FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   TalkBoard Elections/05 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/talkboard-elections-05-601/)
-   -   Question 11: Rename Your Platform of Specific Ideas (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/talkboard-elections-05/480920-question-11-rename-your-platform-specific-ideas.html)

Randy Petersen Oct 9, 2005 3:31 pm

Question 11: Rename Your Platform of Specific Ideas

This question was submitted by member Kiwi Flyer:

"Are you running on a platform of specific idea(s) you want to implement? If so, please state the most important one and why. If not, please explain (succintly) how by being on the TalkBoard you can help make FlyerTalk a better place."

Radioman Oct 9, 2005 4:26 pm

"Are you running on a platform of specific idea(s) you want to implement? If so, please state the most important one and why. If not, please explain (succintly) how by being on the TalkBoard you can help make FlyerTalk a better place."

Hi

Another interesting question. I would say that some of what you have been asking has been covered in other questions but what the heck...here we go.

No I am not running on a platform of specific ideas that I want to implement. If I did then I would not implement them but it would be upto the board and membership to implement them, all I could do would be to put them forward for consideration like any other board member.

Well heres the succintly version. I wish to represent the membership and do my best to serve them, in doing this I hope that the membership will help me and the other board members make FlyerTalk a continued success story.

regards
RadioMan

Buzzard533 Oct 9, 2005 4:44 pm

My platform and the “plank” that I think you will see run through most of my replies to the questions in this forum is to increase feedback from all members to improve FT for all.

I believe we have huge “Lurker” community out there and they will bring some great ideas on how to improve FT if we could get some input from them. Additionally if we can make them to become active participants, we get a double shot. I am open to ideas on how of accomplish this.

civicmon Oct 9, 2005 5:54 pm

Mine is to respond to user feedback and open the closed doors of the TB.

socrates Oct 9, 2005 6:07 pm

My platform is very simple and pure.....it's to fill the needs of the community of which it serves....what I mean by that is if all the needs are currently being filled then no changes are needed, if a some needs aren't being met then we should look/find ways to meet those needs

VPescado Oct 9, 2005 6:10 pm

Integrity, Transparency, and Consistency.

doc Oct 9, 2005 6:33 pm

Originally Posted by VPescado
Integrity, Transparency, and Consistency.

Uh...it appears someone likes my formerly submitted, rather simple platform, so much thay they have actually usurped it outright! ;)

Or should I perhaps say, they seemingly "adopted" my earlier submitted personal platform, since I need to be a bit of a politician now apparently! :)

---

State a platform motto or goals for FlyerTalk for the future

"Transparency, integrity, equity and consistency."

http://www.flyertalk.com/talkthevote...?candidate=143

---

I think I'll keep it plain and simple, just as it is now! And frankly, I'm extremely glad that we so wholeheartedly agree.

Mark

VPescado Oct 9, 2005 6:59 pm

Originally Posted by doc
Uh...it appears someone likes my formerly submitted, rather simple platform, so much thay they have actually usurped it outright! ;)

Or should I perhaps say, they seemingly "adopted" my earlier submitted personal platform, since I need to be a bit of a politician now apparently! :)

Doc,

Please seem my own unedited platform (link in my signature). You will see that both the words and the concepts of "Transparency" and "Consistency" appear throughout. "Integrity" is also involved although not as explicitly. In any case I did not usurp your motto, or even adopt it.

I do think that we have many good ideas in common, however. I'll make a deal with you - I won't take offense at your implication of misconduct on my part, and you can consider my motto to be validation of your own values. ;)

doc Oct 9, 2005 7:29 pm

To be absolutely clear, I did not mean to imply ANY misconduct on your part, VPescado, by any means. Rather it was just an admittedly rather feeble attempt to be somewhat humorous.

OMG, I hope I am not turning out to be the Al Gore of FT! :D

FWIW, I simply wanted to outline that we are literally in complete agreement on this critical issue. :)

And thus you are a seemingly fine candidate in my view.

Best wishes to you in your election bid.

-Mark

VPescado Oct 9, 2005 7:35 pm

Originally Posted by doc
To be absolutely clear, I did not mean to imply ANY miscoduct on your part, VPescado, by any means. Rather it was just an addmittedly rather feeble attempt to be somewhat humorous.

No problem. It would be bad if the two candidates with "Integrity" in their motto kept slinging accusations of misconduct at each other. Terribly funny, but bad nonetheless.

Please disregard the certified letter that my attorney sent you.

Shareholder Oct 9, 2005 8:13 pm

I have no specific platform as such. I stand as an active member of this Community who believes that he can offer something back for all he has received, and in this fashion help build a stronger FT. I am part of the Kennedy generation, and one who has always believed in his call to public/community service: "Ask not what -- can do for you, ask what you can do for --!"

John C Oct 9, 2005 8:29 pm

I do not want to change the world. I'm not a candidate of sweeping reform. I would like to see evolution, not revolution. But as a relative newbie to the site, I believe I bring a fresh perspective. Even the freshest pool of water becomes stagnant if it is left standing for too long. Read my posts throughout this forum and while I may not have the definite answer to any topic, I hope you will find that I add something to the discussions.

kokonutz Oct 9, 2005 8:32 pm

Open doors, open debate and free beer. And world peace. And upgrades and status. And LH first class slippers.

bhatnasx Oct 9, 2005 8:48 pm

I don't have a specific platform - my goal for running for TalkBoard is to help continue to make FlyerTalk the best that it can be.

If I am in the top five best people that the general membership selects than I will have acheived my goal & will help steer FT in the direction I believe is in its memberships best interest - if I am not in the top five best people & I don't get elected - then I will have then also achieved my goal as the general membership would have felt that I was not the best represenative and I would still be happy that they chose the people that they felt best to represent them. FlyerTalk is bigger than any one of us & is bigger than our individual agendas - the most important thing is ensuring he success of this board.

Cholula Oct 9, 2005 9:57 pm

My issues are fairly simple:

First, I want to be your representative on TalkBoard and represent your views....not my views or the views of the guy in seat 21B who has no interest in FlyerTalk.

Secondly, I'd welcome suggestions for additional forums on FT that would interest the current members and perhaps attract new members.

Thirdly, and not to beat the proverbial dead horse http://texasnissantrucks.com/snakeyez/Smilies/horse.gif, but I'd again like to state a need for the FlyerTalk experience to be simplified and streamlined for new and experienced members alike.
We have an enormous amount of information at our fingertips and a post I see with increasing frequency from new users...and a few experienced ones....is "I searched for XXX but can't find the info so here's my question". Perhaps we need a better online tutorial about search techniques on FT. Or maybe a more robust, user-friendly search engine. Or perhaps a re-ordering of the way our forums, threads and information is arranged.
I know that FlyerTalk can be daunting for users and if we want to grow at an accelerated pace, we need to provide a simplified experience for all members.