Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Zurich Layover service

Search this Thread

Old Jan 19, 2017, 4:02 pm

There are several airport hotels at GVA within one kilometer (Nash, HIX, Crowne Plaza, Ibis...) with shuttle service to/from the airport.
I have stayed at the Nash which was OK for the short night.
Old Jan 19, 2017, 4:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
I guess I have another question then, since LX has a direct flight to ZRH from MAD, does anyone know what are the chances of L routing us directly to Zurich instead from MAD, even if its a non rev tkt?

Last edited by djjaguar64; Jan 19, 2017 at 4:45 pm
Old Jan 19, 2017, 6:02 pm

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
Originally Posted by djjaguar64
I guess I have another question then, since LX has a direct flight to ZRH from MAD, does anyone know what are the chances of L routing us directly to Zurich instead from MAD, even if its a non rev tkt?
The chances are zero unless the MAD-GVA flight does not operate, is severely delayed or heavily overbooked.
Old Jan 19, 2017, 6:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by airoli
The chances are zero unless the MAD-GVA flight does not operate, is severely delayed or heavily overbooked.
Zero, really and you are 100% sure of it?
Old Jan 20, 2017, 5:21 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
Yes. European airlines do just not operate like this. There is no free stand-by etc. like in the States. You fly as ticketed or you don't fly.
Old Jan 20, 2017, 6:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by airoli
Yes. European airlines do just not operate like this. There is no free stand-by etc. like in the States. You fly as ticketed or you don't fly.
But LH had done that for me before at the lounge in MUC, they rerouted me via FRA instead, it was an award ticket.
Old Jan 20, 2017, 7:09 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
LX will not touch the ticket if its issued by another carrier. You have to contact the issuing carrier and request a rebooking.
Old Jan 20, 2017, 8:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by oliver2002
LX will not touch the ticket if its issued by another carrier. You have to contact the issuing carrier and request a rebooking.
Got it but I'll take my chances in MAD and hopefully report back. lets see. Thanks for the feedback.
Old Jan 20, 2017, 11:40 am

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
Got it but I'll take my chances in MAD and hopefully report back. lets see. Thanks for the feedback.
Just forget your plan and book an accomodation at GVA. The HIX is reachable by public bussses, free tickets were available at the arrival hall in GVA. Hotel is OK, prices justified...

LX does not have any own staff at any airport worldwide, even not in ZRH! All ground work is done by handing agents (as i.ex. Swissport). They represent the airline and follow the given rules by 200%! Unless there is a cancellation they won't change your tickets as already stated several times above. The only LX employees are the cabin / cockpit crew and the administrations at their headquarter.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.