Wiki Posts
Search

SWISS Book a Special Surprise doesn't work

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2017, 3:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold MillionMiler
SWISS Book a Special Surprise doesn't work

As I'm not going to be flying with family members on December 24th on LX 15 from JFK-ZRH I thought that it would be a nice little touch to arrange for SWISS's Book a special surprise to have a box of chocolate and a card waiting for them on the plane.
Unfortunately after trying many times on different browsers, with different credit cards, on different days, with different surprise choices, as a guest and logged in with my FF number, and a whole host of different parameters I always got the error message "Special surprise could not be booked as requested. We kindly ask you to try again later. (55915)"
I tried calling SWISS's web help but they were totally useless telling me to try back later.

Has anyone else had similar problems or does anyone know how to make it work?
Just thought that it would be a nice touch as I won't be traveling with family on Christmas
Old Jan 1, 2018, 5:54 pm
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by doubleAAdude
As I'm not going to be flying with family members on December 24th on LX 15 from JFK-ZRH I thought that it would be a nice little touch to arrange for SWISS's Book a special surprise to have a box of chocolate and a card waiting for them on the plane.
Unfortunately after trying many times on different browsers, with different credit cards, on different days, with different surprise choices, as a guest and logged in with my FF number, and a whole host of different parameters I always got the error message "Special surprise could not be booked as requested. We kindly ask you to try again later. (55915)"
I tried calling SWISS's web help but they were totally useless telling me to try back later.

Has anyone else had similar problems or does anyone know how to make it work?
Just thought that it would be a nice touch as I won't be traveling with family on Christmas
About 18 months ago a well-known FTer was flying LX longhaul on his birthday. Some of his friends thought it would be nice to surprise him with a box of chocolate during the flight. We managed to find his booking reference and tried to order a special surprise but without success. I contacted the (then) LX Lurker and found that there were numerous bugs one of which was you could not order a special surprise if there was a flight connection in the ticket.

I also pointed out it should be possible to order a special surprise with just the passenger's name, flight number and date of travel without knowing the booking reference. The lurker agreed but said for several technical reasons, the feature had been disabled but that it should be available again in the near future.
Old Jan 7, 2018, 4:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
.. I contacted the (then) LX Lurker and found that there were numerous bugs one of which was you could not order a special surprise if there was a flight connection in the ticket.

And the inability to order one under those not-so-special circumstances was, I suppose, the special surprise.

It seems an oddly cumbersome procedure, for very little effect. I can't believe that outside our geeky world there's much take up of the offer. Why bother?

On my birthday, celebrated on a Y connection through Zurich, my special surprise was a bottle of champagne from the crew and a sick-bag full of those chocolate squares. Sadly i had to gift the bottle to a randomly selected beautiful stranger because of the security theatre.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.