Go Back   FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More > Swiss International Air Lines
Sign in using an external account

Old Apr 18, 12, 1:12 pm   #1

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diam, Miles and More SEN, AA PLT
Baggage policy on 2 seperate PNRs

Hi FT,

Yesterday I ex ZRH I had a same day round trip to London, then zrh-dme later the same day.

Zrh-Lhr
Lhr-zrh
Zrh-dme

In the morning I brought my bag which I only needed in Moscow and suggested Swiss just check it for the last flight.

First response was no, it had to be on all flights I was on. Although I thought it was somewhat wasteful, I was fine with this. Then they said well I'd have to pick up the bag in London. I was on a quick trip there and for sure didn't want to do that. I suggested interlining the PNRs which was also rejected.

After some discussion with a supervisor they allowed me to check it zrh-dme only as an exception to policy. So thanks for that Swiss. Everything was fine.But I thought it was an interesting policy. I understand the safey idea of me needing to be on the flight my bag was on, but not why it has be on every flight I was on.

Any ideas?

Bege
begemot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 12, 7:53 pm   #2

Programs: SQ QPP, LH SEN, CZ G, QR G, CX G, BA EC, HH D, MR S, SPG G, IC A
Quote:
Originally Posted by begemot View Post
Hi FT,

Yesterday I ex ZRH I had a same day round trip to London, then zrh-dme later the same day.

Zrh-Lhr
Lhr-zrh
Zrh-dme

In the morning I brought my bag which I only needed in Moscow and suggested Swiss just check it for the last flight.

First response was no, it had to be on all flights I was on. Although I thought it was somewhat wasteful, I was fine with this. Then they said well I'd have to pick up the bag in London. I was on a quick trip there and for sure didn't want to do that. I suggested interlining the PNRs which was also rejected.

After some discussion with a supervisor they allowed me to check it zrh-dme only as an exception to policy. So thanks for that Swiss. Everything was fine.But I thought it was an interesting policy. I understand the safey idea of me needing to be on the flight my bag was on, but not why it has be on every flight I was on.

Any ideas?

Bege
I did something similar from PVG last year. Ticket was PVG-ZRH-BHX, then BHX-ZRH-STR on a separate PNR. 35 minute turnaround in BHX. Took some explaining due to the language barrier, but my bags ended up on PVG-ZRH-STR without problems. No policy was quoted at the time.

It would be odd as well, as I have had multiple flights with o/nights in ZRH and checked in bags for only one of the legs.