Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SWISS introduces "SWISS Choice" (seat reservation, ancillary services)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2014, 7:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: LX SEN
SWISS introduces "SWISS Choice" (seat reservation, ancillary services)

SWISS is about to launch its SWISS choice options.
Advanced seat reservation against a fee will be available from 8th of July.
Costs are segment based and range between 9CHF and 99CHF.

Company presentation
Fact-Sheet

Last edited by alinghi90; Jun 24, 2014 at 7:37 am
Old Jun 24, 2014, 1:54 pm

I hope for them that it will work better than current seat reservation for SEN/HON, which is not working at all for the last couple month..

And obviously that means that as SEN I can forget to get an exit row, someone will have "bough" it will ahead..

Oh well, EK does usually offer better fares (and much more often Op-Ups) anyway..
Old Jun 25, 2014, 4:21 am

Programs: TK: Elite, BA: Silver, A3: Gold, AB: Platinum, SPG: Platinum, Hilton: Diamond
Looking Forward to fly TK, BA, CX, QR etc. more often than SWISS.
Old Jun 25, 2014, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
what's next? 6A, 8A, 10A, 12A going for $199?

They can't even fix getting seats in C-class online right now; I am wondering how they think they can handle the eco seat charges.
Old Jun 25, 2014, 4:04 pm

Originally Posted by cfischer
what's next? 6A, 8A, 10A, 12A going for $199?

They can't even fix getting seats in C-class online right now; I am wondering how they think they can handle the eco seat charges.
I've reported the issue (not-working seat reservations) to the Swiss Lurker a few days ago..

It really surprises me that LX apparently wasn't even aware of that issue - which is existing since the website downgrade - eeeeh "enhancement" - for at least 2 months now..
Old Jun 25, 2014, 4:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
I've reported the issue (not-working seat reservations) to the Swiss Lurker a few days ago..

It really surprises me that LX apparently wasn't even aware of that issue - which is existing since the website downgrade - eeeeh "enhancement" - for at least 2 months now..
hence my comment ... they can't even figure that out, how should they get a complex matrix of seat charges going?
Old Jun 26, 2014, 2:48 am

Programs: TK: Elite, BA: Silver, A3: Gold, AB: Platinum, SPG: Platinum, Hilton: Diamond
Oh, I can imagine scenes @the CI Counter, when it becomes obvious, that the cabin class divider on short haul routes has been moved. The Pax will receive a new seat anywhere in the cabin, because the seats which are NOW right behind the C CL are already booked by HON/SEN.
Option 2: SWISS will move the HON/SEN, so the Pax who paid for his seat behind the C CL, receives one right behind the C CL. Simply great.
Old Jun 26, 2014, 6:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LH2100
Oh, I can imagine scenes @the CI Counter, when it becomes obvious, that the cabin class divider on short haul routes has been moved. The Pax will receive a new seat anywhere in the cabin, because the seats which are NOW right behind the C CL are already booked by HON/SEN.
Option 2: SWISS will move the HON/SEN, so the Pax who paid for his seat behind the C CL, receives one right behind the C CL. Simply great.
Actually no 2 is entirely correct! The guidance issued states that in case of aircraft change or other IRROPS those who have paid ASR should be reseated first.
Old Jul 2, 2014, 3:26 pm
Suspended

Exclamation New Swiss services - booking and inflight

Just read about a couple of new services in the Swiss onboard magazine:

i.e.
Seat selection at time of booking for a fee. Similar to other airlines with different prices for seats - front / exit row more expensive than the ones in the back.

Requesting special treats such as champagne, cake etc.

Exact details here

I think that`s a smart move.

Last edited by SwissCircle; Jul 2, 2014 at 3:31 pm
Old Jul 3, 2014, 12:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: LX SEN
Is already discussed in this thread:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/swiss...-services.html
Old Jul 10, 2014, 6:03 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Any experiences with this beautiful feature two days after its introduction?

Do they train SENs and HONs to loose their seats to "revenue passengers" already so that they won't miss the 'benefit' upon its abolition in 2016?
Old Jul 10, 2014, 6:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by weero
Any experiences with this beautiful feature two days after its introduction?

Do they train SENs and HONs to loose their seats to "revenue passengers" already so that they won't miss the 'benefit' upon its abolition in 2016?
Well, as I posted above the official policy that paid ASR pax get priority over SEN/HON in the case of IRROPS which encompasses a very broad variety of situations.
Old Jul 10, 2014, 10:04 pm

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by hugolover
Well, as I posted above the official policy that paid ASR pax get priority over SEN/HON in the case of IRROPS which encompasses a very broad variety of situations.
So have you experienced it?

I think that this 'rule' is not just for the money grab but to untrain the former elites to have any demands above trinkets.
Old Jul 30, 2014, 8:42 pm

Programs: United 1P, Hertz Gold #1 5*, Avis First, HH Gold, Marriott Silver
Unable to assign seat

I booked a ticket through our corporate travel agent for a code-shared flight (LX metal with UA number and UA ticket stock). Now, I'm unable to reserve a seat in advance. Tried calling Swiss and was told that beginning this July, it is no longer possible to book seats for code-shares

Now I'm disappointed... might have to endure a middle seat on a TATL flight.
Any way around this? I flew Swiss in November under a similar arrangement and was able to reserve a seat online.
Old Jul 31, 2014, 9:49 pm

I think you have to book at least 72 hours before. after that you can't.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.