Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > TalkBoard Topics
Reload this Page >

Suggestion for locally oriented flyertalk forums

Old May 28, 2011, 3:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage Gold 1MM, United Gold

Particularly for those of us in smaller markets, tips or tricks specific to our market get lost in the airline-oriented forum structure. For example, in Fresno Skywest often shows "on time" for a flight they know will be hours delayed. In larger markets, updates on facilities (parking or even restaurant info) might be useful.

Does it make sense for FT to support locally oriented forums (while keeping broader mikes related issues in the appropriate airline forum)? I suppose a downside is that lots of new moderators would be needed. I'd be willing to moderate Fresno....
Old May 28, 2011, 5:32 am
Ambassador, New England

Programs: Amtrak, WN RR, Choice
We have forums dedicated to specific areas, including one for Non-LA and Non-SanFran California. Click Here. Unfortunately I doubt there's enough Fresno traffic to generate its own forum or subforum, but at least you have a place for information like what you mentioned.

If you're looking for it in the future, on the FT Forums home page, click on "
Travel&Dining: Destination >> United States" and it will take you to where the California forum is (as well as the others, obviously).
Old May 28, 2011, 9:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage Gold 1MM, United Gold
Thank you for pointing that out. I'm at a loss as to how I've been on flyertalk for years and somehow missed that

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.