LX operated by EDELWEISS AIR

Old Dec 25, 2014, 7:39 am

Programs: BD the last decent FFP
CH-aviation reports the end of WK Ops on ZRH-NYC:

Edelweiss Air (WK, Zurich) has confirmed it will return A330-300 HB-JHM (cn 1355) to parent Swiss (LX, Zurich) in April next year once a two-year long contract to operate flights from Zurich to New York JFK and Newark ends on March 31, 2015.

Using Edelweiss' Air Operators Certificate (AOC), the twinjet currently plies 6 of 14 weekly flights to New York JFK and 1 of 7 weekly flights to Newark service. Once the contract expires, Swiss will resume operating all flights using its own aircraft and crews.

The Swiss leisure carrier will continue to operate another A330-300 leased from Swiss, HB-JHQ (cn 1193), with another airframe HB-JHO (cn 1716) due for delivery from Airbus Industrie (AIB, Toulouse Blagnac) next year.
Old Dec 28, 2014, 4:28 am

Programs: LH HON
On my flight JFK-ZRH on Dec. 26th (LX17) there was a Swiss cockpit crew and a Edelweiss cabin crew and they told this during the welcome announcement. Normally the LX17 is a not Edelweiss on a Friday.
Old Mar 29, 2015, 12:55 pm

Programs: LX HON***, FB Silver, BA Silver, Bonvoy Gold, Hyatt GP, Hertz Gold, GHA Black
Originally Posted by GBM.flights
CH-aviation reports the end of WK Ops on ZRH-NYC:
MdC announced at arriving on Saturday from EWR that this was the last flight operated by Edelweiss. All back to SWISS now.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 8:12 am

Programs: LH HON
While I was sceptical about this operation at the beginning and they had their problems during the first months, it was very nice to see the very friendly Edelweiss crews. So now it is sad that this is terminated. Thank you Edelweiss!
Old May 4, 2015, 6:54 am
mbr

Programs: LX SEN, HH Diamond, IHG, Melia Silver, AVIS, Sixt
Question on ZRH-FLR flights.

Some of the flights to FLR are obviously operated by LX, some by WK. They are not in the 8xxx numbers. Am I supposed to get HON-Miles for the WK operated flights too or not? I really have difficulties to differentiate between what is a LX flight operated by WK and a WK flight codeshared with LX (especially when I end up flying in LX metal).

Anyone knows?
Old May 4, 2015, 9:05 am

LX operated by EDELWEISS AIR

Yes you will get HON-miles.

*on LX-Codeshares in the following ranges: LX4220-LX4239, LX4270-LX4279, LX4600-LX4639 und LX8000-LX8499 you will only get prime miles - no status miles, no HON miles and no exec. bonus

Example: on WK flights with LX8000-LX8499 you will only get prime miles.

So as long as the flight number is under 4220 it is a LX flight operated by LX, Edelweiss or Helvetic as wetlease.

The flight number counts. It might happen that LX leases an aircraft to Edelweiss for some time. So it could be an Edelweiss flight with low WK flight number but with LX codeshare (flight number > LX4220) but on LX metal. In this case you would only get prime miles.

Last edited by PetzLUX; May 4, 2015 at 9:11 am
Old May 10, 2015, 8:48 am
mbr

Programs: LX SEN, HH Diamond, IHG, Melia Silver, AVIS, Sixt
Thanks PetzLUX. I'll see how it works next week. What you described did exactly happen to me for ZRH-CTA last year and is one of the reasons why I fly AB this year.

Also no HON miles but much better price. :-)
Old May 10, 2015, 9:24 am

Originally Posted by mbr
Thanks PetzLUX. I'll see how it works next week. What you described did exactly happen to me for ZRH-CTA last year and is one of the reasons why I fly AB this year.

Also no HON miles but much better price. :-)
Yes, ZRH-CTA is flight WK398 with codeshare LX8398.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.