Do LX release row 1 in F for non SEN?

Old Aug 9, 2017, 6:57 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, *A Silver
Do LX release row 1 in F for non SEN?

Hi FT,

Sorry if this has been answered already, I have had a search.

Flying LX F on A333, 2 pax. (First time flying Swiss)

2 A/D/G are taken, we have been allocated 1&2K, I understand (from calling LX) that row 1 is reserved for SEN. It would be nice to sit together. Do they open this up nearer flight time like BA?

Am I right in thinking we can co dine?

Thanks as ever
Old Aug 9, 2017, 7:42 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Morph90
Hi FT,

2 A/D/G are taken, we have been allocated 1&2K, I understand (from calling LX) that row 1 is reserved for SEN. It would be nice to sit together. Do they open this up nearer flight time like BA?

Thanks as ever
LX usually blocks one or more of the window seats in F but I've never heard of them blocking a middle pair. As there is a partition between D and G, I don't know if I call it sitting together.

Yes, you can use the ottoman which is fitted with a seat belt and dine together. The ottoman may not be terribly comfortable to sit on but the table is certainly large enough.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 7:45 am
Original Poster

Thanks a lot @ NewbieRunner

When I try and change seats in MMB (Say 1G) it pings me back to 2K - LX said I couldn't have any of them as they are held for SEN members and should ask at the airport - seems a bit lame.

Are D/G not like this?
http://svenblogt.boardingarea.com/wp...ssFirst_02.jpg

Easy enough to chat do you think?

Thanks again

Last edited by Morph90; Aug 9, 2017 at 7:54 am
Old Aug 9, 2017, 8:24 am

Programs: LXFF
Honnestly, I would chose two aisle seats for a couple. That way you can actually go see your wife or invite her to eat with you on the ottoman and you don't have to go through the galley to go give her a kiss...
Old Aug 9, 2017, 8:57 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Are D/G not like this?

Thanks again
That looks like 2D/G. Here's 1D/G.
Attached Images  
Old Aug 9, 2017, 10:33 am

Programs: SEN LH Hyatt Globalist AA EXP

When I try and change seats in MMB (Say 1G) it pings me back to 2K - LX said I couldn't have any of them as they are held for SEN members and should ask at the airport - seems a bit lame.

Are D/G not like this?

Thanks again
I typically seat 1D/G or 2D/G when travelling LX F with my wife. In order to chat you need to bend forward a little bit because of the divider. Personally I prefer this arrangement rather than being one behind the other in A or K. On the other hand, the main advantage of the windows seats is the fact that you can close the shades at your will. After take off I don't see a reason to keep the shades up, if I watch a movie, work or try to sleep I prefer them closed, too often people keep them open for no reason. Personal preference I guess.
Old Aug 9, 2017, 10:43 am

Programs: SEN LH Hyatt Globalist AA EXP

Are D/G not like this?

Thanks again
I typically seat 1D/G or 2D/G when travelling LX F with my wife. In order to chat you need to bend forward a little bit because of the divider. Personally I prefer this arrangement rather than being one behind the other in A or K. On the other hand, the main advantage of the windows seats is the fact that you can close the shades at your will. After take off I don't see a reason to keep the shades up, if I watch a movie, work or try to sleep I prefer them closed, too often people keep them open for no reason. Personal preference I guess.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 2:58 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the tips.

Making changes within the app, no error is shown but the changes don't stick after saving, from website the below error is returned

For technical reasons, your seats cannot be changed online. Please contact our Service Center.
(D/G - Not windows)

Will try calling again, HUACA if needed.

No stress LX reserving seats for SEN, but I do expect to be able to have seats together considering the whole front row is available, not unreasonable? Both pax on same ticket.

Edit: They will not relent, has to be done at airport. I'm looking forward to flying Swiss, but this first experience is rather annoying (I totally appreciate 1st world problems) Flying LH F on return, can select any seat I like.

Last edited by Morph90; Aug 10, 2017 at 3:35 am
Old Aug 10, 2017, 3:58 am

Programs: LH SEN, HH Dia
I have a strange case, too. Booked ZRH-ORD-ZRH in F as an award for 2 persons, both SEN. I selected 1D/1G on both flights, but for some unknown reason the 1D seat allocation for the 2nd person on the return flight was silently ignored.

On swiss.com I can no longer edit the seats for that flight and see the message: "This option is not available for your flight. For further information please refer to our Conditions seat selection". Since we are both SEN and this is First, I do not think it is a condition issue.

I called the Swiss SEN hotline yesterday and they promised me to change that (it could take a few hours), but checking today nothing has changed.

Since I do not expect that anyone will prefer 1D (with a stranger sitting in 1G) over a window seat, I am sure it will work out at the airport.
Old Aug 10, 2017, 11:47 am

Programs: LX SEN
Strange explanations by LX: I am not a SEN and was able to book the 2 middle seats of row 1 without any prob on the 777 on a long haul flight that took place last Sunday.

Morph90, you got F tickets so you deserve a F class treatment!

When I fly Y, I do not expect much from an airline. But I do not believe that F or C travellers should accept this type of behaviour...
Old Aug 10, 2017, 12:28 pm
RJ1

Thanks for the tips.

Making changes within the app, no error is shown but the changes don't stick after saving, from website the below error is returned

Quote:
For technical reasons, your seats cannot be changed online. Please contact our Service Center.
This is the same message I get when I attempt to reserve or change seats on a *A award ticket (J).
Old Aug 10, 2017, 1:29 pm

LX blocks some seats in premium classes as "facility seats" but in F they are usually window seats and seem to vary from flight to flight. Some discussion on the topic here". Since 2D/G are already taken it's possible that they are keeping 1D/G in case a passenger with status and his/her companion want them.

Sometimes contacting LX in Basel by phone or via an online form does the trick.
Old Aug 11, 2017, 4:05 pm

Programs: LH SEN, A3*G, IHG plat, DB Comfort, SPG gold
The problems you seem to be facing when allocating/changing seats seem to be quite common for LX's online interface - so far, I have only tried to change seat allocations twice when flying in F, and in both cases the change wasn't reflected after saving, other than that the newly selected seat turned up as occupied after re-loading the seatmap (I managed to block every seat in the cabin after trying repeatedly). In both instances, I called the hotline who were able to help me, even though they weren't particulatly helpful.

In one case, I were even able to reserve one of the blocked seats with the hotline, even though there were issues similar to reserving the seat upon checkin (which was made at a LH counter). At first, the agent said that he had to change my seat assignment, as the originally reserved seat was already occupied by someone else, but in the end, the BP showed my originally booked seat. This is definitely something they need to improve, but until that might happen, the hotline is probably the safest option for seat reservations.
Old Aug 12, 2017, 3:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Hi FT,

Thanks as ever
I've managed to have row 1 several times as a FTL. It was allocated at check in. I must say, 1A (in new First) was a very nice seat but a tad noisy due to proximity to the galley.

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
That looks like 2D/G. Here's 1D/G.
That's new First. Four times out of six I have had old First, which is quite disappointing by comparison (better not to know what new First is). The ZRH-LAX is a particular culprit for this. But that is a different discussion.
Old Aug 12, 2017, 3:40 am

Programs: LH SEN, A3*G, IHG plat, DB Comfort, SPG gold
I don't really understand the hype about row 1 anyway (particularly, I don't really understand why those seats would be blocked as "premium seats"). It's probably a different thing in the nose of a 747, but when I consider row 1 vs. row 2, I cannot really find anything that would be better in row 1 (except for the shorter distance to the lavs); on the contrary, in my experience, row 2 feels more airy (as you're not looking directly at the bulkhead), nobody will walk past you on their way to the lav, you're not in the direct view of passengers seated behind you and it's usually also a bit brighter, as on many planes row 1 is missing one window. Additionally, row 2 on the LX A340 has slightly more storage space (the "shoe rack" next to the window). Personally, I would always prefer row 2 over row 1.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.