Motion Passed: "Amend TalkBoard Guidelines: Requirements for Motions to Pass"

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Motion Passed: "Amend TalkBoard Guidelines: Requirements for Motions to Pass"

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2011, 11:31 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Tamsin - what else is there to say?
Good news... and sometimes a rubber stamp vote from a non-participating member works
Old Aug 11, 2011, 5:17 am
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
Glad to see the majority of Talkboard decided to return the voting rules to what they were before the major rewrite.

Thanks!
Old Aug 11, 2011, 8:32 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Originally Posted by wharvey
Glad to see the majority of Talkboard decided to return the voting rules to what they were before the major rewrite.

Thanks!
I voted against the proposal as it was not radical enough for me, not because I believed that the old version was correct. I am in favour of removing the 'Abstain' option fully.
Old Aug 13, 2011, 9:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by Markie
I voted against the proposal as it was not radical enough for me, not because I believed that the old version was correct. I am in favour of removing the 'Abstain' option fully.
Agree with the sentiments, though had it been me I would've voted for this motion as it was the next best thing and did right a past wrong.
Old Feb 8, 2012, 7:15 am
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Original Poster
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by nsx
I believe the new rule will be stable and that we will see very few Abstains from now on.
Originally Posted by Markie
There have been 11 TalkBoard votes completed since this change. Total number of Abstains: zero. So we did essentially accomplish what Markie wanted.

FWIW, after facing some tough issues on recent votes I now believe that Abstain was a crutch that TalkBoard members could use when an issue was complex or otherwise difficult to decide on. The lack of a soft No has provided enough incentive for TalkBoard members to do their homework and take a firm position one way or the other. At least it worked that way on me!

I am very happy with the results of this change.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.