Wiki Posts
Search

LX upgrades for UA 1K?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2009, 10:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA Silver, HH Silver, Marriott Gold
LX upgrades for UA 1K?

I apologize if this is already posted, I wasn't able to locate with a search.
I'm flying IAD-ZRH-TLV. UA IAD-ZRH and LX ZRH-TLV. I'm wondering if an upgrade is possible on LX for the ZRH-TLV portion. Agent told me they would upgrade at the gate if possible. How likely is that? My ticket is K class. I have UA miles but no M&M miles.
Thank you!
Old Jul 5, 2009, 1:50 pm

Completely unlikely, unless you spend some serious bucks or cash in many miles from your UA account on beforehand.

Especially on the ZRH - TLV leg everybody seems to try it and ground staff knows all the stories
Old Jul 5, 2009, 2:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG and Hilton Diamond, LH SEN, BA Gold
Originally Posted by hopel
I apologize if this is already posted, I wasn't able to locate with a search.
I'm flying IAD-ZRH-TLV. UA IAD-ZRH and LX ZRH-TLV. I'm wondering if an upgrade is possible on LX for the ZRH-TLV portion. Agent told me they would upgrade at the gate if possible. How likely is that? My ticket is K class. I have UA miles but no M&M miles.
Thank you!

No problem at all. they will be happy to sell you an upgrade for the cost of the fare difference....
Old Jul 5, 2009, 2:49 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Or check if this special offer applies. ZRH-TLV Y to C upgrade for CHF 300.-
Old Jul 6, 2009, 1:55 am

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold
I'll move this thread to the LX subforum.

Have a nice day,

totti
M&M moderator

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.