Wiki Posts
Search

Dear SWISS Lurker Nice customer service, again

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2015, 4:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: Miles&More ; A3*G
Thumbs up Nice customer service, again

Hello, I just wanted to say "thanks" to Swiss Team.

On day 27th of February I was on the flight LX92 ZRH-GRU, seat 23D. My video system was not working properly and so I asked a flight attendant (Justine) for help. She asked her colleagues for a reset of the system. Still not working. Another reset. Not working again. Apparently seat 23 A and B, F G were working. Don't know about E as the lady was not using her monitor. Well... Usually I watch at 2 or 3 films during this 12 hours flight but it was not a big problem to stay without it this time.

A couple of hours before landing, an attendant from Business class (don't remember his name, sorry) came to me to apologize for the problem and gave me a small card "Our apologies for the inconvenience" (2000 miles or 50 CHF discount).

Nice example of good customer service. Thanks!
Old Mar 2, 2015, 9:14 am

Programs: LX *SEN, A3*G
I've been hearing a lot of comments about Swiss's IFE problems lately, especially with the a340 fleet.

My wife flew sfo-zrh in Business, last month, the flight was operated by HB-JMA, and her IFE wasn't working either, after a couple of resets she gave up. The attendant told her that the plane is "very old".

I have to book a flight to HKG, but all this problems with the IFE are making me have second thoughts about booking it with Swiss.
Old Mar 2, 2015, 9:28 am

Personally on a flight to HKG i.e., I eat and then sleep. I don't need IFE.
If I switch IFE on, it is just to get a look at the airshow.
Or I use my iPod/iPad with my favorite stuff.

Last year on CAI-ZRH (A343), the MdC offered around 8000 (if I recall right) miles compensation in C for an IFE that did not work during the first 30 min. into the flight.

HB-JMA is from 2003; the 6 oldest LX A343 (from 1996-1997) will start to leave the fleet in 2016 when the first B777 arrive.
Old Mar 2, 2015, 2:32 pm

Programs: LH SENATOR
Originally Posted by PetzLUX
Personally on a flight to HKG i.e., I eat and then sleep. I don't need IFE.
If I switch IFE on, it is just to get a look at the airshow.
Or I use my iPod/iPad with my favorite stuff.

Last year on CAI-ZRH (A343), the MdC offered around 8000 (if I recall right) miles compensation in C for an IFE that did not work during the first 30 min. into the flight.

HB-JMA is from 2003; the 6 oldest LX A343 (from 1996-1997) will start to leave the fleet in 2016 when the first B777 arrive.
The IFE system on the A340 fleet is a real disaster; the remote control also doesn't function properly on quite a few aircraft. The worst, those planes are used on the longest routes within the LX network. It's true the oldest A340's will leave the fleet next year, however the IFE system (Although identical to the other A340's) is 5 - 6 years newer and more efficient given the planes received a brand new cabin when leased by LX.
Old Mar 3, 2015, 3:33 am

Originally Posted by LXA350
The IFE system on the A340 fleet is a real disaster; the remote control also doesn't function properly on quite a few aircraft. The worst, those planes are used on the longest routes within the LX network. It's true the oldest A340's will leave the fleet next year, however the IFE system (Although identical to the other A340's) is 5 - 6 years newer and more efficient given the planes received a brand new cabin when leased by LX.
Well, IFE on both planes isn't state of the art anymore for sure. A330's at least have an USB charging port, A340 have absolutely nothing (talking about Y)

In Y, a fully working IFE without any issues (either a control which plays around, or resets during the flight, or other issues) is rather rare, I would say <25%. Almost never does the headseat work on both ears, etc.

I'd say with LX, bringing your personal equipment is quite important unless you enjoy to complain ;-)

With the 777s coming, you can change complaining about a terrible IFE against complaining about much tighter seats with even less legroom
Old Mar 3, 2015, 3:43 am
Company Representative - Swiss Airlines

Programs: Miles & More (LX)
Originally Posted by Giamasetti
Hello, I just wanted to say "thanks" to Swiss Team.

On day 27th of February I was on the flight LX92 ZRH-GRU, seat 23D. My video system was not working properly and so I asked a flight attendant (Justine) for help. She asked her colleagues for a reset of the system. Still not working. Another reset. Not working again. Apparently seat 23 A and B, F G were working. Don't know about E as the lady was not using her monitor. Well... Usually I watch at 2 or 3 films during this 12 hours flight but it was not a big problem to stay without it this time.

A couple of hours before landing, an attendant from Business class (don't remember his name, sorry) came to me to apologize for the problem and gave me a small card "Our apologies for the inconvenience" (2000 miles or 50 CHF discount).

Nice example of good customer service. Thanks!
Dear Giamasetti,

I'm glad to hear that the inconvenience with your IFE could be solved to your satisfaction. My apologies again and looking forward to seeing you on one of our planes again, soon!

Best regards from ZRH,
Nick

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.