Reload this Page >

Proposal - Add Malaysia Airlines board

Old Feb 5, 2013, 2:29 pm
Moderator, OneWorld
Original Poster

Programs: RAA RIP; AA ExEXP

MH is now a full member of Oneworld; posts regarding the airline and its FF program (Enrich) are coming with increasing frequency to the OW board. I might suggest it's time for Malaysia to have its own airline board, rather than being grouped in the "Other Asian, Australian and South Pacific Frequent Flyer Programs."
Old Feb 6, 2013, 2:40 am
Suspended

Programs: Gold, plat, diamond and more
I agree as OW is entering the *A stronghold of SEA.
Old Feb 7, 2013, 2:01 am

Programs: AA, AS, CI, DL, UA
If that's the sole reason for a sub forum then I can name so many airlines who did not receive a forum but is in an alliance.

They probably got larger operations and/or a nicer FFP than MH too!
Old Feb 7, 2013, 9:08 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
It helps TB members when considering new forums if questions below are answered.

The following are qualitative criteria that the TalkBoard believes are useful to consider when evaluating proposals to create, close, split, or move forums. Whenever a forum change is discussed on the TalkBoard Topics, the TalkBoard encourages posters to fully address these criteria in addition to any other reasons supporting or opposing the change.

1. Will the forum be (or is it now) beneficial to FlyerTalk?

2. Will the new forum benefit a relationship with FlyerTalk? E.g., does the forum provide value for FT members, such as a friendly ear highly placed in the company

3. Is FT the best place to discuss this subject?

4. Is there a passionate following? This is essential in order to provide dedicated expert helpers to get questions answered.

5. Is a critical mass of posts and readers anticipated or existing? We need adequate traffic to keep everyone visiting frequently. One living forum is more valuable than two mostly dead ones.

6. Is this the best place on FlyerTalk for this subject? This is the classification issue. The answer depends primarily on achieving and maintaining critical mass. It also depends on whether or where the discussion might (or does) occur in the absence of the forum.

7. For proposals to split a forum, is the split expected to improve the signal to noise ratio? Why?

Cheers.
Old Feb 7, 2013, 11:51 am
Suspended

Lets not fool ourselves, or push anyone to do lots of legwork with that outdated "form".

Clearly its more important who is proposing and TB members changing gut feelings.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/talkb...gus-forum.html

No one replied to that form in any structured way (there was one very good advocate, not using that outdated form), and the rather short discussion quickly turned into a successful proposal thread.

Others have invested plenty of time, on a proposal with far more traffic potential, to be shot down by unknown agendas;
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/talkb...nes-forum.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/talkb...ina-forum.html
Old Feb 7, 2013, 12:05 pm

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
The 'form' is one way to determine if a new forum or sub-forum would be viable, although it's not the only way. You used it successfully with some other forums that you proposed be created & which did win approval. I realize you're disappointed that your proposal re: China didn't get approved, but to say that the form is not valid & doesn't provide information that's helpful to TB members is erroneous.

Cheers.
Old Feb 7, 2013, 12:58 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
The 'form' is one way to determine if a new forum or sub-forum would be viable, although it's not the only way. You used it successfully with some other forums that you proposed be created & which did win approval. I realize you're disappointed that your proposal re: China didn't get approved, but to say that the form is not valid & doesn't provide information that's helpful to TB members is erroneous.

Cheers.
You are of course right, but I think my point is valid, at least posted as a fair warning. My personal opinion is that the template or form does add value- if it had been used. If there are other specifications, requirements etc the form should be updated to reflect the current climate.
Old Feb 8, 2013, 3:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
We do want a forum relating to subjects about the airline's frequent flyer programme. How many people participating in say, MH's forum will have Enrich memberships as opposed to Oneworld members coming online asking about seating, meals and perks. We want a forum serving the needs of its own FF members first. Is there a way for FT to determine how many FT members are based in Malaysia who are active members of FT?
Old Feb 8, 2013, 4:41 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
We do want a forum relating to subjects about the airline's frequent flyer programme. How many people participating in say, MH's forum will have Enrich memberships as opposed to Oneworld members coming online asking about seating, meals and perks. We want a forum serving the needs of its own FF members first. Is there a way for FT to determine how many FT members are based in Malaysia who are active members of FT?
I would think OW members asking about meals, seats etc will produce content of interest to proper Enrich members as well.

Question purely related to OW may be put in a OW/MH lounge thread?
Old Feb 14, 2013, 8:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock

Cheers.
^^

Originally Posted by travelkid
You are of course right, but I think my point is valid, at least posted as a fair warning. My personal opinion is that the template or form does add value- if it had been used. If there are other specifications, requirements etc the form should be updated to reflect the current climate.
A bit OT for this thread, but what is the current climate and how should the form reflect that?
Old Mar 14, 2013, 7:36 pm

Programs: QFF Gold, Flying Blue, Enrich
Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
Why based in Malaysia? I'm an Enrich member who is not based in Malaysia, and would very much like to see the forum created (don't normally look into Talkboard topics, sorry for responding to this oldish thread).
Old Mar 15, 2013, 7:26 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Somehow there apparently never was major sentiment for a separate forum when Malaysia was part of SkyTeam. How does their moving to a different alliance change this and suddenly create interest in their FF program? Please convince me.
Old Mar 16, 2013, 10:45 am

Programs: HH Silver
Agree MH changing airline alliances isn't enough of a reason for me to grant the airline it's own forum. Has there been a sudden spike in MH related threads in the "Other Asian, Australian and South Pacific Frequent Flyer Programs" ?
Old Mar 16, 2013, 12:42 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by tcook052
Agree MH changing airline alliances isn't enough of a reason for me to grant the airline it's own forum. Has there been a sudden spike in MH related threads in the "Other Asian, Australian and South Pacific Frequent Flyer Programs" ?
Actually yes. 18 threads active in last 2 weeks.
Old Mar 16, 2013, 3:01 pm

Programs: QFF Gold, Flying Blue, Enrich
My own interest is not connected to MH joining Oneworld, I've been an Enrich member for several years.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.