Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Lounge ZRH [merged Q&A thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2017, 12:30 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by Smiley90
aaaaah that's good to know. E lounge it is! I'm a UA *G, not M&M indeed. But I'm landing & leaving in E so I'll just go there for shower&breakfast and co-ordinate with my family,
The gold part of the E lounge also gives you access to one of the best Whisky bars in Zurich.
Old Jul 9, 2017, 7:30 am

Programs: A3*G
Flying LX for the first time tomorrow: ATH-ZRH-LHR on Y light. Layover is about 2 hours. Is this enough time to visit a lounge and what would be my best choice as a A3*G? I also read somewhere that lounge access might not be permitted on Y light? Thanks!
Old Jul 9, 2017, 8:27 am

Originally Posted by MrArkadin
Flying LX for the first time tomorrow: ATH-ZRH-LHR on Y light. Layover is about 2 hours. Is this enough time to visit a lounge and what would be my best choice as a A3*G? I also read somewhere that lounge access might not be permitted on Y light? Thanks!
I don't know where you read what, but that's definitely wrong.

Best lounge would be the SEN E, and if your incoming flight is really early, you might have enough time for it - check where your flight to LHR leaves. Most probably it's from D, which means you'll have to get from A (Arriving from ATH) to E for the lounge, then from E to D (two ways, either direct with a security check, or via A and immigration twice - has been covered many times here already)

If you want it less stressful, just head to the SEN lounge in D. Offer isn't great, but it's usually rather quiet.
Old Jul 10, 2017, 8:19 am

Programs: A3*G
Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
I don't know where you read what, but that's definitely wrong.

Best lounge would be the SEN E, and if your incoming flight is really early, you might have enough time for it - check where your flight to LHR leaves. Most probably it's from D, which means you'll have to get from A (Arriving from ATH) to E for the lounge, then from E to D (two ways, either direct with a security check, or via A and immigration twice - has been covered many times here already)

If you want it less stressful, just head to the SEN lounge in D. Offer isn't great, but it's usually rather quiet.
You're right about lounge access on Y light of course, luckily I got upgraded on the first leg so lounge access wouldn't have been a problem in the first flace

My inbound to ZRH was 30' late so I went straight to Swiss D lounge which was small but comfortable and very easy to access.

Last edited by MrArkadin; Jul 10, 2017 at 3:18 pm
Old Jul 11, 2017, 1:38 pm

A bit late for the original question but the E lounge showers are very nice indeed, I'd say on a par with a solid 4 to 5 star hotel. I believe there are three rooms - Laax, Lausanne and Schaffhausen. The one time I used in the evening, there was zero wait.
Old Jul 15, 2017, 3:04 pm

Hi - I have a question about lounge access with Priority Pass. We are flying USA-ZRH-Asia with a 10-hour, same-day layover. We'd like to go to the lounge after Flight 1 for a shower, head into the city for the day, then visit the lounge once more in the evening before Flight 2.

There is a $27 access fee for my guest. Does anyone know if this is a daily charge or a per-visit charge (i.e. do we have to pay once or twice for this plan)? Thank you!

Also if anyone has recommendations for which of the Priority Pass-accessible lounges we should use, that would be much appreciated
Old Jul 15, 2017, 3:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by Agneisse
Hi - I have a question about lounge access with Priority Pass. We are flying USA-ZRH-Asia with a 10-hour, same-day layover. We'd like to go to the lounge after Flight 1 for a shower, head into the city for the day, then visit the lounge once more in the evening before Flight 2.

There is a $27 access fee for my guest. Does anyone know if this is a daily charge or a per-visit charge (i.e. do we have to pay once or twice for this plan)? Thank you!

Also if anyone has recommendations for which of the Priority Pass-accessible lounges we should use, that would be much appreciated
The PP/Aspire E lounge is pretty nice, I've used it a couple times. Has a nice outdoor patio for planespotting, too. However, the Aspire lounges don't have showers. PP gets you into the Swiss lounges at A/B or D as well and those have showers AFAIK, so maybe that? Depends on where your plane departs out of, too.

Asia/US are more likely to be E, so maybe head to A/B at arrival for a shower and then leave and then head to E for the departure? (though obv if you have to pay the fee twice for switching lounges that might not be the best idea, but I believe the fee is "per access" not "per day" anyway, so you might have to pay twice anyway)
Old Jul 17, 2017, 12:11 pm

Programs: Priority Pass
Hi,
My elderly father and I shall be traveling from Delhi to Zurich with an onwards flight to US operated by Edelweiss Air. We have a 9 hour layover in Zurich. We land at Zurich early morning and have time till 1500 Hrs.

We both are Priority Pass card holders and would like to avail the lounge facilities at the airport. Considering our onwards flight and the limited capability of my elderly father to walk for long distances, which would be a good lounge that we could check in to early morning?

Since this will be our first time availing lounge facilities, I had a few questions in mind -
Also, my father would like to sleep for a bit and he does not mind decently doing that on a couch. Is sleeping frowned upon in lounges?

Is there a dress code that lounges adhere to? Since I usually travel wearing shorts and flip flops, but I do not mind packing a pair of trousers and shoes.

I understand this question might sound a bit irresponsible and baseless, but is there any racism towards Indians at the lounges? My father is a turbaned Sikh and we have had quite a few incidents of racism at airports in the US, thus the stress.

Thank you
Old Jul 17, 2017, 1:52 pm

Originally Posted by whoopdeedoo
Hi,
My elderly father and I shall be traveling from Delhi to Zurich with an onwards flight to US operated by Edelweiss Air. We have a 9 hour layover in Zurich. We land at Zurich early morning and have time till 1500 Hrs.

We both are Priority Pass card holders and would like to avail the lounge facilities at the airport. Considering our onwards flight and the limited capability of my elderly father to walk for long distances, which would be a good lounge that we could check in to early morning?
Assuming at least your father is an Indian national, you'll be limited to Gate E (and technically Gate D, but I'd not suggest going there if you try to limit your walking distance) - there is exactly one lounge there, the Aspire lounge (former Panorama/Swissport)

Now, I've to warn you. The lounge isn't good. It's quite basic, the food makes McDonalds look tasty, and generally it's not very comfortable.

It used to be the lounge for all airlines but Emirates (who have a fantastic lounge) but since Swiss (the biggest user of it) opened their own lounge, it's now the "leftover" lounge for anyone else. And it does show that..

No showers. Wifi is limited (I think it's two hours..)

All in all, you won't have much fun there.

Actually, with your length of layover, maybe going to the Swiss Business lounge in Gate D might be a better choice.

It's less crowded, has showers, the wifi is unlimited, the food offerings, while far from great are quite a notch up. For 8 hours, might be worth the treck. So take my above comment with a bit of salt. If your father doesn't mind walking a few hundred meters (mostly with travelators), taking a short train ride twice, and passing through security twice, it would be the better choice.

Oh, and no rules on what you should wear
Old Jul 20, 2017, 7:13 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by whoopdeedoo
Also, my father would like to sleep for a bit and he does not mind decently doing that on a couch. Is sleeping frowned upon in lounges?
Welcome to Flyertalk, whoopdeedoo!

As far as I know the Business Lounge in D does not have couches for your father to sleep on but he will be able to access the transit hotel which is located on the way to the Swiss Lounge in D. They have basic rooms with bed(s), a TV and wash basin as well as a rest area with couches. You will also be able to use showers and toilets. The price list may be found here.
Old Jul 22, 2017, 4:43 am

Hi LX/ZRH experts,

I'm flying next week business AMS-ZRH-LPA

It will also be my first visit to ZRH.

Being almost only a OW flyer and lounge visitor, I have no experience with the rules and possibilities for transferring passengers at ZRH or *A in general.

Based on what I read in this thread, I understand that moving between the terminals is possible: sometimes directly with a security check, or via terminal A and going through immigration each time (but I'm still a bit confused about the train, which seems fun to try).

I also learned that the Swiss Business Lounge E is definitely the place to be.

So for those that are familiar with ZRH, I have following questions (so I can better understand my options):

- which terminal is normally used for incoming flights from AMS?
- from which terminal do LX flights to LPA leave?

Additional info: I have no luggage, European passport, no *A status, all flights LX business.

Many thanks,
Stan, a confused AA/BA/AY flyer ;-)
Old Jul 24, 2017, 6:02 am

Originally Posted by StanStorby
Hi LX/ZRH experts,

I'm flying next week business AMS-ZRH-LPA

It will also be my first visit to ZRH.

Being almost only a OW flyer and lounge visitor, I have no experience with the rules and possibilities for transferring passengers at ZRH or *A in general.

Based on what I read in this thread, I understand that moving between the terminals is possible: sometimes directly with a security check, or via terminal A and going through immigration each time (but I'm still a bit confused about the train, which seems fun to try).

I also learned that the Swiss Business Lounge E is definitely the place to be.

So for those that are familiar with ZRH, I have following questions (so I can better understand my options):

- which terminal is normally used for incoming flights from AMS?
- from which terminal do LX flights to LPA leave?

Additional info: I have no luggage, European passport, no *A status, all flights LX business.

Many thanks,
Stan, a confused AA/BA/AY flyer ;-)
Two intra-Schengen flights. Both likely to arrive and depart at the A/B gates, which is the main terminal. With an EU passport, you will have no issue with transferring to and from the lounges at the E gates, which are non-Schengen. Passport control is between A/B and E both ways - usually quick. Heidi train leaves every couple of minutes and takes a couple of minutes.

Do bear in mind that with the closure of the A lounges for refurbishment, traffic to and from the E gates may be heavier than usual.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 1:45 pm

Originally Posted by SwissBritMiss
Two intra-Schengen flights. Both likely to arrive and depart at the A/B gates, which is the main terminal. With an EU passport, you will have no issue with transferring to and from the lounges at the E gates, which are non-Schengen. Passport control is between A/B and E both ways - usually quick. Heidi train leaves every couple of minutes and takes a couple of minutes.

Do bear in mind that with the closure of the A lounges for refurbishment, traffic to and from the E gates may be heavier than usual.
Thanks for the feedback. However, I was under the impression that the A-lounge would only be closed as of 27th, August. Never mind, I've already decided to go to E anyway. Will try to report back on timings and status once done.
Old Jul 24, 2017, 3:26 pm

Programs: LH SEN, A3*G, IHG plat, DB Comfort, SPG gold
However, I was under the impression that the A-lounge would only be closed as of 27th, August.
That is correct. I will have another two visits to A before the lounges will be "gone".

By the way, they have already set up screen walls right behind security access near checkin 1, so it seems that the creation of the new FCL A will soon be on its way.
Old Jul 25, 2017, 3:32 am

Thanks for the feedback. However, I was under the impression that the A-lounge would only be closed as of 27th, August. Never mind, I've already decided to go to E anyway. Will try to report back on timings and status once done.
Apologies! I somehow read "next week" as "next month". Hope you enjoy the E lounges.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.