Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > TalkBoard Topics
Reload this Page >

Proposal: Allow Talkboard members to moderate the Talkboard Topics forum

Proposal: Allow Talkboard members to moderate the Talkboard Topics forum

Old Feb 24, 2011, 9:28 am

Originally Posted by nsx
I am working on a proposal to state the procedures for filling vacancies unambiguously in the guidelines. If you had not raised the issue, I might not have bothered. You may soon be able to claim credit for a change that makes your objection moot. @:-)
^^^

I knew I was happy for a reason when you were appointed to complete my unfinished term! Good job and thanks!
Old Feb 24, 2011, 9:31 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by B747-437B
In typical autocratic fashion, he has not bothered to address the issue himself but instead relies on a network of sycophantic flunkies to take cheap shots at those who dare raise their voices and simply pretend we don't exist.
And some might say that's a cheap shot

Since I've never been a flunkie to anyone & pretty much everyone knows I speak my mind (even if they don't like what I have to say), I know you're not referring to me.

Cheers.
Old Feb 24, 2011, 10:03 am
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in PALMYRA, PA, USA
Originally Posted by Spiff
Sorry, we're members first and foremost.
I always felt that was a load of crap. And apparently the man who originated the phrase has changed his thinking as well, given his vastly different approach to moderation he is taking on MilePoint.
Old Feb 24, 2011, 11:38 am

Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
Since I've never been a flunkie to anyone & pretty much everyone knows I speak my mind (even if they don't like what I have to say), I know you're not referring to me.
Indeed I'm not. The cheap shots on the thread in question were swiftly removed by the wonderful Moderator2 as they constituted personal attacks!
Old Feb 25, 2011, 7:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kokonutz
I always felt that was a load of crap. And apparently the man who originated the phrase has changed his thinking as well, given his vastly different approach to moderation he is taking on MilePoint.
Amen to that. As a moderator, I've always felt way more important than you.

In fact, I could ban you right now, and with the procedures we have in place, it would probably take a couple of months for you to get reinstated.

Sadly, this is also the ONLY power I have in my life.
Old Feb 25, 2011, 7:45 pm
In Memoriam

Originally Posted by Q Shoe Guy
I know a story about being an ASSMOD ....ask some day and I will tell you about 9 months of torture. But the Moderator forum was interesting (I think that was before Jenbel was on there though) !
this is some day.
Old Mar 1, 2011, 2:44 pm
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in PALMYRA, PA, USA
Originally Posted by ScottC
Amen to that. As a moderator, I've always felt way more important than you.

In fact, I could ban you right now, and with the procedures we have in place, it would probably take a couple of months for you to get reinstated.

Sadly, this is also the ONLY power I have in my life.
ROFLMAO. Thank you for painting the picture. Oh, Shreky! I do adore you so!
Old Mar 2, 2011, 2:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by 1000k00
this is some day.
Really? How has something that I (as a member and former moderator here) experienced made it "some day" for you ?
Old Mar 2, 2011, 4:56 pm
In Memoriam

Originally Posted by Q Shoe Guy
I know a story about being an ASSMOD ....ask some day and I will tell you about 9 months of torture. But the Moderator forum was interesting (I think that was before Jenbel was on there though) !
For me this is some day, I have asked, I would like to read your story.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.