Search

Please Accept My Sincere Apology!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2011, 3:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA*Lifetime GS, Hyatt* Lifetime Globalist
Post Please Accept My Sincere Apology!

Now that the election is out and congratulations to all the elected board members, I would like to apologize to the FTer community (especially those who voted for me in the last election0 for my lack of participation as a Talkboard Member.

When I entered into the last election, I had the best intension in mind to serve and participate in meaningful discussions with fellow board members.

Although I was not elected, I was the first alternate to replace Gleff when he left the board earlier this year. Soon after I got on the board, a few things happened in my personal and professional life, and I had deal with several setbacks and adverse events in the process. I was not in the right frame of mind and did not have the time to actively participate on the board discussions.

I did reach out the Board president and Administrator about resigning. I was encouraged to stay on and fulfill my obligation by reading the discussions on the Talkboard Forum and vote with independently after considering the views expressed from the members.

I am relieved that my term will now end soon as I slowly recover from several setbacks. Flyertalk continues to provide an escape for me in this difficult period. Doing Trip Reports have helped me to forget many issues and problems I have to face. I thank many encouragements expressed in the TR forum.

Please accept my apology for lack of participation and unable to carry out my board member duties.

I am a loyal FT follower, and will look forward to future exchanges with fellow members in United, Trip Report, *A, and other forums I frequently visit.

Thanks you!
Old Dec 1, 2011, 7:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks, UA Flyer - I appreciate that, even though you had a lot of things going on, that you decided to stick it out as it would have been difficult for your alternate to be on the board for such a short amount of time.

Hopefully things in the personal & professional life will improve. Thanks!

^^
Old Dec 2, 2011, 7:04 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by bhatnasx
Thanks, UA Flyer - I appreciate that, even though you had a lot of things going on, that you decided to stick it out as it would have been difficult for your alternate to be on the board for such a short amount of time.

^^
What he said.

Cheers.
Old Dec 4, 2011, 10:42 pm
Suspended

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Fairmont Platinum, Aeroplan Diamond, HHonors Gold, SPG Gold
Sorry to hear about the hardship in your personal life..

I certainly admire your perseverance.. your character shows.^
Old Dec 5, 2011, 12:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
I'm glad that you back on FT again. We surely miss you very much.

And Welcome back, UA_Flyer!
Old Dec 5, 2011, 7:10 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Tamsin - what else is there to say?
UA_Flyer, I disagree with the way you decided to handle this, but I'm sure you did it with the best intentions, and I appreciate and admire that you've made this apology.

Good luck in the future, and I hope your personal circumstances improve!
Old Dec 5, 2011, 11:22 am
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
Originally Posted by Jenbel
UA_Flyer, I disagree with the way you decided to handle this, but I'm sure you did it with the best intentions, and I appreciate and admire that you've made this apology.

Good luck in the future, and I hope your personal circumstances improve!
+1
Old Dec 8, 2011, 6:23 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL: 3.8 MM, Marriott: Lifetime Titanium
Little late seeing this thread but I too appreciate UA_Flyer's sincere post.

Life many times gets in the way of FT and it's been that way for many of us from time to time. The priority, IMO, is to family, friends and your own well being. FT fits in somewhere well down the list after those.
Old Dec 9, 2011, 2:47 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by Cholula
Little late seeing this thread but I too appreciate UA_Flyer's sincere post.

Life many times gets in the way of FT and it's been that way for many of us from time to time. The priority, IMO, is to family, friends and your own well being. FT fits in somewhere well down the list after those.
Cholula, thanks for saying that better than I could have. UA Flyer, that was brave of you to post.
Old Dec 11, 2011, 2:42 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ExPlat,EX-UA 1K, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat,
Originally Posted by bhatnasx

^^
+1
Welcome back ^
Old Dec 18, 2011, 9:23 am

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
UA_Flyer, thanks for your post. I can totally relate to what you posted, as I found myself in a similar position some years ago. Real life comes first.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.