden! How fab!

Cheers.
Old Dec 12, 2011, 1:40 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
+1 ! (on the election result and the olive garden idea )
Old Dec 12, 2011, 3:55 am
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton*D, Marriott*LG, Hyatt*G
Congrats to the both of you!!
Old Dec 12, 2011, 6:27 am
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
Originally Posted by Markie
It seems a TB member didn't even vote for himself for President. I suppose the thread did say he would stand, rather than vote for himself for President.

Congrats to the elected/acclaimed postholders.
I said I intended to run and wanted to tell you why.

Perhaps over-sharing here, but if I am going to advocate for transparency, I figure I should lead by example:

It was made apparent to me that some of my ideas and bluntness made me too radical a candidate to garner enough support to win the election.

At that point I decided that it is more important to me that a non-moderator be elected President of the TB for the first time in a long time (ever?) than *I* be elected as President of the TB. Nothing against spiff or mods in general, just thought that it would be nice for once to have a TB President who shares the perspective of regular posters rather than the perspective of poster/moderators (see http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/talkb...ator-duty.html for details on my philosophy on this matter).

So I threw my support to Rich in an effort to at least get to a non-mod to a run-off. Alas.

In any case, I can and intend to do just as much from the back bench to rabble-rouse for real change and authority for the TB in an effort to improve the FlyerTalk experience. My agenda remains unchanged.

So congrats to Spiffy and Sharon. May we live in interesting times! ^
Old Dec 12, 2011, 5:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Congrats Sharon!
Old Dec 12, 2011, 5:42 pm
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Thank you, everyone!

I am sure this will be another great TalkBoard session. We have 9 excellent, engaged volunteer FlyerTalkers serving the community.
Old Dec 12, 2011, 5:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
In the words of Kent Brockman "I, for one, welcome our new Talkboard overlords."

Congrats Spiff and Sharon.
Old Dec 13, 2011, 10:02 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Thanks to everyone for their best wishes & congrats.

I think we've got a really good TB team this year & look forward to serving with them all.

Cheers.
Old Dec 13, 2011, 10:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM & 2MM, SPG/Bonvoid LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, $tarbucks Titanium
I'll be different and offer my congratulations to Koko and RichMSN for trying to add some non-moderator fresh blood to the Talk Board.

My best wishes to the entire board for a great session and I urge them to think different and think of anything that helps members as something in their purview (until Carol says no). ^
Old Dec 16, 2011, 12:33 am

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
kokonutz or RichMSN would have been a much better choice than Spiff. Spiff's main role has been to block progress.

Congratulations to SkiAdcock.
Old Dec 17, 2011, 5:21 pm

Originally Posted by attorney28
kokonutz or RichMSN would have been a much better choice than Spiff. Spiff's main role has been to block progress.
If by "progress", you mean going against the wishes of the Community Director and facilitating your ability to publicly whine about moderation, then I suppose you're correct. @:-)
Old Dec 17, 2011, 9:09 pm

Programs: US,HH
Hello, China.
Old Dec 17, 2011, 9:16 pm

Originally Posted by kellio33
Hello, China.
Not quite.

Hello, private property.
Old Dec 17, 2011, 9:34 pm

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
Originally Posted by Spiff
If by "progress", you mean going against the wishes of the Community Director and facilitating your ability to publicly whine about moderation, then I suppose you're correct. @:-)
Looks like good old Spiff is a bit defensive.

I certainly haven't talked about moderation in years, neither do I care, and certainly not since the Community Director became Community Director, so rather than making up stuff, try to actually contribute something rather than blocking everything.

Sadly, people will probably re-elect on name recognition alone. Not that it really matters.
Old Dec 17, 2011, 9:39 pm

Programs: US,HH
Originally Posted by Spiff
Not quite.

Hello, private property.
I would then respectfully request that FT come out of the "benevolant dictatorship" that this board has continued in since it's inception. The world has changed, the competion has changed but why hasn't FT?
The recent data contained herein can be found on the myriad blogs and competing boards. And it's not hard to subscribe to the relevant sites.

The core of FT info now is it's depth of history. But do I really need to know what the meal service on UA was like in 2002 or 1999? It's interesting reading but the overwhelming bulk makes it difficult to find what I really want to know.

Without innovation, FT is and will continue to become the Wikipedia of travel info. Meaning a historical record.

Really folks, FT was and could continue to be the gold standard for travel. I really think IBB should wake up. The competion is real.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.