Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Community > TalkBoard Topics > TalkBoard Election Debate Archives > Talkboard Debate Archives > TalkBoard Elections/05
Reload this Page >

Clarification regarding my (non) participation in the Talkboard election debates...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Clarification regarding my (non) participation in the Talkboard election debates...

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2005, 3:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

I had hoped to not have to explain my reasoning behind my actions but since [there is] incorrect information about me I feel I have a right to set the record straight.

I did not participate in the Talkboard 10 day debates for the following reasons:

1) I saw many new members run in the elections and many had a much lower profile than I have, not to mention a much lower post count. I felt that these new members deserved more attention than myself, and in my opinion this worked just fine, as several very new members managed to get themselves a decent amount of votes, kudos to them.

2) I felt that people should vote for who I am, what I have done on the board for them, and how (if at all) I have ever been able to help them. Whether it was answering a technical question, helping them get a cheap fare through the "farealert" service I help operate or through my many threads in the BA board. I did not feel that I wanted people to vote for me based on my verbal and debating skills over a 10 day period, I didn't join FT to talk politics, and quite frankly I'd make a pretty poor politician as I don't like cheap tricks and negative campaigns.

3) I set aside a fixed amount of time each day to be on Flyertalk; I felt that dividing that time between my volunteer moderator duties and answering questions in the boards I moderate was more important.

So; there you have it, from the one and only source that is at liberty to tell you, I did not ignore people because I was arrogrant, I did not ignore you because I was lazy. I simply chose to let others be in the spotlight and spend my FT time in different ways.

Last edited by Randy Petersen; Nov 4, 2005 at 11:37 am Reason: Correcting the source of incorrect information.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.