Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > TalkBoard Topics
Reload this Page >

Motion Passed: Forum for Etihad

Motion Passed: Forum for Etihad

Old Nov 7, 2011, 4:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by T8191
I'm unlikely to fly with Etihad as they don't go where I want! However, they are a frequent topic of conversation on the BA Forum by those who could/do use them as a carrier option.

YES ... they deserve their own forum.
I agree with you this. I think it's doubtful to creation new EY forum. It will great addition to see new EY forum.
Old Nov 8, 2011, 12:45 am

Programs: Too many
Have Etihad flights coming up and a very important airline for those of us who belong to Velocity (as its main partner) and for routes in the Asia Pacific region as well as Middle East and Europe.

I hope it gets the go ahead as the program is making a lot of new changes in the upcoming months and has a lot of future discussion/plans happening
Old Nov 8, 2011, 7:09 am
Suspended

Programs: Aeroplan *E, Marriott Elite Silver
Have flown ET twice and wanted to leave a review, but didn't find a dedicated forum so didn't bother to. I think people would benefit from a dedicated forum for Etihad.
Old Nov 8, 2011, 3:25 pm

Programs: BA Exec Silver, Aeroplan, Hilton Honors Gold
I vote yes to the Etihad forum.
Old Nov 8, 2011, 4:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT,AS,UA PP,J6,FB,EY,LH,SQ,HH Dmd,Hyatt Glbl,Marriott Plat,IHG Plat,Accor Gold
Add me to the ranks favoring an EY forum. Many good reasons have already been stated, but to list a few I found most salient:

1. The recent tie-up with AA for mileage accruals and redemptions.
2. A dedicated forum is likely to attract more reviews of EY flights and generated more useful discussions of many aspects of flying the airline.
3. It seems to be a growing, high quality airline.
4. Its F looks particularly great!
5. EY's attractive miles plus cash option.
6. The proximity to DXB (though I realize its base is AUH) means that some folks going to that city as a destination or connecting through it might want more info about EY options and operations.
Old Nov 8, 2011, 8:59 pm

Location: شمال أمريكا والعالم العربي - N America + Arab World
Programs: *A, SkyTeam
Giving EY their own forum would be nice. ^
Old Nov 8, 2011, 11:34 pm

Programs: EY-Gold LH-SEN AA-Gold HHonors-Gold National-ES
I also say yes as I do most of my flying with EY now
Old Nov 9, 2011, 12:52 am

Programs: QF Gold, WY Gold
I also am a strong advocate for the new EY forum. Middle East based EY FF, and am seeing a definate need for it's own space.
Old Nov 9, 2011, 1:43 am

Programs: UA 1K >2MM, IC Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by nsx
Moved by bhatnasx and seconded by jackal:

Talkboard recommends the creation of an Etihad Airways Etihad Guest forum.

This vote will close on Nov 20, 11 at 8:23 PM Pacific Time or after all TalkBoard members have registered their vote, whichever comes first.

Per the TalkBoard Guidelines:

A motion shall pass if the ratio of 'yes' votes of TalkBoard members to 'no' votes is at least 2 to 1 and the 'yes' vote count is a majority of the entire TalkBoard. (Since the TalkBoard has 9 members, this means 6 'yes' votes in most cases, 5 'yes' votes if 2 or more members fail to vote 'yes' or 'no'.)

The purpose of posting voting topics in the public TalkBoard Topics forum is to solicit member feedback on any motions that are up for a vote and to allow for comments after a vote is made. It is at the sole discretion of the individual TalkBoard members whether they choose to post in the public discussion thread, there being no requirement to do so.

Members should feel free to discuss the pros and cons in this thread or in the other thread containing pre-vote discussion.
NO.

One combined board of Middle East airlines is sufficient.
Old Nov 9, 2011, 12:05 pm

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Yes. I agree with the motion. EY is becoming a major player in the aviation industry and nobody can ignore its role.
Old Nov 9, 2011, 6:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
Yes. I agree with the motion. EY is becoming a major player in the aviation industry and nobody can ignore its role.
I think you guys sll agree to creation new EY forum. It will great addition to see new EY forum. I think they can agree from Talkboard member.
Old Nov 9, 2011, 7:10 pm

Programs: Skywards-Gold, SPG-Platinum
I think its a very good idea.
Old Nov 9, 2011, 10:57 pm

Programs: Hyatt PL, PC Spire/RA, HH GOLD, SPG Green, Marriott Silver, Skywards B, CSA Gold, Lufthansa Paper,UA
YES

(even I'm not a TB member )
Old Nov 9, 2011, 11:44 pm

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by olegator
YES

(even I'm not a TB member )
then run for TB...

I guess it's a bit late for that though :/
Old Nov 10, 2011, 2:54 am

Originally Posted by jimmc66
NO.

One combined board of Middle East airlines is sufficient.
I don't mean to be rude and everyone has a right to their own opinion, your response kind of confuses me. Everyone else that has posted on this forum has given some kind of constructive opinion, maybe you could elaborate on your reasoning so we all can understand it?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.