FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   TalkBoard Topics (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/talkboard-topics-382/)
-   -   Suggestion: Make CC stickies available for all (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/talkboard-topics/1200385-suggestion-make-cc-stickies-available-all.html)

travelkid Mar 31, 2011 3:28 am

Suggestion: Make CC stickies available for all

Even though access to the CC market is a limited benefit, info on the market shouldnt be.

This means the stickies (all or some) should be visible also elsewhere (I leave it up to you politicians to find the best place, like milesbuzz or whereever).

Theres a lot of info on valuations of miles/points, questions kept being asked forumwide. Info on bad traders (relevant as trades are also done by PM), info on trade rules and manners etc.

Side question(s): Whats the purpose of the suggestions forum? Should this have been posted there? Does anyone take responsibilty to bring up suggestions from there to TB level?

Jenbel Mar 31, 2011 5:44 am

I didn't know CC was considered a 'market'.

Trades should not be happening by PM. Why should people be interested in 'valuations on miles and points' outside the CC swaps?

It seems you are implying that there is a lot of behind the scenes activity which is contrary to the spirit and rules of FT, and that to facilitate that, you want more access to CC for all.

I would suggest that that should be the exact opposite of what should happen. We should not be making this illicit trading easier.

travelkid Mar 31, 2011 6:06 am

Market or not, items (miles, points, certs etc) are traded there (which probably is the defintion of market).

If you with behind the scenes mean everything not on CC then yes. Probably 99,9999% of trading of miles and points are not done on CC.

Lots of people do trades with friends and colleagues in real life, not via web. Learning about values is a key to understand the programs.

Also I would say that a poster banned from CC due to not honoring trades should be outed to general members as s/he could take advantage of pre-90 posters, either by trading or by any other agreements.

wharvey Mar 31, 2011 6:20 am

I do not see us being more public than we currently are with Coupon Connection information.

If people are trading outside that forum, then they need to take responsibility for understanding their trading partner and appropriate valuation. There are many threads on valuations in the airline/hotel/car forums... no need for that to change.

We do our best to protect members within the CC forum... but we cannot protect everyone.

cblaisd Mar 31, 2011 8:44 am

Originally Posted by travelkid (Post 16133280)
Does anyone take responsibilty to bring up suggestions from there to TB level?

Yes. The Suggestions forum is monitored by the Senior Moderators. If a new forum suggestion is made there, the thread will be moved to here (as one was earlier this week).

Originally Posted by Jenbel (Post 16133597)
I didn't know CC was considered a 'market'.

Trades should not be happening by PM. Why should people be interested in 'valuations on miles and points' outside the CC swaps?

It seems you are implying that there is a lot of behind the scenes activity which is contrary to the spirit and rules of FT, and that to facilitate that, you want more access to CC for all.

I would suggest that that should be the exact opposite of what should happen. We should not be making this illicit trading easier.

What she said

Originally Posted by wharvey (Post 16133708)
I do not see us being more public than we currently are with Coupon Connection information.

^^

There is a long thread on Coupon Connection in the Technical Issues forum - although it would appear that many folks who read it don't actually learn from it. ;)

Spiff Mar 31, 2011 9:58 am

Both of your suggestions are outside the purview of the TalkBoard - I suggest you talk to the Coupon Connection moderators via PM about your stickies suggestion and take your other concern to the Community Director.

kipper Mar 31, 2011 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by cblaisd (Post 16134487)
There is a long thread on Coupon Connection in the Technical Issues forum - although it would appear that many folks who read it don't actually learn from it. ;)

Hey, I've read it, and even referenced it in this thread! :)