Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LX Seating-thread

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2016, 9:14 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AC E50k, A3*G, UA*S, MR Titanium, HHonors Gold, Carlson Gold, NEXUS
I'm flying DEL-ZRH-BOS in J in June. 2 pax; one prefers a window seat. Any suggestions on which seat to take? I'm currently in 11AB on both; both flights are wide open except 5A on ZRH-BOS.
Old Feb 3, 2016, 1:00 pm

Programs: Aeroplan 50K, Accor Diamond
Suggested seating for the new Swiss 777

Hi,

I will be flying to HKG next April on the new Boeing 777-300 in J and I wondered if any of you (especially those who visited the plane last week) have suggestions for advance seat selection. I usually prefer window seats and will be travelling alone.

I am currently in a "throne" seat in 16A, but wonder if I should take an aisle in the small J cabin (no window available) or just choose a different configuration than the throne.

Row 7 doesn't seem to have windows on official Swiss seat selection plan so I want to avoid this.

I'm not a Miles and More so I can't take seats only available to Swiss FF.

Thanks for your input
Old Feb 7, 2016, 4:51 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by monsieurcumulus
Hi,

I will be flying to HKG next April on the new Boeing 777-300 in J and I wondered if any of you (especially those who visited the plane last week) have suggestions for advance seat selection. I usually prefer window seats and will be travelling alone.

I am currently in a "throne" seat in 16A, but wonder if I should take an aisle in the small J cabin (no window available) or just choose a different configuration than the throne.

Row 7 doesn't seem to have windows on official Swiss seat selection plan so I want to avoid this.

I'm not a Miles and More so I can't take seats only available to Swiss FF.

Thanks for your input
I have not seen the LX Boeing 777-300ER Business cabin but cannot understand why you would want a seat other than a throne if you are travelling alone. On the Airbus 330/340 there was a choice of thrones and two types of single seats and some people preferred K seats to the thrones but the only single seats on the 777 are throne seats. Unless you choose one of the centre seats (D or G) you cannot avoid climbing over someone or someone climbing over you if you are not in a throne seat.

If another throne seat nearer the front opens up you might want to move but otherwise I don't think you want to move away from 16A.
Old Feb 8, 2016, 10:47 am

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
I have not seen the LX Boeing 777-300ER Business cabin but cannot understand why you would want a seat other than a throne if you are travelling alone. On the Airbus 330/340 there was a choice of thrones and two types of single seats and some people preferred K seats to the thrones but the only single seats on the 777 are throne seats. Unless you choose one of the centre seats (D or G) you cannot avoid climbing over someone or someone climbing over you if you are not in a throne seat.

If another throne seat nearer the front opens up you might want to move but otherwise I don't think you want to move away from 16A.
Thank you. According to the seat map provided by Swiss, not all single seat are "real" throne. Some have a console only on the aisle or window side. However, all the pictures I saw only showed single seats with two consoles, thus my confusion. Some people said real throne seats were not preferred as they feel like coffins.

I moved a couple rows towards the front to a seat with a console only on the aisle side. I'll see at check-in if I can get even closer to the front but will definitely keep a single seat!
Old Feb 8, 2016, 1:55 pm

Keep us updated monsieurcumulus, I have a flight booked in April on the 777 in business class and moved my seat from 5K to closer to the back and took a "throne" seat.
Old Feb 8, 2016, 2:18 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Thank you. According to the seat map provided by Swiss, not all single seat are "real" throne. Some have a console only on the aisle or window side. However, all the pictures I saw only showed single seats with two consoles, thus my confusion. Some people said real throne seats were not preferred as they feel like coffins.

I moved a couple rows towards the front to a seat with a console only on the aisle side. I'll see at check-in if I can get even closer to the front but will definitely keep a single seat!
According to swiss.com flights to HKG will be on the 777-300ER on Wednesday, Friday, Sunday from 10 April and daily from 9 May.

As you will see on this seatmap all single seats on the 777-300ER are throne seats:

while on the A340 even-numbered A seats are thrones (4A, 6A, 8A, 10A, 12A) and K seats have the console either on the aisle side or on the window side.

From your description I wonder if you are flying to HKG on the A340.
Old Feb 8, 2016, 9:07 pm

From your description I wonder if you are flying to HKG on the A340.
I assure you I am on the 777

As you can see, the seat selection plan is slightly different and more detailed for windows and seats (if accurate) than the one you posted. It is also less accurate for the other elements (lavatories, etc.)

I'm excited to see what people who flew recently or will fly soon thought of it.
Attached Images  
Old Feb 9, 2016, 6:43 am

As you can see, the seat selection plan is slightly different and more detailed for windows and seats (if accurate) than the one you posted. It is also less accurate for the other elements (lavatories, etc.)
Interesting. I have posted a question in the Lurker thread and asked for clarification.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 4:15 pm

Programs: UA 1MM for a while now, AS for a minute, BAEC newly minted Gold
Looks like a throne...

deleted

Last edited by cyborg; Jun 2, 2018 at 11:14 am Reason: Moving on from Flyertalk
Old Feb 9, 2016, 5:32 pm

Originally Posted by cyborg
I went through the same concerns and research a couple of weeks ago when booking a BKK-ZRH flight for the summer. The seatmap when booking does indeed look like the old 340 for the "K" seats. However, the pictures from the delivery promo day show what looks like a throne with full side units and an new feature - an extra storage bin on the right side that was discussed in an article.

I also believe the seatmap on the Swiss website (not the booking seatmap) shows a throne as well for the "K" seats.
One of the photos posted by sven-hennig in another thread also shows a storage unit next to the window of the K seat.

Originally Posted by sven-hennig
BUSINESS
It's interesting that they have added extra storage compared to the old "throne".

Let's wait for confirmation from the Lurker. It would be good if SWISS can correct the inaccuracies of the seat selection map.
Old Feb 9, 2016, 5:36 pm

Programs: UA 1MM for a while now, AS for a minute, BAEC newly minted Gold
deleted

Last edited by cyborg; Jun 2, 2018 at 11:13 am Reason: Moving on from Flyertalk
Old Feb 10, 2016, 5:31 am

The LX Lurker has confirmed that all single Business seats on the 777-300ER are throne seats.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/26161365-post1624.html
Old Feb 10, 2016, 7:20 am

The LX Lurker has confirmed that all single Business seats on the 777-300ER are throne seats.
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/26161365-post1624.html
I've seen pictures that confirm it too! Grest that they will try to change the map. Anyway, I'll have to wait at check-in to see if I can grab one of the star seats!
Old Feb 14, 2016, 11:09 am

I didn't find the answer for this..

I'm flying 330-300 with 3 class configuration - selling as 2 class.
Will I be able to choose the 1st class seat on OLCI?
Old Feb 14, 2016, 11:39 am

Originally Posted by ehud
I didn't find the answer for this..

I'm flying 330-300 with 3 class configuration - selling as 2 class.
Will I be able to choose the 1st class seat on OLCI?
What flight?

Generally when a long haul aircraft is used on a route where they only sell 2 classes, first class is closed and seats cannot be chosen.
Depending on the route, first class seats may be chosen at checkin at the airport against cash (I recall something around 750 USD for a single flight on the CAI route when still served by A340 before switching to A32X.)

When F is not in use, as on B777 on the intra-european routes for the moment, the crew may give a F seat at discretion to HON Circle members.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.