Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Travel&Dining > Travel Safety/Security > Trusted Travelers
Reload this Page >

Global Entry for Swiss Citizens

Old Jun 1, 2016, 10:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: *G

Does anyone have any idea when I'll be able to apply? I'm Swiss and we formally agreed to join GE in December

https://www.admin.ch/gov/en/start/do...-id-60013.html

but the website still won't tell me I'm eligible. What's been the precedent for new countries to join?
Old Jun 1, 2016, 11:12 pm

Programs: 1 thousand
Originally Posted by Smiley90
Does anyone have any idea when I'll be able to apply? I'm Swiss and we formally agreed to join GE in December

but the website still won't tell me I'm eligible. What's been the precedent for new countries to join?
Interesting. I haven't been able to find any other information yet, and this seems to just be a declaration of intent - I presume they're still working on the technical details?

It took a few months from rumours of UK GE membership to it actually happening, I can't imagine it taking that much longer for CH (especially given they're way more organised about things), but given the lack of news it might be worth getting in touch with SEM or CBP?

Also interesting that this seems to be unilateral, not that there's much point in a Swiss trusted traveller program given how efficient the border processing there is.
Old Jun 1, 2016, 11:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by televisor
Interesting. I haven't been able to find any other information yet, and this seems to just be a declaration of intent - I presume they're still working on the technical details?

It took a few months from rumours of UK GE membership to it actually happening, I can't imagine it taking that much longer for CH (especially given they're way more organised about things), but given the lack of news it might be worth getting in touch with SEM or CBP?

Also interesting that this seems to be unilateral, not that there's much point in a Swiss trusted traveller program given how efficient the border processing there is.
No, intent news have been out for > year, december I think was the ACTUAL agreement to join. So... Just waiting.

And well, Global Entry is... Global? lol
Old Jun 29, 2016, 5:56 pm
Marriott 5+ BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Swiss citizens now eligible for Global Entry (to be implemented)

So, I've searched the forums and have not found any references to this anywhere. On Dec 16th 2015, Switzerland and the United States signed an agreement that Switzerland would join the Global Entry program and Swiss citizens would be eligible.

References:
http://www.swissinfo.ch/eng/global-e...entry/41843664

I am finding very little information about this online; and I am not able to find a timeline on the implementation of this. 6 months have elapsed since the announcement, but it does not seem like anything has happened yet.

Does anyone have any more information?
Old Jun 30, 2016, 3:39 am

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold
As this thread is not related to LX or Miles and More, I will move it to the Trusted Travelers forum.

Have a nice day

totti
Moderator M&M forum
Old Jun 30, 2016, 3:42 am

They've only signed a declaration of intent, I wouldn't get too excited about it yet.

I'm guessing the main wait is for the Swiss side to get the background checks setup, followed by the relevant IT integration with CBP - I can see that taking a while.
Old Jan 11, 2017, 9:22 pm

Programs: BA GGL
Well it has now been officially announced for feb 1st 2017
Old Jan 11, 2017, 9:30 pm

Full announcement:
http://www.ejpd.admin.ch/ejpd/de/hom...17-01-111.html

Costs 100 CHF to get a fedpol assessment, plus CHF 20 for the Strafregisterauszug (on top of the $100 GE fee). That seems quite a bit more expensive than e.g. the UK equivalent (GBP 42, which is about 50 CHF with current rates).
Old Jan 11, 2017, 11:57 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Marriott Amb; Hyatt Globalist; Shangri-la Diamond; IHG SpireAmb; Hilton D; Accor G
Amazing; best news I heard all day! I've been waiting for this for a long time.

This is almost not useful to me anymore considering I almost have a green card… but still might get me GE a few months earlier.
Old Jan 15, 2017, 11:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Great News! Thankfully I received Canadian PR this summer and get GE that way (through Nexus) but this will help a lot of people I'm sure.
Old Mar 2, 2017, 2:56 pm

Fedpol took 25 days to process. Now I filled the GOES form and have to wait some more.
Old Mar 6, 2017, 12:24 pm

Originally Posted by f4free
Fedpol took 25 days to process. Now I filled the GOES form and have to wait some more.
Is there a guide on how to apply?
Old Mar 30, 2017, 12:33 am

Originally Posted by helvetic
Is there a guide on how to apply?
I suspect you may have found this by now, but in case others are looking for it: https://www.fedpol.admin.ch/fedpol/e...bal-entry.html

Took about three weeks on Switzerland's end, but I'm still waiting to see an update on the global entry website. 5 weeks and counting...
Old Jan 7, 2018, 1:31 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Continental OnePass, Virgin Atlantic Flying Club, British Airways Executive Club
I applied on the GOES website (now TTP) using a Swiss passport on Sep 3, 2017 after completing the Swiss Fedpol steps. Since then I've still been waiting for conditional approval, has anyone been successful yet in getting Global Entry as a non-resident on a Swiss passport?
Old Oct 20, 2023, 5:27 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, DL Silver, IHG Diamond Elite, Marriot Gold, HHonors Gold
Whenever I enter the US on Global Entry I am issued a I-94 with the admission class WB (Waiver Business). Is that normal?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.