Wiki Posts
Search

First to Bangkok

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30, 2015, 12:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold
First to Bangkok

For 900 E extra i can fly first from Zurich to Bangkok.I have never flown first. What do you think? Worth it?
Old Jun 30, 2015, 12:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by scubadave
For 900 E extra i can fly first from Zurich to Bangkok.I have never flown first. What do you think? Worth it?
First, is First
However it's the old F on 340, well past its 'sell by date' & LX are cutting costs like LH & only 1 lav when it's 8/8 is not nice for F

QR have excellent F fares out of CDG, latest product, really First class ^
Old Jun 30, 2015, 12:53 pm

As already posted in many threads here, the old F on A340 is really comfy for sitting and sleeping, although it is not the latest bling-bling like on other airlines.

LX First Class service has always been top and food excellent (at least on my LX F flights).
For me 1 lav has never been a problem, even when 8/8.
Old Jul 1, 2015, 12:12 am

Fly CX: they have 6 seats in first and 2 lavatories (if we are going by ratio of seats to lavatories indicates superiority)!
Old Jul 1, 2015, 6:38 am

I agree: CX F is superior over LH and LX in basically all aspects (other than the FCL/FCT for LH).
I personally don't like the old 340 F seats on Swiss. These seats belong into the last century. Also food in LX has deteriorated somewhat over the last few years. And only one lav for 8 passengers + the crew is just not enough, especially when people want to change in the morning.
But if you compare LX F to BA, UA or AA F it is still superior.

At a similar price (and similary flying time/connections) I would pick CX over LX in a heartbeat but LX is also acceptable if they are significantly cheaper.
The ME3 also have reasonably good products and often very good prices in F, but I try to avoid them on night flights. I rather have around 8 uninterrupted hours to sleep.
Old Jul 5, 2015, 10:34 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
As everybody is trying to entice the OP to go for CX F, i say it won't be feasable as he's going ZRH-BKK......

To OP: what do you value?

Lounge, better/more food, more luggage allowance - choose F
A good night's sleep - then choose C which is quite sufficient
Old Jul 5, 2015, 3:23 pm

Programs: LH SEN* (*G), EBG (*G)
I would be tempted.

Its still F, nice food and sevice, and spacious. I guess CX will be lots more expensive.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.