Reload this Page >

Proposal/request for comment: codifying policy for handle changes

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Proposal/request for comment: codifying policy for handle changes

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2011, 9:59 am

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
I tried to get my name changed several times, never happened. Would love to get rid of this name.
Old Nov 2, 2011, 6:25 pm
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
since not everyone has signatures turned on, I would prefer to see it under the handle as well....for 90 days and a certain number of posts. I would have no problem putting the impetus on the poster to request the removal after the required period.
Old Nov 3, 2011, 6:54 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Originally Posted by missydarlin
since not everyone has signatures turned on, I would prefer to see it under the handle as well....for 90 days and a certain number of posts. I would have no problem putting the impetus on the poster to request the removal after the required period.
That seems very fair.
Old Nov 3, 2011, 12:43 pm
formerly known as 2lovelife

Location: ORF : UA_Premier_Gold4Life, Bonvoy_titanium, Accor_Plat
Originally Posted by missydarlin
Idea and reasons make sense and well presented. ^

I would expect that if the purpose of the notification of the name change is for the benefit of members, that a longer period of time be considered. Even 3 months seems short to me. It would also seem to me that having this notice running a minimum time, with the action of removing it to be the members' responsibility (in terms of an email for the notice to be removed) may be an easier approach to administrate.
Old Jan 17, 2012, 4:29 pm

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, AC *S, Marriott Gold Elite, Hyatt Explorist
Are the unofficial rules still as presented in the OP? I am considering submitting a request because of privacy issues (due to the fact that my name is in my handle.)

Thanks!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.