Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > TalkBoard Topics
Reload this Page >

Proposed amend TB guidelines: TB members take leave of absence from moderator duty

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Proposed amend TB guidelines: TB members take leave of absence from moderator duty

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2011, 12:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by B747-437B
And now of course B747 is no longer on TB. Conspiracy theory anyone?
You resigned from TB. There is no conspiracy theory.

Cheers.
Old Mar 26, 2011, 6:41 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum/1MM, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
You resigned from TB. There is no conspiracy theory.

Cheers.
As there never was any sort of resignation note or announcement from B747-437B in the public forum, I don't believe he nor anyone else has publicly stated the reasons that he is no longer on TB. I found the circumstances very curious myself.
Old Mar 26, 2011, 6:58 pm

Originally Posted by Smaug
As there never was any sort of resignation note or announcement from B747-437B in the public forum, I don't believe he nor anyone else has publicly stated the reasons that he is no longer on TB. I found the circumstances very curious myself.
There are only 2 reasons to no longer be a TB member - resignation or for cause.

Resignation can be for a variety of reasons: business, personal, or conflict of interest, etc. That's totally fine. We're all volunteers.

For cause requires a lot more & it's publicly posted (see below). That doesn't apply to B747.

E. Resignation/Termination
i. A vacancy in the TalkBoard shall be declared if a member:
a. Resigns
b. Is removed by the FlyerTalk Host for any reason including a recommendation by the TalkBoard to do so under these guidelines.
ii. The vacancy will be filled using the process proscribed by these guidelines.
F. Motions for Censure and Removal
i. Any voting TalkBoard member may make a motion for the censure or for a recommendation for removal of another TalkBoard member or officer. Censure or removal of an elected TalkBoard member is a grave matter and should only be employed in severe circumstances. It should never be employed based on a disagreement of policy, personality or style.
ii. A motion to censure or remove shall include the valid grounds for censure or removal as allowed by these guidelines.
iii. Should such a motion receive a second the President shall initiate a sticky poll to allow TalkBoard members to vote on the matter, which shall take place by secret ballot.
iv. A 2/3 majority of TalkBoard members shall be required for approval of such a motion.
v. In the event of the passage of a motion to censure or remove, the TalkBoard Vice President/Secretary shall post the motion along with the results of the censure or removal vote in the Town Hall forum along with a statement by the TalkBoard member should he or she desire to include one and then ask the TalkBoard forums moderator to lock that thread 'per TalkBoard guidelines.' Should the motion fail there is to be no public notice of the motion whatsoever.
vi. In the event of the passage of a motion to remove, the President (or the Vice President/Secretary if the motion involves the President) shall submit a request for removal and replacement of said member to the FlyerTalk Host for consideration.
vii. Grounds for censure or removal of a TalkBoard member:
a. Fails to participate in three consecutive discussions on pending motions without prior notice, where prior notice constitutes a post posted in the thread kept for that purpose in the private TalkBoard forum
b. Misses three consecutive calls to vote without prior notice where prior notice constitutes a post posted in the thread kept for that purpose in the private TalkBoard forum
c. Has been permanently removed from the rolls of active, registered members of the FlyerTalk community
d. Demonstrates by his/her actions that he/she is not able to actively participate in the TalkBoard duties
e. Acts in willful and gross serious, repeated violation of the FlyerTalk member Terms of Service (TOS)
f. Acts in willful and gross serious, repeated violation of these guidelines
g. Abuses the censure and removal process
viii. As with any motion approved by the TalkBoard, in all cases the FlyerTalk Host makes the final determination whether to act on the TalkBoard recommendation to remove a TalkBoard member or not.

Cheers.
Old Mar 27, 2011, 9:54 am

I don't believe he nor anyone else has publicly stated the reasons that he is no longer on TB.
Correct, which is why I find SkiAdcock's certainty about her position to be quite puzzling. Ah well, conspiracy theories are a good thing in moderation!
Old Mar 27, 2011, 10:10 am

Programs: HH Silver
You mean no blame has been apportioned to the vast Mod. conspiracy? Colour me surprised.
Old Mar 27, 2011, 10:26 am

Programs: AA, Delta, UA & thanks to FTers for my PC Gold!
You mean something like this?

While I am naturally disappointed at not being able to complete the term that I was elected to serve,...
But you are correct, Smaug. He hasn't responded to nor addressed any of the follow-up questions in the public TB Topics forum. While gleff made a very public announcement for his resignation, B747-437B chose and still is quite silent about his. Not sure why the silence nor who's hiding what. I believe he's still actively posting in TB Topics Forum.

For cause requires a lot more & it's publicly posted (see below). That doesn't apply to B747.

E. Resignation/Termination
i. A vacancy in the TalkBoard shall be declared if a member:
a. Resigns
b. Is removed by the FlyerTalk Host for any reason including a recommendation by the TalkBoard to do so under these guidelines.
ii. The vacancy will be filled using the process proscribed by these guidelines.
F. Motions for Censure and Removal
i. Any voting TalkBoard member may make a motion for the censure or for a recommendation for removal of another TalkBoard member or officer. Censure or removal of an elected TalkBoard member is a grave matter and should only be employed in severe circumstances. It should never be employed based on a disagreement of policy, personality or style.
ii. A motion to censure or remove shall include the valid grounds for censure or removal as allowed by these guidelines.
iii. Should such a motion receive a second the President shall initiate a sticky poll to allow TalkBoard members to vote on the matter, which shall take place by secret ballot.
iv. A 2/3 majority of TalkBoard members shall be required for approval of such a motion.
v. In the event of the passage of a motion to censure or remove, the TalkBoard Vice President/Secretary shall post the motion along with the results of the censure or removal vote in the Town Hall forum along with a statement by the TalkBoard member should he or she desire to include one and then ask the TalkBoard forums moderator to lock that thread 'per TalkBoard guidelines.' Should the motion fail there is to be no public notice of the motion whatsoever.
vi. In the event of the passage of a motion to remove, the President (or the Vice President/Secretary if the motion involves the President) shall submit a request for removal and replacement of said member to the FlyerTalk Host for consideration.
vii. Grounds for censure or removal of a TalkBoard member:
a. Fails to participate in three consecutive discussions on pending motions without prior notice, where prior notice constitutes a post posted in the thread kept for that purpose in the private TalkBoard forum
b. Misses three consecutive calls to vote without prior notice where prior notice constitutes a post posted in the thread kept for that purpose in the private TalkBoard forum
c. Has been permanently removed from the rolls of active, registered members of the FlyerTalk community
d. Demonstrates by his/her actions that he/she is not able to actively participate in the TalkBoard duties
e. Acts in willful and gross serious, repeated violation of the FlyerTalk member Terms of Service (TOS)
f. Acts in willful and gross serious, repeated violation of these guidelines
g. Abuses the censure and removal process
viii. As with any motion approved by the TalkBoard, in all cases the FlyerTalk Host makes the final determination whether to act on the TalkBoard recommendation to remove a TalkBoard member or not.
Sharon,

Thanks for digging up the relevant section about termination and resignation in TB Guidelines. ^
Old Mar 28, 2011, 7:36 am

It's B747's choice to publicly post or not re: why he resigned. There is no requirement to do so. The listing of the guidelines is to show what goes into the removal of someone from TB, which does not apply to B747.

Re: TB members being mods. As I've publicly stated a # of times, I don't have a problem w/ it.

Cheers.
Old Mar 29, 2011, 5:26 am

It's B747's choice to publicly post or not re: why he resigned. There is no requirement to do so. The listing of the guidelines is to show what goes into the removal of someone from TB, which does not apply to B747.
As I said to you via PM yesterday and will reiterate here for public view, please don't make assumptions about this situation and attempt to pass them off as facts. The bottom line remains that I am no longer a member of the current TalkBoard and that, yes, I was not "removed" as per the publicly listed guidelines. That does not however constitute prima facie evidence of anything other than itself.
Old Mar 29, 2011, 12:26 pm

As I said to you via PM yesterday and will reiterate here for public view, please don't make assumptions about this situation and attempt to pass them off as facts. The bottom line remains that I am no longer a member of the current TalkBoard and that, yes, I was not "removed" as per the publicly listed guidelines. That does not however constitute prima facie evidence of anything other than itself.
Well since you've not said why publicly or privately to my knowledge why you resigned, and there is a formal process for removal of someone from TB & that didn't occur w/ you, it's not unreasonable to assume the resignation was voluntary & nothing nefarious occurred . But your resignation isn't actually the topic of this thread

Cheers.
Old Mar 29, 2011, 2:48 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Well since you've not said why publicly or privately to my knowledge why you resigned, and there is a formal process for removal of someone from TB & that didn't occur w/ you, it's not unreasonable to assume the resignation was voluntary & nothing nefarious occurred .
Indeed.
Old Mar 29, 2011, 11:26 pm
Moderator: Avianca, Travel Photography, Travel Technology & USA

Programs: Emeritus VIP Fromins Deli Encino grandfathered successor program - UA MM & HH Diamond
Let's move on. It is entirely B747-437B's prerogative to not comment on his prior activities. There is no reason to continue questioning him on this subject.

If I remember correctly, the thread topic is: "Proposed amend TB guidelines: TB members take leave of absence from moderator duty"

Last edited by Moderator2; Mar 30, 2011 at 7:36 am
Old May 1, 2011, 5:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Still believe that this is a good initiative and is but one of the reforms that is needed. Still too much concentration of volunteer positions in too few hands!
Old May 1, 2011, 8:54 am

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by Q Shoe Guy
Still believe that this is a good initiative and is but one of the reforms that is needed. Still too much concentration of volunteer positions in too few hands!
Still believe then you should run for TB.
Old May 9, 2011, 4:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tcook052
Still believe then you should run for TB.
Thanks for your opinion, don't often read that . Owing to the success of your TB run seems to say that only those anointed few get elected and it would be best that the above proposition to take place! Did you know that there are a few volunteers with no less than 5 positions....
Old May 9, 2011, 9:58 am
Moderator: Coupon Connection & S.P.A.M

Programs: Destination Unknown, TSA Disparager Diamond (LTDD)
Originally Posted by Q Shoe Guy
Thanks for your opinion, don't often read that . Owing to the success of your TB run seems to say that only those anointed few get elected and it would be best that the above proposition to take place! Did you know that there are a few volunteers with no less than 5 positions....
Instead of making personal commentary on tcook052's suggestion, perhaps you should consider running for TB. You certainly seem to have a platform and an agenda; why not see how many others are interested in supporting said platform and agenda?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.