Search

Have not been issued e-ticket for a few days now - IST-ZRH

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2016, 5:32 am
zxd
Original Poster

Programs: A3
Have not been issued e-ticket for a few days now - IST-ZRH

I booked a flight IST-ZRH, one way as I have my leg into IST from Turkish on a separate ticket.

I upgraded using the comfort package as well. After a few days now of waiting, I still have not received an e-ticket. I called Swiss and lady on the phone put my on hold for roughly 15 minutes. My ticket total was approximately 480 Turkish Lira which converts to about 150-160 CHF or USD (depending on exchange rate at the time).

She came back on the phone and said, "oh we have to convert your ticket into Swiss Francs so we can issue the ticket, it's going to be about 600 Swiss Francs", I said no no STOP STOP, stop everything you're doing, don't convert it because obviously you do not have the correct exchange rate.

I asked her, what happens normally if I do not call, does my e-ticket get issued then automatically at some point? Does anyone have the answer to this?

It currently shows my booking, with the comfort package booked, so I'm booked in Z (business class), but I show no e-ticket number. And I'm very scared and this booking can just disappear and I'm stuck then with no ticket in hand. Can anyone please advise what to do?
Old Feb 10, 2016, 6:57 am

Programs: UA, TK, Starwood > Marriott, Hilton, Accor
Don't panic. You will have a booking confirmation including itinerary and price details from when you booked. That's your claim.

Not sure where you left it with Swiss when you called them - what were they promising to do? And when is your trip? Sometimes it can take up to 7 days for an e-ticket to be issued. After that time (or if your trip is in the immediate future), follow up with Swiss referring to your confirmation and insist on it being honored. Be friendly, but firm.
Old Feb 13, 2016, 1:20 am
zxd
Original Poster

Programs: A3
Really ridiculous situation. The e ticket still has not been issued yet, at the IST and waiting for their counter to open, also called Swiss multiple times. First I heard you don't need a e ticket, then that I need to check-in online, then the guy realized I couldn't check in because I didn't have an e ticket.

Finally he said he has to forward it to the ticketing department and I have to wait an hour or two. Called back again and said my booking must have been an error because the price I paid is normally for a economy ticket.... I had to explain to him that I booked economy and then booked the comfort package to get to business. Had to explain this several times. He checked on something and finally realized apparently that my ticket must be issued manually.

So now they're trying to issue my ticket manually, I came to the airport early as I thought I could check in on line, get in early and use the lounge but now waiting to someone manually issue an e ticket.

If anyone is flying with Swiss outbound from IST, watch out for this. I should have done as what the above said and called maybe a day before (but actually you shouldn't have to call and repeatedly follow up on a booking like this)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.