Wiki Posts
Search

Upgrading from K

Search this Thread

Old Oct 1, 2016, 6:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan
Upgrading from K

My company booked me YOW-YUL-ZRH-NUE on AC/SWISS on Economy K, which accrues no Air Canada Aeroplan points. Can I (well, my work, as I can't change the booking) upgrade the booking class with cash to a higher-level economy class so I can gain points?
Old Oct 1, 2016, 8:07 am

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
It depends on your fare, if you can buy up to a higher Y booking class. There is no flat fee to do this fare-upgrade, your ticket will be re-calculated and any rebooking fee will apply. If your ticket is issued through a travel agency, you need to do the changes there, LX will not touch your ticket.

At the airport, you can ask for an cash upgrade into C-cl, if seats are available. But IIRC, you won't get the C-cl miles credited. You will get the miles for your original ticket, K-cl in your case. More information about the C-cl upgrades, you will find here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/swiss...ort-swiss.html
Old Oct 4, 2016, 7:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: Aeroplan
Originally Posted by Air Rarotonga
It depends on your fare, if you can buy up to a higher Y booking class. There is no flat fee to do this fare-upgrade, your ticket will be re-calculated and any rebooking fee will apply. If your ticket is issued through a travel agency, you need to do the changes there, LX will not touch your ticket.

At the airport, you can ask for an cash upgrade into C-cl, if seats are available. But IIRC, you won't get the C-cl miles credited. You will get the miles for your original ticket, K-cl in your case. More information about the C-cl upgrades, you will find here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/swiss...ort-swiss.html
Thanks!
Old Oct 4, 2016, 8:00 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Or submit a bid to upgrade via myoffer, which rebooks you into P.
Old Oct 21, 2016, 2:52 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, SPG+Marriott Platinum, National Executive Elite
Originally Posted by oliver2002
Or submit a bid to upgrade via myoffer, which rebooks you into P.
How do you do this? Can I do this if I booked flight on UA with LX codeshare?
Old Oct 22, 2016, 6:49 am

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
Originally Posted by rockyb
No, I don't think so... But it is not specified or excluded on the LX site:
https://www.swiss.com/ch/en/book/swi...pgrade-bargain

Old Oct 22, 2016, 8:04 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by rockyb
Very, very likely not ... in good approximation: nothing works on code shares.
Old Dec 9, 2016, 11:00 am

Programs: SEN**, Ex TK Elite+, Ex IB Sapphire, Hyatt Gold, Bonvoy, Meliá Platinum
Originally Posted by Lantern17
My company booked me YOW-YUL-ZRH-NUE on AC/SWISS on Economy K, which accrues no Air Canada Aeroplan points. Can I (well, my work, as I can't change the booking) upgrade the booking class with cash to a higher-level economy class so I can gain points?
You can't do anything with K class interconti no changes, no refunds, no mileage on most *A carriers, although you get tiny amount on M&M table. You cannot even book a seat!
Sorry, you are in a big "s****" this time!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.