Wiki Posts
Search

Dear SWISS Lurker Please feed back to your iPhone app team

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2017, 6:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, SBB-CFF-FFS GA-AG, SNCF Grand Voyageur LeClub
Dear Chiara,

Since the standard reply from who ever is the Swiss Lurker of the moment on this forum is always "we'll pass the message on" to the team dealing with this and since the iPhone app hasn't been updated in a meaningful way in a looooong time, I have a question: *is* there actually a standing team maintaining the app? Or do you outsource this work three times a year to an amateur bunch who try to make sense of the feedback and whatever doesn't make into the launch will be released several months later?

Again, this is by far the worst airline app around, and I am familiar with quite a number of other poor ones, but unfortunately it is also the one that I use the most, hence why it is so aggravating. The lack of responsiveness to some really basic issues since 30 (!!!) months makes me and others wonder about how electronic channels are maintained by LX. The website is poor as well, topped only by the mobile app, but is there anyone who actually (i) cares and (ii) does something about it?

Just wondering.
Old Feb 27, 2017, 8:25 am
Company Representative - Swiss Airlines

Programs: Miles & More (LX)
Originally Posted by San Gottardo
Dear Chiara,

Since the standard reply from who ever is the Swiss Lurker of the moment on this forum is always "we'll pass the message on" to the team dealing with this and since the iPhone app hasn't been updated in a meaningful way in a looooong time, I have a question: *is* there actually a standing team maintaining the app? Or do you outsource this work three times a year to an amateur bunch who try to make sense of the feedback and whatever doesn't make into the launch will be released several months later?

Again, this is by far the worst airline app around, and I am familiar with quite a number of other poor ones, but unfortunately it is also the one that I use the most, hence why it is so aggravating. The lack of responsiveness to some really basic issues since 30 (!!!) months makes me and others wonder about how electronic channels are maintained by LX. The website is poor as well, topped only by the mobile app, but is there anyone who actually (i) cares and (ii) does something about it?

Just wondering.

Dear San Gottardo,

I sincerely apologize for this back and forth thread, which still hasn't solved any of the problems you've mentioned previously.

Our e-Commerce and Web Check-In Support team just received another e-mail from us with a list of all the problems in the app. If possible, we would like to contact you personally via phone on either the 8th or 9th March 2017. Please send us your phone number, on which we can reach you, to [email protected]. We would then be pleased to give you a feedback from our side regarding the progress of the case being handled and update you with the improvements of the app following your feedback.

I want to apologize for all these inconveniences our app has caused and am looking forward to your e-mail.

Kind regards,

Leslie
Old Jun 28, 2017, 3:27 am
Original Poster

This thread is now three years old, and I would like to use the opportunity to summarize the progress that has been made in addressing the shortcomings of the iPhone app.

Here is the summary of all improvements over the past three years:

(empty)

Exactly. Nothing. Zilch. Nada. In three years.

It is pathetic, but even three years after strong feedback and plenty of assurances to its customers LX still has an iPhone app out there that is just terrible to use:
  • Unstable, with random requests to login, which is then not recognised
  • Slow
  • Unintuitive layout
  • Difficult to use, with lots of small print - more like the general conditions of an insurance contract than a modern digital customer interface
  • Overview of bookings: well, it's actually impossible to get an overview. Instead of just writing the date and the route the app only shows one city in the itinerary and one of the travel dates
  • Boarding passes are imported in wallet but not put on top of the stack. All my LX boarding passes are stored in June 2016, so I need to scroll through all the boarding passes that I've had since to access the LX ones
  • Check-in extremely tedious: one needs to re-enter all personal information (passport, etc) every time

I am being assured that feedback is forwarded to the "dvelopment team" - but I am convinced that there isn't such a team. The history of updates suggests that minor cosmetic updates are released every six months, which suggests that some minimal budget is devoted to paying a bunch of amateur developers (maybe a school project at some Kantonsschule somewhere around Zurich or Basel) every six months who then fiddle around with a couple of graphics but basically have absolutely no clue of how such an app is used by travelers.

Of all the airline iPhone apps that I use this is *by far* the worst, the biggest piece of junk that actually I have on my phone. But since I travel with LX several times a week I don't have any good alternatives (printing out paper etc. even less convenient).

So, please, Swiss, could you make a serious effort and fix at least the worst problems: have boarding passes stored in the right place in the Wallet stack, and make check-in simpler. That relieves a lot of the pain, and we'll then be a little more patient with the other things such as - excuse me, plainly idiotic - layout and structure of the app.

Thanks.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 5:51 am

I never use the app since it's junk, but it's true that in this modern world, with everything centered around the mobile phone, it's pretty much outrageous that a company such as Swiss doesn't have a decent app. So many companies do a GREAT job but Swiss doesn't seem to care.
It's not that it's SOO expensive (compared to the massive budget of an airline) to develop a good phone app.
Old Jun 28, 2017, 12:32 pm

This thread is now three years old, and I would like to use the opportunity to summarize the progress that has been made in addressing the shortcomings of the iPhone app.

Here is the summary of all improvements over the past three years:

(empty)

Exactly. Nothing. Zilch. Nada. In three years.
I was wondering if you ended up meeting them in March as proposed and if yes, how was that?
Old Jun 28, 2017, 3:46 pm

Programs: some

So, please, Swiss, could you make a serious effort and fix at least the worst problems: have boarding passes stored in the right place in the Wallet stack, and make check-in simpler. That relieves a lot of the pain, and we'll then be a little more patient with the other things such as - excuse me, plainly idiotic - layout and structure of the app.

Thanks.
+1
Old Jun 29, 2017, 6:59 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by LXboy
I was wondering if you ended up meeting them in March as proposed and if yes, how was that?
No, the proposed date didn't work (as ironically I was flying on LX that day and was yet again annoyed by the LX app). But I received an email explaining how important feedback was to them.

In any case, the meeting that I and several others need are not with the customer relations people of LX, but with the kids who are developing the app.
Old Jun 30, 2017, 11:10 am

No worries, the Android app is still equally crap

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...oc.swiss.swiss

Maybe thats the promise that was signed?

At least their employee-only app isn't better..

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....airmail&hl=en
Old Jul 18, 2017, 1:58 pm

Programs: some
Many thanks dear Swiss App team....for allowing Amadeus bookings to be managed, changed and checked-in on the LH app. With this I believe you can let your own app die - the only cosmetic "issue" is the yellow boarding pass, but again, this is just cosmetic.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.