Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Community > TalkBoard Topics
Sign in using an external account

Old Mar 31, 11, 3:28 am   #1

Programs: Gold, plat, diamond and more
Suggestion: Make CC stickies available for all

Even though access to the CC market is a limited benefit, info on the market shouldnt be.

This means the stickies (all or some) should be visible also elsewhere (I leave it up to you politicians to find the best place, like milesbuzz or whereever).

Theres a lot of info on valuations of miles/points, questions kept being asked forumwide. Info on bad traders (relevant as trades are also done by PM), info on trade rules and manners etc.

Side question(s): Whats the purpose of the suggestions forum? Should this have been posted there? Does anyone take responsibilty to bring up suggestions from there to TB level?
travelkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 11, 5:44 am   #2
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: Tamsin - what else is there to say?
I didn't know CC was considered a 'market'.

Trades should not be happening by PM. Why should people be interested in 'valuations on miles and points' outside the CC swaps?

It seems you are implying that there is a lot of behind the scenes activity which is contrary to the spirit and rules of FT, and that to facilitate that, you want more access to CC for all.

I would suggest that that should be the exact opposite of what should happen. We should not be making this illicit trading easier.
Jenbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 11, 6:06 am   #3

Programs: Gold, plat, diamond and more
Market or not, items (miles, points, certs etc) are traded there (which probably is the defintion of market).

If you with behind the scenes mean everything not on CC then yes. Probably 99,9999% of trading of miles and points are not done on CC.

Lots of people do trades with friends and colleagues in real life, not via web. Learning about values is a key to understand the programs.

Also I would say that a poster banned from CC due to not honoring trades should be outed to general members as s/he could take advantage of pre-90 posters, either by trading or by any other agreements.
travelkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 11, 6:20 am   #4
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products

Programs: Marriott Silver, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite
I do not see us being more public than we currently are with Coupon Connection information.

If people are trading outside that forum, then they need to take responsibility for understanding their trading partner and appropriate valuation. There are many threads on valuations in the airline/hotel/car forums... no need for that to change.

We do our best to protect members within the CC forum... but we cannot protect everyone.
wharvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 11, 8:44 am   #5
Moderator Travel News, Hawaii, the Hawaii-based Airlines, West & DiningBuzz

Programs: UA Platinum, HHonors Diamond, TK Gold, AS MVP Gold
Quote:
Originally Posted by travelkid View Post
Does anyone take responsibilty to bring up suggestions from there to TB level?
Yes. The Suggestions forum is monitored by the Senior Moderators. If a new forum suggestion is made there, the thread will be moved to here (as one was earlier this week).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenbel View Post
I didn't know CC was considered a 'market'.

Trades should not be happening by PM. Why should people be interested in 'valuations on miles and points' outside the CC swaps?

It seems you are implying that there is a lot of behind the scenes activity which is contrary to the spirit and rules of FT, and that to facilitate that, you want more access to CC for all.

I would suggest that that should be the exact opposite of what should happen. We should not be making this illicit trading easier.
What she said

Quote:
Originally Posted by wharvey View Post
I do not see us being more public than we currently are with Coupon Connection information.

There is a long thread on Coupon Connection in the Technical Issues forum - although it would appear that many folks who read it don't actually learn from it.
cblaisd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 11, 9:58 am   #6
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: AA, QF, DL, SPG, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Both of your suggestions are outside the purview of the TalkBoard - I suggest you talk to the Coupon Connection moderators via PM about your stickies suggestion and take your other concern to the Community Director.
Spiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 31, 11, 12:26 pm   #7
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Either at the shooting range or anywhere good beer can be found...
Programs: HH Diamond, Priority Club Platinum
Quote:
Originally Posted by cblaisd View Post
There is a long thread on Coupon Connection in the Technical Issues forum - although it would appear that many folks who read it don't actually learn from it.
Hey, I've read it, and even referenced it in this thread!