3. Where have you contributed content?

Old Nov 10, 2014, 5:09 pm
Community Director Emerita
Original Poster

3. Where have you contributed content?

Please give a link or two to where you have added knowledge to FlyerTalk.
Old Nov 10, 2014, 5:37 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
I wrote most of the Southwest Airlines / Rapid Rewards Wiki, which prints out to over 50 pages. I am in the process of drafting a new version which I hope Internet Brands will host. (The current host site at flyerguide is slow and has lost months of edits at least once.)

Together with ftnoob I maintain the newsflash thread in the Southwest forum. There we try to alert members about any time-sensitive information and opportunities. For example, there was a recent opportunity to spend $5 worth of points for the option to create a capacity-controlled award later.
Old Nov 10, 2014, 6:22 pm
Moderator: Hilton Honors forums

I have compiled numerous “sticky” threads and Wiki posts with information and links, including but certainly not limited to the following:
Old Nov 10, 2014, 6:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Formerly HPN, but then DCA and IAD for a while, and now back to HPN!
Programs: Honestly, I've been out of the travel game so long that I'm not even sure. Maybe Marriott Gold?
If by content, the question addresses Wiki entries or other "sticky notes", I have not contributed in that fashion. I have made over 8,000 posts since 2002, and, hopefully, the vast majority qualified as a "contribution" from my fairly extensive travel experience and "content" in terms of the level of detail and "helpfulness" to other travelers, particularly in the way of hotel and restaurant reviews under the Travel & Dining umbrella. I've also tried to offer many consumer reviews in various Travel & Dining forums and in OMNI.
Old Nov 10, 2014, 6:34 pm

Programs: Don't even mention it. Grrrrrrr.
This is what we call the LCD.
Old Nov 10, 2014, 8:32 pm

Programs: QF LTS WP, Avis Pres Club, HH Diam.
Qantas, Virgin Australia, Qatar, various other sections.
Old Nov 10, 2014, 8:45 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium.;UA 1.5MM; UA Lifetime Gold (whoppee); DL Plat
UA, AA, Marriott, Premium Fares; Mileage Run Deals; Mileage Run Discussion

Last edited by boss315; Nov 13, 2014 at 10:43 am
Old Nov 13, 2014, 6:51 am

Programs: Accor PLT,Thai Silver, HH Dia, SPG Titanium (LT Gold), Aegean Gold, BA Silver
SPG, BA, Good deals Eco and Premium fares,Tesco, Marriott LnF and others.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...otions-uk.html
Old Nov 14, 2014, 7:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
My primary fora are Delta, Starwood, and Hyatt. In addition, I have made substantive posts in Aegean, SkyTeam, Marriott, Luxury Hotels, Asia (China, Singapore, Hong Kong, and Japan plus Korean Air and Malaysia Airlines) and Information Desk, among others.

I've done extensive business travel (to a variety of domestic and international destinations) since finishing my education, including several periods of living in foreign countries. Over the years, I generally paid attention and was curious about frequent flyer and frequent guest programs, although my knowledge is naturally strongest in aspects that impact me directly.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.