50% off Intra Europe Swiss Business

Subscribe
50% discount for Business Upgrades....

In an email received tonight (link to website here):

Still looking for a suitable Mother’s Day gift? Give your mother a special treat: an exclusive travel experience in SWISS Business for a flight in Europe.

50% cheaper for only 5 days: Purchase a Business Upgrade by Sunday for travel between now and 30 June. Look forward to unlimited service above the clouds and extra comfort for an unforgettable flight experience.

From Zurich*, Basel*, Geneva* and Lugano
Additonal amount per route from CHF 75.– instead of CHF 150.–
e.g. to Florence, Hamburg, Lyon, Prague.

Mother’s Day Special

Yours sincerely

Thomas Benz
Head of Marketing Switzerland

*Exceptions: Zurich – Stockholm/Dublin/Lisbon/Moscow/Warsaw
Geneva – Barcelona/Nice/Moscow and Basel – London/Manchester
So how many miles do we get per segment? This still is unclear to me, the LX mileage earning table here still shows 2000 miles for P-fares. This will drop to 750 after September 1st, no?
A big
Quote: 50% discount for Business Upgrades....
In marketing terms this is canibalizing a product removing its value and exclusivity which will ultimately lead to more cost cutting and less service.

Something really exclusive can not be too cheap.

A big to LX for this "promotion".
Quote: So how many miles do we get per segment? This still is unclear to me, the LX mileage earning table here still shows 2000 miles for P-fares. This will drop to 750 after September 1st, no?
The travel period for the promo is between now and 30 June as posted by the OP, so ignore the devaluation of Sep 1st (If the return is allowed beyond Sep 1st bet on the fact you'll get only the Eco mileage)

You'll get 2000 per cross-border flight and 1500 for a GVA-ZRH or vv. Plus executive bonus if applicable.

Quote: 50% cheaper for only 5 days: Purchase a Business Upgrade by Sunday for travel between now and 30 June. Look forward to unlimited service above the clouds and extra comfort for an unforgettable flight experience.

Quote: In marketing terms this is canibalizing a product removing its value and exclusivity which will ultimately lead to more cost cutting and less service.

Look at it through the following Marketing angle: It's a Promotion (only 5 days opportunity to book, and 60 days window for travel) that brings an attractive Price for consumers to try or repeat their Product.

Don't get all worked up about it. It's not "something really exclusive", we're talking Euro-Biz only. Were it not for the extra miles, I would even dare to call it expensive rather than cheap.

GBM
Too bad ARN isn't included, would've definitely upgraded.
Quote: Look at it through the following Marketing angle: It's a Promotion (only 5 days opportunity to book, and 60 days window for travel) that brings an attractive Price for consumers to try or repeat their Product.
OK, I am relaxed already, thank you and lets add the Packaging because it is the gift for the Mothers Day .
Quote: OK, I am relaxed already, thank you and lets add the Packaging because it is the gift for the Mothers Day .

It seems the promo also works for trips already booked (Even though it contradicts the published booking period) ^
Going through a trip booked last month on MMB or LX login I am being offered the same discounted rate. (travel dates are during the promo period).

I have another trip (LH outbound/LX inbound), exact same profile as above, but it's on LH 220 ticket stock, so not surprisingly no possibility there.

GBM
Also, it's only for flights departing ZRH outbound, so I can upgrade my ZRH-LHR-ZRH flights, but not the LHR-ZRH-LHR
Shouldn't you be able to upgrade just the outbound leg from ZRH as one-way?
Quote: In marketing terms this is canibalizing a product removing its value and exclusivity which will ultimately lead to more cost cutting and less service.

That's such a LOL "Really exclusive" LX intra-Europe C

And, by the way, LX has been doing this promos for years in connections to various festivities.

I personally value LX C at 50-75 EUR on 2+ hours flights over Y. Anything less then 2h - maybe 20 EUR.

Regards,

El Puerco Volante.
Quote: That's such a LOL "Really exclusive" LX intra-Europe C

And, by the way, LX has been doing this promos for years in connections to various festivities.

I personally value LX C at 50-75 EUR on 2+ hours flights over Y. Anything less then 2h - maybe 20 EUR.

Regards,

El Puerco Volante.
I agree 100%.

I am done with LX and their lies....What can special offer be....when you get leftovers in C class and a bottle of water. It is not worth it...not even 75 CHF instead of 150.
Check the excluded destinations...?????Hello...
You still get 200% of miles....but the good offer would be doing that for long-haul... not for short EU destinations....
Once more, LX is very clever, but we already know the "excellent Business class service for a little more"
Another advantage is Lounge access but most of us here have it anyway through status, so not a big deal.
European carriers only have themselves to blame that we value their intra-European C so poorly. Maybe if they offered a decent seat, really nice food and didn't offer fewer miles (Sept changes) more pax would up-sell. Race to the bottom indeed.
Just booked GVA-ZRH-DUS and back.. it came to CHF405, which seems not too bad, especially as I need to go there. But booking the flights ex-DUS and getting the lowest prices in Euros means that it comes out to almost the same thing in Francs, and that without a halfprice Business promotion. Now, it would be really great if they offered the halfprice promo from Germany.
Doesn't bring too much value these days but there is another 50% promo ex-Switzerland at the moment.
Pre-Xmas LX calls it.

Booking period: 17.10. - 22.10.12
Travel period: 01.11. - 20.12.12

Since 1SEP I'm out of these deals.

GBM