Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Dear SWISS Lurker So fed up with online check in issues ex Germany

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2014, 2:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: No more shiny cards -- former LH SEN, SPG Platinum, Flying Blue Platinum, BA Silver
So fed up with online check in issues ex Germany

Having been passed from Lufthansa web support ("sorry sir, you are wrong and we are right, the policy changed and you now need to check in online with Swiss") to Swiss web support ("sorry sir, you are right and Lufthansa web support is wrong") I was given, by Swiss, another phone number for web support.

Unfortunately it was for Lifthansa web support.

This is now multiple times that I've had issues with checking in for flights ex Germany and no one can explain why.

Please clarify once and for all what we poor human beings that pay lots of money for

-- check in online with ex Germany;
-- 220 ticket stock;
-- Swiss coded flights

Thank you,

"Exasperated in Germany and hoping to get home"
Old Nov 20, 2014, 1:47 am
Company Representative - Swiss Airlines

Programs: Miles & More (LX)
Originally Posted by pdsuk
Having been passed from Lufthansa web support ("sorry sir, you are wrong and we are right, the policy changed and you now need to check in online with Swiss") to Swiss web support ("sorry sir, you are right and Lufthansa web support is wrong") I was given, by Swiss, another phone number for web support.

Unfortunately it was for Lifthansa web support.

This is now multiple times that I've had issues with checking in for flights ex Germany and no one can explain why.

Please clarify once and for all what we poor human beings that pay lots of money for

-- check in online with ex Germany;
-- 220 ticket stock;
-- Swiss coded flights

Thank you,

"Exasperated in Germany and hoping to get home"
Dear pdsuk,

I'm sorry to hear your online check-in ex Germany has not worked out well lately.

May I ask you to specify what exactly has not been working for you? Then I'll be happy trying to find an answer for you. And out of which airport(s) have you experienced these issues?

Best regards from ZRH,
Nick
Old Nov 20, 2014, 2:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: No more shiny cards -- former LH SEN, SPG Platinum, Flying Blue Platinum, BA Silver
When I try to check in via Lufthansa.com, it tells me "you are not checked in, please phone web support / contact a ticket desk"

When I contact Lufthansa web support, they tell me that I need to check in via Swiss.com as the flight i am trying to check in for is on an LX flight code (even though it is departing from Germany).

When I tell them that Swiss.com automatically redirects to Lufthansa.com they continue to tell me that I am wrong.

So I then contacted Swiss web support, who say to me that Lufthansa web support are wrong and that I need to check in via Lufthansa.com as the flight is leaving from Germany and they cannot help me.

So in this instance, the LH Group is running around in circles pointing fingers at each other and clearly very, very uninformed.

For your information these are always the second / return legs of a 220 Lufthansa ticket, they are not booked as codeshares but under the LX flight number.
Old Nov 24, 2014, 5:05 am
Company Representative - Swiss Airlines

Programs: Miles & More (LX)
Originally Posted by pdsuk
When I try to check in via Lufthansa.com, it tells me "you are not checked in, please phone web support / contact a ticket desk"

When I contact Lufthansa web support, they tell me that I need to check in via Swiss.com as the flight i am trying to check in for is on an LX flight code (even though it is departing from Germany).

When I tell them that Swiss.com automatically redirects to Lufthansa.com they continue to tell me that I am wrong.

So I then contacted Swiss web support, who say to me that Lufthansa web support are wrong and that I need to check in via Lufthansa.com as the flight is leaving from Germany and they cannot help me.

So in this instance, the LH Group is running around in circles pointing fingers at each other and clearly very, very uninformed.

For your information these are always the second / return legs of a 220 Lufthansa ticket, they are not booked as codeshares but under the LX flight number.
Dear pdsuk,

I am currently investigating the issue and will try to find a clarification for the problem at hand. I will get back to you as soon as I have gathered more information on this. I hope for your understanding.

Best regards from ZRH,
Nick

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.