Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LX Seating-thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2013, 7:18 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
I've sat in 6K on the A343 and didn't notice any window "missing".
I've sat in 6K and it's one of the better seats with plenty of room for your legs/feet. It also has a window.
I was in 7K on the A340 yesterday and checked 6K and 8K carefully. In a way SeatGuru was right. 6K (as well as 8K) is missing a window. But they still have a window as well.
I now have an answer to my confusion about a missing window for 6K. There are (at least) two versions of A340-300 in the LX fleet. Those (older ones?) with 3 windows blocked behind door 2R and newer ones with 4 windows blocked as you will see below.

HB-JMI

HB-JMN

Those with only 3 windows blocked have 2 windows by 6K, those with 4 windows blocked are missing a window by 6K.
Old Aug 31, 2013, 1:30 am

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
The mystery appear to be solved!

The "newer" ones are actually older planes that joined the LX fleet from AC in 2008 (HB-JMJ, JMM, JMN, JMO).

This would indeed appear to explain the difference. I seem to recall that the MdC booth is in a different location between these two variants as well, behind 5AC in some and in front of 6K in the others.
Old Aug 31, 2013, 11:56 am

Programs: LH SEN* (*G), EBG (*G)
Deleted

Last edited by tgj1974; Aug 31, 2013 at 11:58 am Reason: Put in wrong thread :-(
Old Sep 25, 2013, 11:56 pm

Programs: Krisflyer Solitaire, Miles & More Senator, Hilton Honors Diamond
Originally Posted by EntropySink
The seat adjusts itself when you move around, to adapt to your contour or at least avoid excess pressure on any one part of your body (like your hip when you're lying on your side.) At least that's how I figured it works, with some time-passing experimentation on a sleepless SFO->ZRH flight
this was my first time in swiss business and i thought that a) the mini cabin is somewhat small making it awkward to get around, b) the seats are oddly narrow but 4A had lots of space on either side for magazines, blanket, laptops etc - nowhere to stash valuables eg passport apart from open dashboard c) the lie flat position was comfortable enough to get a decent sleep, d) beware not to drop anything on the side of the seat as its difficult to retrieve, e) found it non-intuitive returning the tray back to the closed position, f) the screen is too small, g) the programme list limited but of good quality, h) the food.....swiss and i) the service slow and not proactive

in summary, better than LH but a long way behind SQ
Old Oct 3, 2013, 7:04 am

Programs: DL DM
Hello all,

I'm new this forum and I did a little research on this thread but I still want to make sure:

I'm flying J ZRH-JFK in November on LX014 (A330).

I seem to understand that A seats (throne) and seats in the mini cabin are released at OLCI and are available to all pax? I'm *Gold and I currently have 11K.

If this is correct, what seat would you recommend? I picked 11K because I'd rather be close to the window and have the console between my seat and the aisle...

Any help is greatly appreciated
Old Oct 3, 2013, 7:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by GrizNation
Hello all,

I'm new this forum and I did a little research on this thread but I still want to make sure:

I'm flying J ZRH-JFK in November on LX014 (A330).

I seem to understand that A seats (throne) and seats in the mini cabin are released at OLCI and are available to all pax? I'm *Gold and I currently have 11K.

If this is correct, what seat would you recommend? I picked 11K because I'd rather be close to the window and have the console between my seat and the aisle...

Any help is greatly appreciated
11K is a very good seat. The minicabin is not that great- I find often it is busier than the main cabin. Watch at checkin and you may be able to grab a "throne" however if you read through this thread you can read that many frequent customers actually prefer the K side (where you are) to the throne seats. You are in good shape.
Old Oct 4, 2013, 4:38 am

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
11K is a very good seat. The minicabin is not that great- I find often it is busier than the main cabin. Watch at checkin and you may be able to grab a "throne" however if you read through this thread you can read that many frequent customers actually prefer the K side (where you are) to the throne seats. You are in good shape.
Awesome thank you! I will definitely stick with it
Old Nov 19, 2013, 4:50 am

Programs: Most at varying levels of elite-ness.
Video Review

Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
I'm one that really likes the "K" side in the seats that have the console to your left. As others have mentioned the separation from the aisle is as good as the thrones but you're much closer to the window, which is something I appreciate.

You can see my video review of this seat at modhop.
Old Nov 19, 2013, 6:24 am

Programs: AC SE; SPG Plat, Fairmont Plat
Originally Posted by Kanaman
Last night I was on the 333 LX 87 YUL-ZRH. This was my first time flying LX C long-haul. Soon after sitting down on 10A (throne), I noticed that there was something moving. It felt like the air cushion in the seat and the back inflated and deflated by their own volition. It was quite slow and subtle, and at times I was unsure if it was even happening.

The firmer and softer buttons seemed to work, but even when they were not pressed, it was my impression there was something going on. And no it was not the massage function (which also worked fine). A seat reset didn't help and neither did the key combo the purser tired (4x down and then 3x right on the lumbar panel).

I asked to be reseated and was offered 14D. I said I liked the single seats and asked for 14K. I got it, but under some protest it seemed. Though there were no pax in 14D and 14G at the start, there were people sleeping there during the night. Crew maybe. I suppose 14K was supposed to be theirs.

Have you had problems with the seats not maintaining the air cushion setting?

The crew did not seem to have heard of it before. If nobody else has had this experience, then I'm willing to conclude that maybe I imagined the whole thing!
You are not imagining it. I noted the exact same thing sitting in LXn new OS J and the new AC 77HD J seats (which I believe have all the same manufacturer). I thought I noticed it happened more when I rested my elbow on the leather pad on top of the remote, but it was hard to reproduce. It was odd, and I didn't really like it, as suddenly the back or bottom cushion would inflate then deflate. Didn't happen in flat mode though .

Funny - the crew told me also they had never heard of it.....
Old Dec 7, 2013, 6:34 am

Programs: SK Diamond *G, LH SEN *G, Hyatt Globalist
I seem unable to get a confirmed window seat in Swiss First Class ZRH-LAX, does Swiss block all four of them?
Or perhaps the flight is just almost full in F on the 31 december
Old Dec 7, 2013, 6:37 am

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
Take a look at http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/swiss...a-2k-lx-f.html

Your flight still shows F5A5, so there should be open seats.
Old Dec 7, 2013, 6:51 am

Programs: SK Diamond *G, LH SEN *G, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by goliath
Take a look at http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/swiss...a-2k-lx-f.html

Your flight still shows F5A5, so there should be open seats.
Thanks a lot!
I called the LH SEN line (from Denmark), but they told me that only 2D and G were available

Updated: Called LX and got assigned 2K, but were told that its a facility seat, so might get moved if it is needed later

Last edited by NicoEBG; Dec 7, 2013 at 8:11 am
Old Dec 11, 2013, 10:34 am

Programs: LH Sen, UA 1K, BA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, IHG Platin Ambassador
Originally Posted by NicoEBG
I seem unable to get a confirmed window seat in Swiss First Class ZRH-LAX, does Swiss block all four of them?
Or perhaps the flight is just almost full in F on the 31 december
Swiss normally blocks two window seats in F: 1A for bassinett and 2K for facility reasons.
If no other passenger in F is on the flight you should be able to assign 2A and 1K.
Old Feb 26, 2014, 11:51 pm
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
I just checked in for two Swiss flights, both A320 operated. However the first flight has 36 rows, the second only 34.

Strangely I cannot find any information about a 34-row A320. Even the A319 seems to have 36 rows (the same as A320?). For now I have chosen row 12 as that is usually the exit row, but I am not sure if this will actually be the case.

Does anybody know why an A320 might show up on the seat map with 34 rows only?
Old Feb 27, 2014, 12:17 am

Programs: M&M SEN (*G), HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Xandrios
I just checked in for two Swiss flights, both A320 operated. However the first flight has 36 rows, the second only 34.

Strangely I cannot find any information about a 34-row A320. Even the A319 seems to have 36 rows (the same as A320?). For now I have chosen row 12 as that is usually the exit row, but I am not sure if this will actually be the case.

Does anybody know why an A320 might show up on the seat map with 34 rows only?
I think you are mixing up row numbers and actual number of rows.

LX A319s have 23 rows: 1-12/14-16/29-36
LX A320s have 27 rows: 1-12/14-17/26-36
LX A321s have 36 rows: 1-12/14-37

Could it have been a codeshare? What was the flight number of the flight in question?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.