Mövenpick ice cream is back

Old Jun 17, 2015, 5:35 am

Programs: LX SEN
Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
I'll stay happily "Mittelmass" and get paid 3x of the average German, thank you very much
^

Personally I prefer Mövenpick (But of course that's personal taste). In addition, it matches the SWISS philosophy of providing more & more swiss products much better than Häagen-Dazs would.
Old Jul 5, 2015, 2:46 am

Mövenpick ice cream is back

Yesterday I tried walnut, stracciatella and lime ice cream at FCL ZRH. Really great combination.
Old Jul 25, 2016, 3:36 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Any sighting of Mövenpick icecream this year? I'm getting live reports from two FlyerTalker friends as I type this, one in ZRH E SEN Lounge and the other in FRA A26 Lounge, and they both report empty Mövenpick freezers!
Old Jul 25, 2016, 4:08 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Just as I waked back to get a drink, they filled the freezer in ZRH E!^
Old Jul 25, 2016, 4:15 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Must be a birthday surprise! Don't eat it all!
Old Jul 25, 2016, 4:18 am

Its just like they forgot its summer again when they stock the freezers end of July...
Old Jul 25, 2016, 4:21 pm
mbr

Programs: LX SEN, HH Diamond, IHG, Melia Silver, AVIS, Sixt
F Lounge in E has an Ice Cream Bar where they serve you with a good variety of different tastes. In the F Check-In Lounge they have the Ice Cream as well, but just the usual version in closed cups.
Old Jul 27, 2016, 5:06 am

Programs: LH SEN, A3*G, IHG plat, DB Comfort, SPG gold
Originally Posted by mbr
In the F Check-In Lounge they have the Ice Cream as well, but just the usual version in closed cups.
Will check-in there take so long that the cup ice cream will be thawed enough to actually be edible with the plastic spoon?
Old Jul 27, 2016, 9:53 am
mbr

Programs: LX SEN, HH Diamond, IHG, Melia Silver, AVIS, Sixt
Not that wrong. When I arrived last time I was the only one, but the Check-In was delayed for about 3mins because the three Check-In agents were talking to each other at the entrance and needed 3mins in order to recognize me. I just waited quietly. :-) Probably they should have told me "just take an Ice Cream until we finish our talk".
Old Jul 31, 2016, 3:24 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The same ice cream was offered in flight. Problem is it was totally melted. I would describe it as lightly chilled cream.
Old Jun 6, 2017, 11:08 pm

Programs: some
...and back again

since nobody mentioned it so far - it's back again, looks like at least 4 different flavors.
Old Jun 9, 2017, 2:29 pm

Location: my heart is on the shores of the north Italian lakes
Programs: LX Senator Lifetime, Relais&Chateaux Club5C, ex ! "Amanjunkie", ex LHW LC, hate chain hotels
Originally Posted by verve
since nobody mentioned it so far - it's back again, looks like at least 4 different flavors.
Mövenpick ice cream (and Mövenpick in general) - a good example of well marketed mediocrity which is omnipresent in Switzerland. Shame on LX for not offering a real good product to their customers.

P.S. I am a Swiss citizen
Old Jun 9, 2017, 2:49 pm

Programs: some
Originally Posted by behuman
Shame on LX for not offering a real good product to their customers.
Like what?
Old Jun 10, 2017, 12:26 am

We're talking about business/SEN lounges, not first class lounges. It's not like the rest of their product (especially in A) is anyhow "premium".

Mövenpick is solid. It's not great indeed, but perfectly adequate for the rest of the product. In Swiss grades, it's a 4-5
Old Jun 10, 2017, 2:04 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by YuropFlyer
We're talking about business/SEN lounges, not first class lounges. It's not like the rest of their product (especially in A) is anyhow "premium".

Mövenpick is solid. It's not great indeed, but perfectly adequate for the rest of the product. In Swiss grades, it's a 4-5
Exactly! ^^

Mövenpick products are perceived differently in different countries. In Switzerland, they are considered solid but in no way premium, in other parts of Europe they have an "elitist aura" attached to them, probably partly because they are from Switzerland, a country with a reputation for excellent chocolate, cheese etc. -- It's not so dissimilar to the perception of, let's say, Weber grills in the US and Europe: West of the pond they are considered average home-depot grade grills, east of the pond they are "premium".

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.