Search

Second Name on ticket? But not in *A G

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2015, 12:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt DIA, IHG PLT AMB, TK Elite Gold, SPG Gold
Second Name on ticket? But not in *A G

Hi

I bougt a Biz Ticket Rome-ZRH-GRU-ZRH-Rome which will give me enough miles to requalify my *A G with Turkish. So for once I decided to go to the Swiss Ticket Office in Zürich. Gave the Person all my Informations and also the Card of Turkish to add to the Booking.

So later when I came home I saw that she also put my middle Name on the Ticket. So my Name appears PHILIPPURS H now instead of PHILIPP H like on the TK Card.

I sent Swiss a question about this, why they do put like this... Their answer was, irrelevant, saying I dont need to put my middle name... (yes when I book over the computer I dont put, they put in their office!)

Anyone having experiences with this? I want to be sure to get the miles to requalify
Old Jul 3, 2015, 1:12 pm

My Aegean account also states no middle name.
On most of my bookings I use my middle name as well (so it matches to the one in the Passport ).
No problems so far, Miles were credited without any problems in the past.

They also check birthday when crediting miles, so a missing middle name should not cause any issues
Old Jul 3, 2015, 10:54 pm

Programs: LX SEN, AFKL Platinum, BA Bronze,
Most of my bookings are made through a TA who do the same and put in (part of) my middle name, other bookings don't use middle name. Never ever had a problem. (No personal experience with TK M&S but plenty with other programs)

Similar for the OH, using maiden name, married name or both: never an issue.

As long as last name and number match, I'd certainly expect no problems.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.