include hotel stays on itineraries?

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sugge...ineraries.html

What does the community think?
Old Jun 26, 2010, 11:55 am
Posting Legend, Moderator, Manufactured Spending

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by travelkid
What does the community think?
MHO is I'm okay with giving my itinerary so I might meet up with other travelling FTers in airports or airline lounges but don't think I'd give out my hotel as it's a little too much information to publicly post. Obviously I might make an exception if I was attending an FT Do but don't think I'd regularly post so much of my travels plans for anyone to see but again that's just MHO and YMMV.
Old Jun 26, 2010, 12:46 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
One member is already running a hotel meeting thread in Hyatt where people disclose their Hyatt hotel stays. This seems adequate to me.
Old Jun 26, 2010, 3:08 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by Markie
One member is already running a hotel meeting thread in Hyatt where people disclose their Hyatt hotel stays. This seems adequate to me.
They also have that in Hilton & Marriott forums.

Cheers.
Old Jun 26, 2010, 4:32 pm
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; IHG Plat; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
They also have that in Hilton & Marriott forums.
And the SPG forum as well.
Old Jun 27, 2010, 6:20 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Gold, plat, diamond and more
Originally Posted by tcook052
MHO is I'm okay with giving my itinerary so I might meet up with other travelling FTers in airports or airline lounges but don't think I'd give out my hotel as it's a little too much information to publicly post. Obviously I might make an exception if I was attending an FT Do but don't think I'd regularly post so much of my travels plans for anyone to see but again that's just MHO and YMMV.
I agree on this, and it could definately be a concern. However scattered around in the different forums people do post also hotel stays.

I do think however that the usage would increase with a combined effort including hotelstays, making it all more userfriendly.
Old Jun 27, 2010, 4:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Of course there's the other issue of who actually goes to itineraries. I've been on FT for years & rarely go there.

Yeah I know it's there, but 99.9% of the time I forget it exists & so don't look there. My bad. I just check the airline lounge thread in my particular airline & the hotel stay thread in my particular hotel chains, and I check CommunityBuzz.

Cheers.
Old Jun 28, 2010, 1:00 am

I agree on this, and it could definately be a concern. However scattered around in the different forums people do post also hotel stays.

I do think however that the usage would increase with a combined effort including hotelstays, making it all more userfriendly.
Isn't the issue here that you know which hotel you are staying in and so just want to see if other FTs are staying there too?
Old Jun 28, 2010, 5:15 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Gold, plat, diamond and more
Originally Posted by Markie
Isn't the issue here that you know which hotel you are staying in and so just want to see if other FTs are staying there too?
Absolutely. But despite posting and searching numerous times, theres never been a match. So with more users, and a more readable version I would for one use it.

I think its obvious at least some users at all forums use this, and is there a will to improve the feature?

Enjoyed visiting this sub-forum, with feedback from several seniors.
Old Jun 29, 2010, 12:16 am

Absolutely. But despite posting and searching numerous times, theres never been a match. So with more users, and a more readable version I would for one use it.

I think its obvious at least some users at all forums use this, and is there a will to improve the feature?

Enjoyed visiting this sub-forum, with feedback from several seniors.
I think pretty much everyone who visits a Hyatt read the Hyatt board before they go - especially if they want a review of the property. Whether they then choose to post in the visits thread is another matter.

Based on this thread, in comparison to other threads in this forum, I don't see this to be a burning issue at the moment.
Old Jun 29, 2010, 3:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm not opposed to it, but I don't really see the value in it either.

I don't fully see the value (other than to show where folks are going) in the Itineraries forum either, to be honest.

I've got the same outlook as Sharon does in post #7.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.